IGNORED

Would you lie to save the life of one human being?

Omega

Would you lie to save the life of one human being?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you lie to save the life of one human being?

• No way, the commandments clearly states that "thou shalt not lie!"
    • Yes hypocrite!, one life and soul means more to God than a lie!
    • Not sure!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Then I will go to hell. Period.

John 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I will do whatever is necessary to obtain a HIGHER spiritual law.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4 Love is patient and kind, not jealous, not boastful, 5 not proud, rude or selfish, not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not gloat over other people's sins but takes its delight in the truth. 7 Love always bears up, always trusts, always hopes, always endures.

Love is above the LAW. The heart of the Law is mercy.

Mark 12:33

And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbors as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Comes down to this: If an intruder breaks into my house and demands me to bring him my young, virginal 13 year old daughter so he can deflower her...do you honestly think I'll speak the truth?

Is there a MAN here who would?

I'd probably get busted up pretty bad but I'd fight this monster till "I" was dead...but he'd get no truth from me.

Evil has no honor...and deserves no truth. It deserves nothing but banishment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

One should not underestimate the POWER of a loving God to forbid an evil spirit to touch one of our loved ones....

All the devils in Hell tremble when the weakest Christian goes down on knee in prayer.

My testimony follows and I am sure there are others who can share similar experiences. Christians NEED to know what God does for those who Trust Him for safety...

God gives POWER to the Christian so they can prevail in battle with the enemy of God.

A REAL man/woman who loves Jesus will know where his strength and fullest effect is found: Christ Jesus.

I was seventeen and walking one night with a young relative through the dark streets of our southern town. I told the young man about how much Jesus is in evidence in the lives of those who love Him. I gave testimony after testimony about the Grace of God. Suddenly, as we turned a corner and walked under a street light we were surrounded by four young men who demanded to know why we dared to trespass their gangland. The largest one of the men was drunk and held a barber's razer in his hand as he advanced on me. My friend was quite alarmed. I told him to remain quiet and watch what God would do. I had decided to test the truth of what I had just been telling my friend.

The large man moved closely to me and began to curse at me loudly and thump his razor on my chest. I felt sure he could see my heart pounding through my thin tee shirt, but I looked him in the eye and loudly proclaimed God's Love for him. I repeated several times that God loved him. I then looked at him and felt compelled to say this: "I do not speak to the man who is standing in front of me, but I speak to the spirit of violence that is within the man. I SEE YOU! I command you to leave this man, in Jesus' name!" I said this three times and the man suddenly took two steps back from me with a shocked look on his face. "What are YOU?" he asked. "I am a Christian and the Holy Spirit is present here right now. He is speaking to you." He then said he was willing to forget about doing us violence if we would simply walk away and not come back to that street again. He turned to walk away. His friends watched from a few feet away. I strod toward him and took his arm. "No! Jesus isn't finished with you yet..." I began telling him about the love of God. He then objected quite loudly that if I did not stop telling him about love he would surely cut my throat. I contined. He then informed me of how his grandmother was a christian and had sat on her front porch in her rocking chair telling him Bible stories when he was a little boy. He said if God loved her then why did he not take away her poverty. I asked him if his grandmother was unhappy with her life. He acknowledged she never compained. He said she never went hungry that he could recall. Then he told me of how he had been beaten by twelve young men after a high school football game. He said they each took turns beating him until he was left unconscious in the middle of the road. He was out to get revenge. His friends told me he had cut a man at a bus stop the night before so badly he almost bled to death before he could get medical help.

The man then gave me his razor to confirm his good will. I threw it into the nearby woods. A car drove up with his friends in it and he asked them to give my companion and I a ride to my house. As we rode in the car his friends looked at me with the widest eyes and said, "You have no idea how close you came to death tonight. We went with him because we knew he intended to kill a white man tonight." I told them God had plans for their friend. Within two short years the man had become a Christian and is now a respected Pastor in the town where this event happened. God is so merciful and loving. His ways are beyond our understanding....and His Grace endures forever.

Brother George A.

• 4 months later...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

It depends on the lie and who's life is at stake?

I am not sure that I can answer this question. As stated before if an intruder was in my house then yes I would lie to save the lives of my children.. I would not lie in the instance of my salvation however..The question was indeed too narrow based to make sound decision.. I am not sure in how this question was meant.. Are we talking about the anti-christ scenario? In which case I expect to be raptured already.. Praise God. These are just my beliefs in a pre trib situation however and am in no way pushing them on anyone else. So I guess that maybe I can say that yes in certain situations I would lie.. In His service and love, Jina

Well, this is necessarily a loaded question.

Simon Peter, one of the closest three Apostles to Jesus when he was here on the earth, lied to the people three times, and denied Jesus. That's right! He didn't lie to save a life! He didn't tell the truth to condemn a life. He lied to deny the Prince of Life. This was the only man who got out of the boat and walked on the water. This was the only man who instinctively defended Jesus in the Garden. Yet when his life was specifically in question, he denied Jesus. How  high minded and full of ourselves are we, if we think we could do any better....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen and again I say amen!!!!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Personally I don't regard Peter - or any disciple, or anyone else, for that matter - as being on a pedestal and therefore above the demands & imperatives of Deity. If a person can break ONE commandment, why wouldn't he break them ALL? If lying is wrong, so too is coveting. If telling a falsehood is offends our Lord, so too does the crime of murder. Exodus 20 is quite distinct & very clear on it.

The much more to-the-point way to ask this hypothetical query is: Is anyone, including the Apostle Peter, free to break one of God's holy imperatives depending on the circumstances? And, of course, the specific biblical answer is absolutely NO! Sin against the Lord God is UNacceptable under all circumstances. I don't see a "personal preference" prefix or suffix re ANY of God's principles, do you?

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I answered Yes, because truthfully I have lied for less. And I know if it came to saving someones life, I probably would. I just know me, and I know that God knows my heart, that I would be seriously troubled and torn, but he knows that I would do whatever it takes to save a person, and I would definitely spend time in prayer before and after.

But really, I have lied about alot more stupid and menial subjects than of a life. And no one here can say they have not.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I lie all the time to spare people's feelings. As long as it is not serious. Yes dear " I love your new dress". Yes son " you played a heck of a game". "Yes Pastor.. Your sermon kept me on the edge of my seat!"

To not do so would make you like Simon on American Idle! Hes always honest!

Dan

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Hmmmmmmmmm...If we lie,we need to repent.How would lying save a life??We do speak words of life or death.