• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Charlie,

You have some very good arguments. But, I think the harlot is the RCC. She has influenced many kings. Medival Europe was dominated by the RCC. Crusades were fought in her name, the inquisition put to death a lot of people. In Spain, those that were Jewish were forced to vconvert to catholism or be banished from their homes.

I think the church doctrin may be misleading her flock with the confessions and praying to Mary and the saints.

I think Peter would be the first to forbid you to bow or pray to him.

Christ's birthday on Dec. 25th was decided by a Pope who wanted to compete with the Pagan holiday. He also instituted rituals to draw in some of the Pagans. Also, if you had enough money, you could buy yourself the post of Pope, such as the Borgias. Several Popes did not live Godly lives, nor set an exhample for their flock.

Also, in Exodus 20:4 Thou shall not mak unto thee any graven image, or any lickness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth below, or that is in the water under the earth.

20:5 Thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord the God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers unto the third and forth generation of them that hate me.

Also in 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

It may be the Protestents are the daughters of the whore. They left the RCC because they did not believe in the church doctrins. They then accepted Jesus as their personal savior.

This is not meant to bash you or your belief. Many P churches have practices that I don't agree with. I was raised and am still a member of the Free Will Baptist, but I don't agree with them in all of their doctrine. It is your personal relationship with Jesus that is a person's ticket to heaven. I will not trust my soul to a minister, a rabbi, or a priest.

Believer

Right on ~ Your Relationship with Jesus is your ticket to Heaven along with Keeping The Faith.

Snowdoove

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Strservant
Revelation 17 is about Vatican City.

huh?

Revelation 18 is about New York City, the seat of the beast, UN>>

huh?

I can see from the content of subsequent posts that no-one bothered to read the articles I posted on page two. I thought they were good and were more Biblically accurate then some of this "modern day speculation" people insist on.

I wanted to thank you for your posts. I did take the time to read them and found them informative. When I started this thread I wanted to hear peoples opinions so I could get a wide view to consider. I think we should be careful saying it is this or it is that as if we know for certain. When I read these verses I can see the RCC but I can also see sevaral other options as well. I have liked the references I have gained by starting this thread and some of that has come from you. I appreciate your posts and the study they have provided and did not intend this thread to be a bash the RCC. Just wanted to let you know I had noticed the work and time.

Respectfully,

Strservant

Guest shadow2b

-Charlie my boy----you live in a "fantasy-land"where the "Church"is concerned---How many times are you gonna have to face the fact that "The-Church"IS THE PEOPLE---THE-SHEEP---THE BRIDE--The SAINTS----IT does not mean "The-catholic-church{is "THE-CHURCH"}neither does it mean ANY PROTESTANT-CHURCH

-IS *THE CHURCH*----Buildings do Not Committ SIN-----People do-----

-I know you will bring in the scripture--

-2nd.Peter 1.vss.19.Thru.21-------

-We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take

-heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day

-star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of

-any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of

-man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost. 

-I know you will probably dis-Agree with this BUT--never-the-less--here goes----

-These verses simply mean that "The-Scriptures" need NO-further-Interpretation--

-They have already been "Interpreted"by the Author of "GOD'S WORD"

-THE-HOLY-SPIRIT----Which means--THE Scriptures mean exactly what they say &

-say exactly what they mean------There is NO other "Interpretation"-OR-"Explanation"--Needed--That would be {ADDING--TO--GOD'S WORD}

Guest charlie

I agree that the "Church" is the people; the body of believers, it is not a building.

Here's where I may disagree, I think the Roman Catholics are part of the "church" and despite the evil perpetrated by some during medieval times, the same has also been perpetrated by protestants when they've been in positions of authority. Look at Martin Luther, John Calvin and look at what happened to Joseph Smith here in the U.S. where we supposedly have freedom of religion.

The Russian Orthodox "Church" survived underground for 70 years without a church building to assemble in.

I do think that many, many protestant Christians REFUSE to include Roman Catholics in the "Church" body and that bothers me very much. After all, I'd venture to say that most of our ancestors were Roman Catholic. I think there is a tendency to WANT to believe that the RCC is the Whore of Babylon and I think the Roman Catholic "defense" of this accusation makes more sense than some of the other "interpretations" out there.

No scripture is of private interpretation BUT private interpretation is exactly what has splintered the protestant side of the "Church" into over 30,000 plus different congregations/denominations that interprete the word of God differently, while they all say they're following EXACTLY what the Bible says, no adding or takin away.

As I said in an earlier post IF the RCC is Mystery Babylon then us protestants are as well; we're the "harlot" daughters are we not?

At this point I tend to agree with Snowdove:

I believe that Mystery Babylon is more then one country or city.

USA, European Confideration, and Jerusalem.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I believe mystry Baylon will be the One Wold Government which will include a one world church, and every other philosophy or doctrine that is not Biblical. There will be one supreme ruler because it is patterned after God's Kingdom and will use a lot of truth to deceive those who are not True Believers, and don't have that personal relationship with our triune God, but rely totally on knowledge of, and about God. So I don't think you can nail it down to any one organization. There are only two kingdoms: God's, and satan's.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

That view point was the strong opinion of the Reformers, as we might expect. It was also the view of Tertullian, Jerome, Augustine,

So now St. Agustine is a protestant??????.

That's outrageous!.

St. Augustine would've never said those terrible lies about the Church (Christ's bride).

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The light use of the word mystery, as though there is no mystery to Babylon and her daughters, causes many to use reason to try to sort out these things.

Babylon is such a great mystery because it has thousands of faces, forms, doctrines, and methods, but one thing is always present in Babylon, there is always in her some way that the bible speaks directly against.

(2 Th 2:7 KJV) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

(2 Th 2:8 KJV) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

(2 Th 2:9 KJV) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

(2 Th 2:10 KJV) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

(Rev 17:7 KJV) And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

(Rev 18:2 KJV) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

(Rev 18:3 KJV) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

(Rev 18:4 KJV) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

The call to "my people" to come out of her indicates that some of us (His people) are or were in her, and my concern is how do we exit "her" if we don't know what she is?

We need to know to obey this call, providing that we are the ones referred to as my people.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

St. Augustine (ps, not a reformer) is AWESOME...the best quote ever!

"Lord, make me chaste and pure...but not yet."

Those were the days before he became, well, saintly.