• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

They're referring to growth rate in THOUSANDS OF YEARS, not decades. Describing your own big family proves the point.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Spiritual Warrior,

I understand that faith is something that fills the evidence gap so to speak - that if a belief were fully evidenced that it would not be faith.

However, one question, does faith allow you to believe in spite of evidence? In other words, if there were evidence against what you believe, would faith counteract it - or would you then question your belief?

well, so far, there has been no evidence that disproves my faith.....

fact of the matter is, when science gets involved in one thing, trying to disprove one thing about my faith, about my God, it will inadvertantly verify something else that was not even on the research list.....

a mathamatician, and engineer for Beech Aircraft company, proved the divinity and the mortality of Jesus Christ, with mathamatics..... fairly simple process.... only thing was, those that would have understood the process didnt want to hear it, cause it went against what they wanted to hear..... my mother has seen the formula, but not being a mathamatician, was unable to fully understand it, I was too young to even care, all i knew was that Jesus was real.....( by the way, i was doing complex math problems by the time I was in the 7th grade, my grandfather taught me how to do algebra and other stuff by then..... my oldest son is 17 and has already completed college algebra, college trig, and is currently taking calculus .... he is further then I wanted to ever be.... )

it does not take a brain to figure out that Jesus was both God and Mad at the same time..... but for those that are super brains, they can not figure out something that is so simple.....

I had a man working for me that was totally lost with almost anything you could think of, except math...... he could talk math for hours and hours ( honestly, i listened to him talk about a single mathamatical problem for 8 solid hours... no exageration what so ever..... this guy was bright when it came to math, but when it came to getting ready for work, he showed up one day with out shoes... had his socks on, but no shoes.... another day, forgot his coat ( january / february time frame in Iceland )..... knew his math..... but had not a lick of common sense....

it actually takes more faith not to believe in God then to believe in God..... the proof is with God....... the manuscripts of days gone by, not even things listed in the Bible show proof....

did you know there is a rental agreement that has been dated back ( by science, not religion ) to around Abrahams day???? and it was about 1500 miles from its origin...... wow.... even had the legal boundries that this peticular wagon was allowed to go..... it was not allowed past certain boundries or the party renting it would be liable for it...... that was over 4000 years ago.....

you see, there are coming to view, more and more things that have already been documented in the Bible, that people ignore as junk, that are actually being proven with modern science.....

did you know there is a tunnel under jerusalam that goes out a long distance from the city, that was hand dug many many many ( 3 - 4 thousand ) years ago.... that was started at each end and met in the middle and was only a few inches from being right on track with each end...... the tunnel was able to be traveled thru by several people at a time, for fetching water and such during an attack.... the math that had to be used to be able to line this tunnel up so close had to be pretty good.... and then to dig by hand..... sheesh..... i have a hard time digging a straight line for 100 feet...... much less several thousand feet.....

God proves science where science is trying to disprove God, but is proclaiming the entire Bible is correct.....

as i mentioned earlier,,,,, there is no evidence, that goes against my God that has been verified to be true, it has all been deemed false.... it can not stand against its self, the false evidence that is against God can not.... we were told that when we did an equation in math or even with science, that if we could not prove it using the same technic then it was invalid.... science comes up with something, and they try to pass it off as being truth, and they have not even followed the basic laws of science, and that is to prove what they find against it's self......

how many years did they believe the horseshoe crab had been gove from the face of the earth????? and then one day, vol'la, there is a live horseshoe crab.... junk science said it could not exist..... and it does.....

how about the nautlist? another ancient creature not suppose to be in existance, and well, I have a fairly fresh shell from one.. .and they are currently swimming around the oceans.....

I lay the burden of proof on those that try to say God does not exist, PROVE IT!

you can'nt ...

mike

You CAN'T prove that God exists or does not. Hence Agnostics.

You can prove that certain theories are, as far as we know, physical truths, laws.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

You can prove that certain theories are, as far as we know, physical truths, laws.

I dont have to prove to me that God exist..... for God has already shown Himself to me. I know, beyond any.... not just a shadow, but beyond any doubt, that God does, indeed, factually exists...... if a person chooses to ignore the evidence given by God Himself, that is their problem... that is the same as rejecting Him and when time comes to stand before Him and make an account for your life here, what will you answer?????

will you say ,Gee, i couldn't see you, so I thought you didnt exist..... or

I heard your voice but thought I was loosing my mind so I didnt answer you.... or

I just didnt want to be bothered..... or I didnt want the world to think i was a religous FANattic..... or I wanted to do things my way..... or I didnt want you to control my life....

what excuse will you give to the Lord when He asks.....

I will say, Lord, Thank You for Everything...... You Are The Mostest ..... You gave me Life.... You Saved this unworthy soul and thru you I have been cleaned....

and much much much more.... Praising His Name all the day long.....( no more night time )

mike

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

what excuse will you give to the Lord when He asks.....

"Oops. Sorry. Forgive me?"

"Yeah, sure. That's what I do."

Done and done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/11/1978

You can't *prove* scientific theory. That's why it's called a theory. The *Law* of Gravity for example will only stand until we observe phenomena that contradicts it. Having said that I'm pretty sure it is correct. I only want to point out that scientific theory cannot be proven to absolute certainty because it would be impossible for any human to verify it's truth in every possible case.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear All,

This is just my opinion. You need not accept it or even read it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

All this talk about proof and evidence confuses me. I always thought that faith was defined as the will to believe without evidence (some atheists would say despite evidence to the contrary). One does not need to defend one's faith by proving it. Proving faith is non-sensical. If there was proof, faith would not be needed.

Equally non-sensical is when someone asks someone to disprove their belief. This assumes that someone has total knowledge of the universe and all its workings in order to argue a disproof.

I think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. It only gets hairy when someone tries to impose their beliefs on others who do not believe similarly. In this case, the one making the assertive claim should provide the proof, or at least the reasons why others should believe as they do. Fortunately, throughout history, only a few have chosen to employ violence as a method of convincing others.

Isn't tolerance a great thing?

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Isn't tolerance a great thing?

Absolutely. We have to learn to listen to each other more.

You can't *prove* scientific theory. That's why it's called a theory. The *Law* of Gravity for example will only stand until we observe phenomena that contradicts it. Having said that I'm pretty sure it is correct. I only want to point out that scientific theory cannot be proven to absolute certainty because it would be impossible for any human to verify it's truth in every possible case.

Which is why I said "as far as we know." But there is a difference between scientific theory and scientific law, FYI. Not that laws can't be wrong, we're just more confident that they're not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/11/1978

But there is a difference between scientific theory and scientific law, FYI

Ok, not picking fights here. :t2: But please believe me when I say I know what scientific theory and law is. I just wanted to point out the inherent uncertainties of science, which any true scientist will readily acknowledge.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear jcm,

This is just my opinion. If you disagree, you are free to disregard it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

Yes, science is never 100% proven. However, science has evidence, and is flexible enough to look at itself and entertain evidence that it may be in contradictory. If the preponderance of valid and reliable data is there, science will revise itself.

Try comparing that to dogma. :t2:

Regards,

UndecidedFrog