• Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not Forsaken: Reaching Sex Slaves in Mid-America

By Charlene Israel

CBN News Reporter

Thursday, August 26, 2010

<snip>

Rossetti told CBN News that Kansas City's easy access to highways and the large amount of commercial trade the pass through the state make it a hub for traffickers.

"So Kansas City, Mo., Kansas City, Kan. and Overland Park, Kan. are a great place to do international and national trade and not just in the trade of commercial products, but also in the trade of human beings," she said.

People You'd Least Suspect

Rosetti said most people would be surprised to discover who the sex traffickers really are.

"It is not just the sleezy people we think on the streets that this is happening. Traffickers can be doctors, and have been doctors, lawyers, dentists, social workers, teachers. There's really no end to the person that would be a candidate, so to speak, to be a trafficker."

Like Childs, many of the girls working in the sex trafficking industry come from abusive homes.

"They're coming from the foster care system. They are coming to us as runaways, children with no places to go. Children who have been victimized - sexual molestation, abuse, neglect," Rosetti explained.

Experts say the majority of the girls rescued from the streets will need long term recovery.

<snip>

Read the full report here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

This is so sad. These precious people are running to people they have been taught to trust and then are betrayed by them and enslaved. I believe human trafficking should be a capital crime, because it destroys the body and soul of the victim. My prayers are with them and I hope that one day soon justice will come.

Those children are robbed of their childhood, and have practically no chance of living a normal successful life as an adult. What a wretched existence! My heart goes out to them.