IGNORED

moving out at a considerably young age

Guest kings&pawns

if your parents were comfortable with you staying with another family, that would be one thing. i know that my family took in one of my brother's friends during senior year when his mother moved away... she didn't have a problem with doing so. she had her own reasons... maybe because it was a son and not a daughter, maybe because she was relieved of some of the financial burden, maybe because she was an alcoholic, maybe because she was just exhausted from years of single parenthood... maybe because her son had spent his entire life in this small town and didn't feel it was right to uproot him to a big city during his last year of school. who knows. i wonder if the mother anguished over it the way a mother of a daughter would? i'll never know.

but if it causes undue emotinal pain on your mother, and it sounds like this decision definitely would, then please don't. i've just lived through that twice, and i wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone. IMO, the only worse pain a mother can face in life is for her child to die. you're 16, and i'm guessing you will be a junior. you have two years to make lots of friends and be happy where you move to without feeling like an outsider at graduation.

and as for your emotional ties to your hometown, you could always do this... my youngest daughter has decided to have her class ring custom made... a replica of MY mother's class ring (ash loves her grandma's ring and has been wearing it for two years.) on the replica, my daughter is going to have LVA (las vegas academy) engraved on one side, and the initials of the school she'll be graduating from on the other side... because she feels that bond to both schools. perhaps you might want to do something like that? she went to a jewler here and got an estimate... to have one custom made the way she wants costs less than half of what jostens would charge for a ring.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

I thought this may be helpful. proverbs 27:8 'a person who strays from home is like a bird that strays from its nest.' :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

i want to move out and im only 16 years of age. It has nothing to do with my family because i have probably the best family you can come by. i've lived here all my life and now at the end of highschool they want to move me when i have a stable relationship and can graduate in under a semster if i choose to. I dont know anything about financial stababilty or how to achieve it and i cant do it alone. Please reply with answer to this or suggestions on what i can do.

wow... i'm 17 and honestly would just about give anything to move out but that's something my parents are strict about. i hate it sometimes but... when i really think abot it... i've changed so much since being a freshmen in high school and feel that i'm more mature now... and i feel i'll be equally changed in a year or two when i finally do move out. honestly i've different than i was at 16 and in in year you'll find that you'll be drastically more independent. i think especially going through high school ever single year matters in regards to maturity...

that brings me to my next point... i know people my age and even 16 who've already graduated and skipped they're senior year. i think this is a horrible idea enforced by a society that forces kids to be adults to quickly. you may dissagree and know people who are different but i find people who go through with this and get completely messed up. if you want to skip a semester and graduate then fine... but be careful. you might not be able to see the impact but there will be an impact.

heh... i talk like i've already graduated... but i would deffinately think about the long term effects of your decisions. good luck... and remember to pray that god will lead you in the right direction...

-joel

Edited by OBEY

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

IF you don't have to I would not till you get some job security. Don't you want to go to college? Well if you don't you need to find at least one stable job.

I don't know where you live but if iyour going to move out your cheaipiest and best route till you get job security is to have a roomate. Share a place with someone or rent from a family at church if possible first to see what bills you will have to start paying because now mom and dad won't pay your bills when you live on your own.

To rent a room or share witha roomate generall cost anywhere from $300- $600 a month. Than you need to be able to eat so since it is just you that may run you about $100 -$200 a month depending on how much you eat out. IF you reant an apartment you are pretty to much to young without getting your parents to co sign. And to rent and a 1 bedroom apartment depending on where you live can start at any where from $500 -1000 per month and sometimes that inclusdes utilities and sometimes it does not. Than since you will be on your own you have to a car and car insusrance and thats about any where from $200 per month or $600 per year depending how good your drivving record is and since you are so young your rates will be higher. Oh! yeah your utilities can run an average of $30 to $100 plus depending on how well you like to stay cold and warm. Than theres your phone bill wich most people who don't talk alot averageg about $40 month if you like to talk more well I have seen bills as much $300 Than theres the fun things you like to do like rent movies or go theater bowliing or whatever That can avaegage out to at least $100 or month Now this is someone who is operating on a tight budeget if you don't have one than go for it. Yard sales are always a good place to get started for first time furinature.

So IF you do move out and when ever that may be you should have 3 months worth of rent saved up to start and always have emergency money for the car breaks down or needs fixing. After you got 3 months under your belt always make sure you have one or two months of rent saved up.

Good luck whatever you do.