IGNORED

about being unequally yoked

GerdaHannah

Guest miss kitty
But i do think you should fix all the little things that could affect you in the future, or cause fights.

On the surface - that thinking sounds like a good plan. But, the fact is you cannot find and "fix" all the "little things" that could affect your relationship and/or cause fights.

A lot of people have differences of opinion, lifestyle, beliefs, etc. If, as a Christian, these things do not coincide with or complement your Christian beliefs - and you believe that you cannot live your life as a Christian with that persons differences - you have to either walk away or settle. In my opinion, one of the main causes of marriages breaking down is when one person refuses to be "fixed" by the other. Never marry anyone with a thought somewhere in your mind that "Oh, I'll be able to fix that and change them". It doesn't work like that. My husband and I are very different people - in the critically important things of life - we are in agreement - we love the Lord, each other, family. We both have 'little things' that probably drive the other crazy - we have decided many years ago - that it is more important to allow the other person to 'be' and to love and accept them - as long as we do nothing to hurt our obligations to God; each other, etc. those 'little things' remain just that - 'little' and not important in the big scheme of things.