Snowdoove

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I'm kinda laughing when I read your post...uh, yeah..I DID risk my life...

Some other  missionaries told me I was crazy for doing what I was doing...One even confessed that he didn't have the  "backbone" for it......

In otherwords, YOD...{and I am being a bit hard and sarcastic here...} but the mission field is FILLED with cowards...

Uh...YEAH! I did risk my life. I WAS warned about   men with hats and white robes {Imams} in the village and told it wasn't safe to go there and had the children brought to me secretly at the church...

Oh, I know the risks. I don't care.

Look, I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can. The truth is not everybody who calls themself a missionary has a clue what the word really means. I say this because I have a real problem with anyone who takes money from a church and calls themself a missionary and doesn't want to get "dirty".

This is a real sensitive issue with me. I went into the field expecting to get real dirty and take some major risks. That's what a true missionary is about.

Martin and Gracia Burham are examples of real troopers who went through the fires of affliction. I think her parents were missionaries in the Phillipines also...

No, YOD...if someone calls themself a missionary, let them stand firm and not hide away like a frightened child.

As Queen Ester said..."If I die, I die.."

You know, if you go into missions, you can't be worried about your life. You're not there for an extended vacation. Sadly, too many people don't realize that.

If you go into the field, you go without fear and trust in God or just forget it...or as you have heard...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hello, I am new to this board. I have been reading the posts in this topic, but ran out of steam to read all of them. I have a question for anyone who can help. It is one thing to evangelize to muslims and I understand that undertaking. What I am having problems with are the people that are not muslim, but claim they know all this stuff about Islam. You know the standard, "But Islam means peace." How do I tell people about the religion when in a discussion about it. They get very defensive even when I do my best to say things with love. Should I continue even trying? They seem totally closed to the truth. Forgive me if this doesn't make a lot of sense. It is midnight where I am.  Any insight, suggestions, etc. would be most appreciated. Thank you

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

passionatefury -

Just pick-up your own English-version of the Koran and read it.  My pastor did that, and he extracted all these passages about conversion-through-force.  Muhammad was most definantly not a man of peace.  But, to tell these folks, if you have the Koran with you, all you have to do is open it and show 'em.  Make sense?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks nebula. I have tried to give them hard evidence like that, but they always point to the muslims they know. "My muslim friends aren't like that. That is only if you take it literally." And the debate goes on. I don't try to lump all muslims together and realize that every muslim is not a terrorist at your door, but that is what I have been accused of saying and it has become horrendously frustrating. I told them to get a Qur'an of their own and read it for themselves. No response to that. I guess it is like preaching the Gospel in that you can sow it, but you may not see the fruit of it or if there is any.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

By the way, Islam doesn't mean "peace", Islam means "submission". And you're right, according to Mohammed that is either willingly or under the sword.

IR

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

LOL, Cat, I totally agree. I can't compare to your experiences, but I have done short term mission work (two weeks at a time) on an Indian Reservation in North Carolina. We were instructed about how much some of them hate white people, the dangerous situations, (LOTS of alcoholism), etc. Real poverty is everywhere. Once we got there, a lot of the "missionaries" said 'forget this' and chose something like tending the flower beds at the camp. LOL. I swallowed my fear, trusted in the Lord and started door to door.....one guy exposed himself and peed on my shoe while I presented God's plan of salvations to him.......lol.......I smiled at him and asked him if he would like to know more? LOL

We always had a large man (missionary) within yelling distance in a van....so were weren't stupid (I think God expects us to use our brains), but duh, missionary work isn't always safe and comfortable and fun......but is there any other feeling in the world as great as the one that you just KNOW you are wrapped tightly and safely in God's arms, armed to do His work? No way!

• Topic Count:  439
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I'm sure there a very nice Muslims. I guess it may depend on where you go in the world.

Honestly, I watch Forensic Files  on cable and it's just amazing what demon occupation can do to the human psyche.

People can be so dark and evil, it blows my mind. Having been the victim of very violent crime and by God's grace, survived the attack -  I know how evil people can be.

Imagine kids who are abandoned by their parents, dumped into a street without food or clothing and left to their own devices. This is what I saw in Muslim Indonesia.

They're never  taught morals or any kind of values. They are taught  "Jihad". The Imams {Muslim clerics} come in and indoctrinate these orphans and  become role models.

They are fed propaganda and believe what they're taught blindly.

They go and die a martyrs death for the cause of Allah. The Koran claims that the  martyr will be ministered to by 72 virgins for all of eternity. Not a bad deal if you're a poor abandoned orphan growing up with no sense of belonging.

Welcome to Islam.  I lived and worked with Muslims day and night.

I suspect a similar situation occurs in the poor Islamic countries around the world.  

People are very easy to control. The media does a great job in influencing public opinion. The masses are controlled by it.

You can put a spin on just about anything and people will buy it. Do you know WHY they believe it?

Easy...not too many people challenge what they hear or see. They can be very easily manipulated by the media, whether it be by television or shortwave.

People out there have an agenda...the prowar folks have theirs and the anti-gov people have theirs and the Muslims and Al Jazeera has it's agenda...everybody has an agenda.

But NO BODY cares that they're being conned or manipulated.

They'd rather lay down and believe whoever shouts the loudest.

I started a heavy-duty topic a month or so ago. It was called, "Deception and Propaganda" and I thought people would really want to know how they were being conned.

Guess not. I  included some  research done during the Hitler regime and the tactics used to manipulate public opinion. No one read the topic. It died.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Boron

If I remember correctly, the name Allah is the Aribic derivitive of El (singular) which is also mentioned in Genesis, as El-ohim(Plural).  The term "El" is from the oldest Babylonian language, which means the great creator (or something to that effect). It is like our name "God" which is taken from the old Anglo-Saxon name for "good".

Aside from that, ALL of the world's religions, including false Christianity, teach "salvation"  or, becoming acceptable to God  is through human endeavor or in other words, WORKS.  That none of them deal with the sin of man  nor of our inherent sinfulness except the Spiritual path (Way) set before us , God's chosen (John 6:35-40), by the Son of God that is often referred to as "Christianity".  It is because we, as "normal" humans do not realize that it is in our nature to be rebellious toward God, and it is this very factor of our nature that keeps us naturally separated from Him.