WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,450
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

The clock is ticking on the Obama administration’s plans to implement Obamacare. That was the bottom-line result following a federal judge’s ruling Thursday giving the administration just seven days to file an expedited appeal either to the U.S. Supreme Court or the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/newsmax-com-Headline-obama-judge-vinson-health-2011-03-03-id-388276/

Guest Butero

This is a great ruling, and I would love nothing more than to see Obamacare go before the Supreme Court right away. The bill is clearly unconstitutional, and the court fight needs to come to an end so we can move on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

States don't have the power of nullification, and 3 other federal courts have upheld the bill as constitutional. I really doubt one judge here is going to make a difference.

It's about 300,000,000 Americans who side with that Judge.

They are still finding things in Obamacare that no one who voted for it knew was in there.

Like this: $105,464,000,000 was appropriated in the bill which no one knew about. Therefore, attempts at defunding this monstrosity won't work. Here are some of the details about a way to let Washington know what you think about it.

http://www.bachmannforcongress.com/obamacare/

It's about 300,000,000 Americans who side with that Judge.

They are still finding things in Obamacare that no one who voted for it knew was in there.

Like this: $105,464,000,000 was appropriated in the bill which no one knew about. Therefore, attempts at defunding this monstrosity won't work. Here are some of the details about a way to let Washington know what you think about it.

http://www.bachmannforcongress.com/obamacare/

Your statement is factually incorrect.

America does have a broken healthcare system. It just so happens that other countries with healthcare systems that function better are more socialized than Americas system.

When the issue is whether people are able to afford a random healthcare expense related disaster, or whether they can afford to keep contributing the the economy in a meaningful way (or alternatively, go into bankruptcy, have their home forclosed on, etc) what do you propose that will actually solve the problem?

Guest Butero

States don't have the power of nullification, and 3 other federal courts have upheld the bill as constitutional. I really doubt one judge here is going to make a difference.

When this judge ruled Obamacare unconstitutional, it made it null and void. It can be appealed, but if the Obama administration doesn't do so, nobody has to honor it. As far as I am concerned, not a single state in the union has any reason to follow this law.

When this judge ruled Obamacare unconstitutional, it made it null and void. It can be appealed, but if the Obama administration doesn't do so, nobody has to honor it. As far as I am concerned, not a single state in the union has any reason to follow this law.

States don't have the power of nullification. A federal law cannot be overturned by a state. Federal Law trumps state law. Legally, all the judge really did was state an opinion. It would have to be a decision by the supreme court to be of any effect. His court is a District Court, not a federal court.

In Brown Vs. Board of Education, segregation of schools was stopped, legally. Several states decided to pass their own laws to make segregation legal. The Supreme Court ruled that doing so held no legal weight.

Three other judges ruled that it is in fact, constitutional. I know at least one was at the federal level. Therefore, one District Court Judge, who then issued a stay on his ruling, does not trump the federal Government.

Guest Butero

States don't have the power of nullification. A federal law cannot be overturned by a state. Federal Law trumps state law. Legally, all the judge really did was state an opinion. It would have to be a decision by the supreme court to be of any effect. His court is a District Court, not a federal court.

In Brown Vs. Board of Education, segregation of schools was stopped, legally. Several states decided to pass their own laws to make segregation legal. The Supreme Court ruled that doing so held no legal weight.

Three other judges ruled that it is in fact, constitutional. I know at least one was at the federal level. Therefore, one District Court Judge, who then issued a stay on his ruling, does not trump the federal Government.

If Obama can simply ignore a law he doesn't like, DOMA, then the states can do the same thing. Obama has shown us the way. You don't agree with something, ignore it. I would like to see how Obama plans on enforcing this law if more than half the states refuse to comply? :noidea:

The poll I posted shows support for individual components of the bill. There are lies, darned lies, and statistics, and misusing statistics to make it appear that nobody likes the bill, when in fact, there is majority support for everything excepting the individual mandate, is misleading at least, and deceptive at worst. All the facts, not just cherry picked facts matter.