• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think she's a great girl. Sometimes I overreact maybe. We usually go out together once a week, and speak to one another on the phone every other day. We are taking it slowly because we both agreed to a slow and steady relationship. We are spending some time together this Saturday. Maybe we can have some good discussion then. I am all the while praying for clarity and guidance in this.

How do you feel about her deep down, the place you don't talk to anyone about?

Go there, think hard, and pray.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

I called her tonight and told her that I am going to back up from her some and cool things off. I told her that I want to work on being a great friend, and then we will see what it develops into. I believe that I rushed into this relationship, and in ways, have made it my idol. I want to surrender to God. She told me that she doesn't believe a relationship is something to worry or be serious about. I told her that it was serious to me. When two people of the opposite sex are putting themselves out there, how is it not serious to some extent? I don't think God intended for two people of the opposite sex to simply play "The Dating Game" and then it not progress into anything else. I told her that she and I seem to be on different pages. I encouraged her to pray and consider what she wants in a relationship and how it contrasts to what I want in one. I told her to pray, consult her family and friends. She said she is fine with us cooling things down-though we weren't moving at an extremely fast pace anyways. Huh, I feel like I said everything about breaking up without actually breaking up. I don't know where to take this next. I guess only time will tell. I told her that perhaps she is not as serious about this sort of thing as I am, and that perhaps we need to examine if this is something God wants. If it is, then the Lord will find a way to work through this, if not, I hope that he give us the strength to part in peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,964
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  234
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I think you have made a wise choice and will pray that God leads you to the woman He has planned for you :thumbsup: