• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/20/1958

Apologies if this topic is in another forum. Here in the UK a devout Christian couple who have been succesful foster parents for many years have now been banned from fostering any more children because of their views regarding homosexuality. They take the view that homosexual practice is wrong in Gods eyes and in all conscience could not teach a child in their care that homosexuality is a valid and true life path.

Among other things the authorities said that this couple would be of little or no help to a child undergoing confusion about his or her sexuality. Do you think the authorities are right to take this view or that this is yet another example of it being "wrong" to be a Christian and follow the teachings of the Bible?

For me the jury is out....is this merely to be applied to gender issues, or could it be feasibly applied to other issues such as religion? Are they just forcing their beliefs on young people or having the courage of their convictions and "Walking the walk" and not just talking the talk.

I search my conscience and ask what I would have said to my own son and daughter if they told me they were homosexual, or Pagan, or Buddhist. Teenagers get pretty mixed up, would I alienate them or encourage them ??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I think this couple should stand their ground on their Christian beliefs & that they are under attack for doing it. We are to instruct our children in God's ways. Young people may still make mistakes on their way to the right path, but we are to love them & be a godly example for them. This scripture is one I held onto during times when my kids seemed to be wandering off into bad territory--- Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

It would depend on the authorities whether or not they partake in it. Their job is held to the law whether it be corrupt or not; and YES OF COURSE they should stand firm in doing what is right!! i think a lot of people would!As for the alienation thing....just prove everything they try wrong simply with the knowledge you have of the Word and the failures of countless Heresy. That shouldn't be too hard to find. lol

Edited by xequedox

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

That's too bad.

I wonder how the issue came up? If that be the case then most Christians in the UK could not be foster parents and either could Muslims. Do they ask that question of Muslims in the UK?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So, as a Christian parent I can teach my child to be as the Bible instructs us. But, as a foster parent I have to teach my child as the government directs? Doesn't sound kosher to me. I would say that, as long as they aren't teaching the child to commit crimes, it's none of the government's business. Too much politics in private lives.