IGNORED

IS TITHING FOR TODAY--WHAT DO YOU THINK

Guest kinnear

Hi Suzanne,

No, you're not invisible!   I read you loud and clear.  What you say is good and I very much appreciate you input.  My concern is that you may be implying that those that hold the view that tithing is not for today, are trying to come up with an excuse to hold on to their money.  That may be true in some cases, but that really does not address the point.

I think what QuaestorRexRegis had to share was very stirring. (Welcome!)  QRR quote: "We must increase our view from 10% to 100%." Plus he referenced Romans 12:1, which I referred to in an earlier posting.  

But your statements on Christian maturity are hard words, which may be best handled in a separate thread.  QRR, would you care to start a new thread maybe entitled "Baby Christians/Mature Christians".  

Jesusson, I understand your concern of QRR's statements, but I think you misunderstood his point.

Kinnear, Very Good points!  You claim that the priesthood has transferred from the Levites to the ministers of Christ.  Are you refer to "ministers of Christ" as a select few Christians,  or the whole Body of Christ?  I believe that the Body of Christ is the Royal Priesthood.   There is more to be said, but I'm kind of stuck in my thoughts right now.  Sorry, I'll try to address more if I can, but feel free to address what I've written so far.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

My concern is that you may be implying that those that hold the view that tithing is not for today, are trying to come up with an excuse to hold on to their money.  That may be true in some cases, but that really does not address the point.

No, I'm afraid that what I'm trying to say is pretty simplistic and in accordance with the Scriptures.  And that is basically, it's a matter of "LOVE".   :inlove:

Which is what we are commanded. :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

Look you guys who think that when giving on to the lord is some kind of financial gain you guys have been deceived. The whole meaning of giving is to give with out excepting it back.other wise it would be called investing think a lot of people here don't know the message behind giving on to the Lord and for his Mighty Kingdom.You know when I was reading some of this posts I felt as though I was watching TBN and listening to some of the prosperity teachers. Well don't get me wrong our Lord blesses us but if we give to get something back we are missing the message behind GIVING  . Well like I said in my prior post I will be praying for some of you here so that God will change your hearts so that when giving not to be into some big expectations that if I give $100 god will give me $1000 back. That is ridiculous really.

If you guys want to follow the written Law which couldn't save anyone go ahead and follow it all I can do is pray for some of you,here are some Bible verses for you guys please read carefully if you have never red it before.thank you for your time

Thanks for the message Suzie you are very right????

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by                              

the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:27 - Where is boasting then? It is

excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the

law of faith.

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is

justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13 - For the promise, that he should be

the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his

seed, through the law, but through the righteousness

of faith.

Romans 7:6 - But now we are delivered from the

law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we

should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the

oldness of the letter.

Romans 9:32 - Wherefore? Because they sought it

not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For

they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

There are plenty of more verses in the Bible that I can proof my point, but I am not trying to do that only GOD CAN DO THAT.The important thing is that we have to interpret the scripture right. If we sit here we can write probably a lot of verses, and we still will not get the right message across. May God do the work and we should just pray.  

:noidea:

Seems to me that everyone is essentially in agreement here, just coming from different perspectives but arriving at the same conclusions.  We give from our hearts as directed by the Lord in accordance to His Word.  It is our motive that counts. As in Mark 12:41-43 in which the poor widow gave the smallest amount yet she had given all she had to live on.  Hers was not determined by the amount, but by the spirit in which it was given.

ooops.....there I go again......just faded out.....invisible.  hello?.....hello?.....hmmm....I guess they can't hear me again?  Oh well, it is LOVE though.       ???

In His LOVE,

Suzanne

Suzanne,

? I am not ignoring your posts, but you are not saying anything different than has been already said from the first response.

Sorry Suzie,

I was mainly responding to jesusson.  I just couldn't figure out where he came to that conclusion, considering most the posts before that were in reference to mine?  And mine was anything but about financial gain, although you cannot speak of what happens when you give in faith, without speaking of God's great return that comes to a cheerful giver.  It just is that way.  But....even if it weren't I would still give greatly to others, because that is LOVE.   :noidea:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

I think he was referring to my post, which he apparently misread or I was unclear. (SHOCK!!)  I referred to God's fulfillment of His promise that if we tithe we will get back more than we need. This is HIS word, not mine! And He is faithful to it.

In that case, it IS rather selfish, because I know and trust that if I give cheerfully and in love as He taught me to do, He WILL give me more blessings than I can handle. And he does!

Blessings refer not only to financial gain...I'm sorry if I inferred that MONEY is what matters. Actually I'm too loose with my money--I don't care about it one way or the other, and there is always somehow 'enough', so I let God handle that. :noidea:

Hi everybody,

Anybody still care about this subject?  Well I do.

I find myself, on this topic, on the opposite end of those I would want to agree with.  

Those that believe that God wants to bless us, if we would but obey Him and give willingly to God what is His.... to that I wholeheartedly agree.  And here I want to fellowship with you all and Praise God for desire for us to be wholly His.  

As to the specific teaching about "the tithe",  though, we don't agree... do we? I would like to share some words that a friend shared with me.  I'll quote directly. I hope it is helpful:

"See Malachi - when it says bring in the whole tithe. Mathematically, the tithe in the O.T. was 10% - in fact that is the exact meaning of the word today. How can the tithe be less or more than 10%. It cannot. Yet, the O.T. said to bring in the whole tithe.

Perhaps, the O.T. was referring to something futuristic - prophetically - of Christ.

Remember in Exodus that the firstborn was set aside to God, and then the firstborn was redeemed by the entrance of Levi? This was Malachis whole point - Levi, and the sons of Aaron, are meant to be the whole tithe.

God is making us today a royal priesthood. I wonder if there is some connection?"

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

Tithing is a O.T Law I am going to repeat it again

If you guys want to keep the law go ahead,But remember when you break one you are guilty of breaking all of them.That means when you keep one of the Laws of the OT.(NOT THE MORAL LAW) You  should keep the other I think its about 900 laws that applied to the Jew's.Good luck guys. If you want to give 10% exactly go ahead and do that.But what if god wants you to give more.And one more thing TJW tithing in the OT was not 10% but if you add up all the tithes it will be around 20% and also a seperate offering to God.So if you are going to keep one of the Laws atleast do some sudy on this topic and do it right.

Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by                              

the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:27 - Where is boasting then? It is

excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the

law of faith.

Romans 3:28 - Therefore we conclude that a man is

justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 4:13 - For the promise, that he should be

the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his

seed, through the law, but through the righteousness

of faith.

Romans 7:6 - But now we are delivered from the

law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we

should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the

oldness of the letter.

Romans 9:32 - Wherefore? Because they sought it

not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For

they stumbled at that stumblingstone;