Hawkins

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I seldom start topics. I am curious to know what your choice will be.

When a friend of yours obvious speaks something untrue, what will you do?

1. Protect him by giving up truth

2. Protect truth by pointing out what's wrong

Now how about Bible truth?

3. Protect him by giving up Bible truth

4. Protect truth by pointing out your friend's fault

5. Lieing to pretent that the truth is not true in order to protect your friend

Now in the above choices, which one should be the best choice. And more importantly, can you always stick with this 'best choice'?

Now in the above choices, which one should be the best choice. And more importantly, can you always stick with this 'best choice'?

Hello,

I had to read your questions a couple times but I think I get what your asking. The majkority of my friends are not Christians, and yes, many statements are made that are untrue. There are times when I just listen and there are times where I will answer according to the Truth that I know in my life. They've known me for a while, even when I was being rebellious to God. So they know I'm not going to point my finger at them when they do talk of their own perceptions of what the truth is. Basically, I play it by ear each and everytime we are together. To me, "playing it by ear," is keeping open to what the Spirit has me do. I really believe that even if the things they share with me are off, I also know that they do appreciate someone who will listen. And sometimes, that means not getting into a debate, but simply to listen to them.

I believe I answered both of your questions. I did the best I could.

God bless,

Randal

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Hello,

I had to read your questions a couple times but I think I get what your asking. The majkority of my friends are not Christians, and yes, many statements are made that are untrue. There are times when I just listen and there are times where I will answer according to the Truth that I know in my life. They've known me for a while, even when I was being rebellious to God. So they know I'm not going to point my finger at them when they do talk of their own perceptions of what the truth is. Basically, I play it by ear each and everytime we are together. To me, "playing it by ear," is keeping open to what the Spirit has me do. I really believe that even if the things they share with me are off, I also know that they do appreciate someone who will listen. And sometimes, that means not getting into a debate, but simply to listen to them.

God bless,

Randal

Hello treetopflyer:

I really like your reply. I need to listen more. My wife tells me that ALL the time.

May the Lord be with us,

charlesj

p.s. I live on the N.E. side of San Antonio near Windcrest. How about you? (cjemeyson@satx.rr.com)

Hello,

God bless,

Randal

What a great answer. Being quiet is probably the hardest thing to do. As you say, it really depends on the situation on whether I respond or not; unless it is a gross untruth or insult to my Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello,

God bless,

Randal

What a great answer. Being quiet is probably the hardest thing to do. As you say, it really depends on the situation on whether I respond or not; unless it is a gross untruth or insult to my Lord.

Walk the walk, talk the talk, and it rubs off.

Often correction comes through your actions, not your words.

Blessings

If you can't tell a friend the truth there is a problem with the friendship imo.

I would hope a friend would tell me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

If you can't tell a friend the truth there is a problem with the friendship imo.

I would hope a friend would tell me.

You smell. :laugh:

I agree, we need to tell the truth at all times. However, I acknowledge that I am a work in progress, it has taken time for God to get me to this point, and it will take time to tune me further. I acknowledge He is doing the same in others.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/05/1959

I let the Spirit guide me. If I don't feel the prompting then I remain quiet. God knows when that person is ready for the truth and He may not want me to be the one to deliver it. Just to be there to listen quietly. I try and let my actions show the truth. If they are really needing to see the truth then and there I believe the Lord will guide me then. Good question Hawkins. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello,

God bless,

Randal

This is a great response. Thank you.

I too gauge the situation before responding. I say a silent prayer while I