IGNORED

Who Is This Allah?

Snowdoove

Hey Cat thanks. So having been there would you say that Muslims here are different than Muslims there. The ones here as you say that I know do have a false piety. But when I try to tell them about Christ they have so many examples of bad christians and I know they are right that I find myself caught in trying to explain all of that instead of sharing the message of Christ. So what would you suggest here?

And Star what I meant by outward show was to show the Christ centered manifestion of our hearts. I didn't mean that we should put on a show. That would make us hypocrites. It seems like alot of christians are too worried about being politically these days.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

In missions you have to learn about the people...their culture, their customs and know a little about them. It does help to speak their language, of course. :) We need to understand people we approach with the gospel.

When you go out and love people where they're at, they tend to listen more readily. You allow the Holy Spirit to do His job in moving in their hearts.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen Jim!  :thumb: phil 2:9,10  Acts 4:12

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

All praise belongs to ALLAH WHO has sent down the Book (Koran)

Thx, Eve...! Really fascinating post and great info to share.

There's still so much I don't know and I'm still learning. Thank you for the contribution. I hope you can find that website someday. :thumb:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Cat,

Found it!

What I love is when someone posts something  and they have  back up their claims, which you have done in a most intelligent way.  Again, much thanks, Eve.

I am forever a student, always learning ....  it's one thing when people just spew baseless opinions and quite another thing when they've done their 'homework'.

My real life experience living in and among Muslims educated me greatly to the reality of their spiritual condition.

Here's a little insight from the Indonesian side. Many of the men who have multiply wives and hence many children, leave the women and play "musical wives"...making many babies but supporting few or none of them.

This is perhaps one reason I saw so many fatherless chidlren roaming the streets. It's a poor country to begin with and then when one man makes so many children and can't support any of them, you end up with a lot of  "orphans" or fatherless children. Mother's often abandon the children because they have no way to feed and care for them.

I would see countless multitudes of children...babies, toddlers, and children of all ages roaming the streets, sometimes naked but always thin and hungry, begging for food.

I would see women walking around with babies in "sling-like" cloths wrapped around their backs and holding the infants.

They'd be standing around with little tin cups begging for money or food.

This is what the lovely religion of Islam brings upon it's people with it's doctrine of four wives. It brings many women with babies they can't support and fathers who can't find work anyway so they just abdicate their duties as fathers altogether.

I am not so sure that's the case with Arabs however. I think that Arabs are much stricter and require that a man be able to provide for his wives and children. He can only have as many wives and children as he can provide for.

Again, culture is a VERY big deal here. I can't emphasize that enough....culture, culture, culture....it's very critical when examining the effects of Islam on it's people.

It's not just "ALL" Muslims - it's Islam PLUS culture.

Islam  dealt a devastating blow to the Indonesian people; they're a poor country as it is and can't provide for the masses already.

Then you add the "four" wives principal and you end up with orphans galore.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

With Arab Muslims, and all Muslims, they can do these "temporary" marriages, which means that they marry for a one-night stand, or for as long as the infatuation lasts, then "divorce" the woman.

Yes, Star...you've done your research, too. I knew that Islam permitted the "temporary" marriage, as you mentioned. It's just a "legal" way to satisfy lustful desires in the name of religion.

Boy, doesn't it smack of Satan? They convince these people that they're "holy" because they're "religious" but the sin nature is intact and in full force.

Religion {Islam} allows for and justifies the base desires of the flesh, and legitimizes it in the name of their religion, but in this case, they call it "temporary" marriage.  Uhhhh, right...

The ones who suffer are the children. Always.  :)

Hi guys

I don't think they will get very far with multiple wives here. But I do know alot of Muslims in the area I live in, which is very liberal and the men hold in great asteem the others who take mistresses. I always wonder what their wives think about all of this because they do not try to hide it. Your right Cats about the culture because the Muslim's I have become close to see Allah and Jehovah as the same God. They are from Albania and when the war broke out their it was both the Muslims and Christians who were killed in ethnic cleansing. Over time and reading the Koran I came to understand they knew parts of it but not all of it. At first they didn't believe me about what it said until I showed them. With everything that has been going on they remain on the fence. Not wanting to give up their religion, but not agreeing what Muslims are doing in the name of Allah. I guess when push comes to shove we'll have to see which side of the fence they get off on.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou