• Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Parents Livid over Airport Pat Down of 6-Year-Old

By John Waage

CBN News Sr. Editor

Thursday, April 14, 2011

An airport security pat down of a 6-year-old girl is raising more questions about the methods used to screen passengers.

The Drexel family was going through security in the New Orleans airport, headed home to Bowling Green, Ky., from a vacation.

"And for some reason, Anna was selected for a pat down," the girl's mother Selena Drexel recalled. "I can only speculate as to why. I didn't get a lot of information."

Mrs. Drexel asked for her daughter to be re-screened through the metal detector, but was refused.

"And not verbally, but in no uncertain terms. Apparently the TSA supervisor is very skilled in non-verbal communication, letting me know there would be trouble if I caused a fuss," she said.

The Drexels recorded video of the pat down and posted the footage on YouTube.

"Afterwards, she broke down crying because she really didn't understand what she had done wrong," Anna's father, Todd Drexel, said. "And so we were really struggling with how (to) explain this."

He added that he and his wife had taught their daughter it was not appropriate for anyone to touch her private areas.

"Now she's been pat down in a public setting, in an airport," he said.

Full report

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Not a violent person, but I think I would have decked the TSA person who laid a hand on my kid like that...