elect

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

MysticalSoul you said:  I hold high respect for anyone who holds their beliefs high.

Even if it means they are teaching false doctrine?  Word Faith, JW's, Islam...to name a few

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Yes.  The reason is because I believe that everyones spiritual journey is very personal.  I don't agree with many things that are taught within some belief stuctures but I do respect the person(s) who hold to them.  I know people who are against anyone who doesn't believe the same as they do and degrades them for that reason.  I don't agree with what they believe or how they degrade others.  I do respect the fact that they hold that much faith, though.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Isn't it taught in scripture that those who do not follow the doctrine of Jesus Christ is to be classified as an anti-Christ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

That is correct Revelation. Anti-Christ religions mean anti-eternity. Follow the onr true God or follow the wide road that leads to the lake of fire.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21

I've had some experience with Mormons and Mormonism and have done some reading on the subject.

My personal opinion is that some Mormons MAY BE saved... those who are, in fact, naiive about what the actual teachings of the church are.

The actual teaching of the Mormon church about God is extremely different than orthodox Biblical Christianity.

1. Orthodox Biblical Christianity teaches: God is eternal and created all things. - Mormonism teaches: The universe and all of its components are eternal and God was made from the stuff that is the universe.

2. Orthodox Biblical Christianity teaches: There is only one God... the creator of all things. - Mormonism teaches: the "God" of point "1" is very far removed from us and is essentially one of an ALMOST infinite number of Gods who fathers succeeding Gods.  Our God is "Elohim", the father of "Jehovah" who is one and the same with Jesus.  Elohim had a father, who had a father, who had a father... etc. ad infintum.  Whoever (or whatever) created the first in that chain of Gods is beyond me  :noidea: maybe it was God.  In essence, Mormonism is polytheistic.

3. Orthodox Christianity teaches - In the life to come we will worship God.  Moronism teaches - You too, can become a god.

4. Orthodox Christianity teaches - We are saved by grace through faith in the atoning death and resurrection of Messiah, Jesus.  Good works eminate from us through the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  Mormonism teaches - (as I understand it) the cross is not sufficiant to save us.  We still need to demonstrate good works.

5. Orthodox Christianity teaches - Jesus IS God... one with the Father and Spirit in substance... unique in function.  Mormonism teaches - The Father, Son, and Holy GHOST (not spirit) are three completely separate entities.

6. Christianity - God is personal and without form

Mormonism - God is personal and embodied in human form.

7. Christianity - God is omnipotent

Mormonism - God is limited in power

8.  Christianity - God is omniscient

Mormonism - God is limited in knowledge

9.  Christianity - God is omnipresent

Mormonism - God is localized in space.

10  Christianity - God does not change

Mormonism - God does change.

11. Christianity - God is self-existing.

Mormonism - God needs the universe and His predessors (sp?) in order to exist.

Note: When one worships "God" it is imperitive that it be the "right" GOD.

If you and I were talking and you told me that you had talked with "SUE" the other night, it would be easy for me to assume that you were talking about the same "SUE" that I knew... that is until I discovered that you were talking about Sue Skolnick and not Sue Adams.  The same is true with God.  Mormonism does not worship the God of the Christian Bible.  This holds for Mormonism, Islam, or any cult.  Lest I be politically incorrect, I submit that "their Gods are no God's at all".

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Chazn wrote, "Note: When one worships "God" it is imperitive that it be the "right" GOD."

You said a mouthful there! Welcome to the boards. BTW, that

was a pretty good post :noidea: .

Eph said, "Eph writes...

the only way of salvation is through Jesus Christ..

Mormons don't place their FAITH in him...So the answer is clear..!"

Ephriam strikes again. But you are right :noidea: .

I have a question: Can we expect to get the true scoop on

Mormonism from an LDS site? or the truth about Rome from an

RC site? or the correct understanding from any site that has been set up to cause us to believe that 'we all worship the same God, and we are all going to Heaven, we are all brothers

and sisters(no matter what you believe),etc'.,etc.??

It may be true that we can get some value from reading these sites, but you would have to read between the lines so

often in order to see what they are *really* saying :noidea: .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/26/1948

A great book to read is "Out of Mormonism" by Judy Robertson. It tells how they were drawn into the Mormon religion and how they got out.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21

Elect writes - "I have a question: Can we expect to get the true scoop on Mormonism from an LDS site? or the truth about Rome from an RC site? or the correct understanding from any site that has been set up to cause us to believe that 'we all worship the same God, and we are all going to Heaven, we are all brothers and sisters(no matter what you believe),etc'.,etc.??"

Chazn replies - absolutely not!!! Mormon missionaries will come to your door and throw around jargon that sounds very Christian.  Mr. or Mrs. Christian will say "Wow this is a VERY Christian group".  Only later on in there visits, after you've gotten comfortable with them, will they start throwing tweeked and wierd doctrine at you. They are fundamentally not Christian!!!

Elect writes - "It may be true that we can get some value from reading these sites, but you would have to read between the lines so often in order to see what they are *really* saying."

Chazn replies - Again, you're right on the money!!! I forget exactly who it was.  I think it was John Stewart Mill who said "BEFORE I DISCUSS ANYTHING WITH YOU, DEFINE YOUR TERMS".  No such example of the need for term definitions is any greater than when dialoguing with  a member of the LDS. All too frequently they may be saying something that you might agree with but you don't know that their definitions are different.  eg: You'll agree with the LDS that "Jesus and Jehovah are one and the same".  Question though "What is the Mormon definition of Jehovah?  To the Mormon, he's a lesser God than "Elohim"... the son of "Elohim".  To the Christian, Johovah IS Elohim.

Elect - by the way, thanks for your kind words.  I was scanning through the Worthy board posts and there is an EXCELLENT post on this same subject by rwboyd58 at the apologetics topic entitled "Is Mormonism Christian?"

regards :noidea: