nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Is it characteristically unchristian of me to reveal my love of the Darwin awards? whistling.gif

I've never criticized natural selection's ability to remove things from the gene pool... or Jimmy from his pool... on top of a Sea-doo.

Natural selection couldn't, however, help him defy gravity and make it over the second story of the house.

Did you know that vinyl siding can peel off of one whole side of the house like a band aid?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Is it characteristically unchristian of me to reveal my love of the Darwin awards? whistling.gif

I've never criticised natural selection's ability to remove things from the gene pool... or a Sea-doo from Jimmy's pool.

Oh that's a score....:24: Ludwig would be impressed!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

And, of course, after all is said and done, God holy & settled Word of Truth remains unfettered & unmoved: God never made two men to procreate. Homosexuality is essentially generational death, positively deleterious.

Three Cheers for Exodus International!

God Bless America!

Romney & Rubio For The USA 2012!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Since you brought it up viole, I'm not sure how you don't recognize that you've entirely defeated your own point here.

If homosexuality were simply a genetic condition, within one single generation it would be selected out.

I don't think I entirely defeated my point. I admit that my knowledge of biology is very flaky, but I seem to remember (must have been 3rd or 4rth grade) the teacher telling us that some biological characteristics are present in the population but become active only on a subset of the population, therefore can be transmitted by members of the population that do not present the phenotipical effect.

But we do not need knowledge of biology really; basic reason is sufficient. If duplication-preventing biological traits would disappear immediately, then we should not observe sterile people either. Unless we believe that sterility is not biologically driven and is, therefore, either a personal choice, a sin or is induced by an external non natural agent :)

Ciao

- viole

There are many non-genetic biological reasons for sterility, and I see no reason why those traits would be passed on if not genetic. On that note you would also expect the population to become more fertile over time, as those with infertility and sub fertility would be represented less and less. But our fertility is declining.

Errors endorsed by the audience? Tut tut rolleyes.gif

Viole - I wonder what you think about this? There is currently a hearing in my state to hear proposals for and against recognising gay civil unions.

One argument being made AGAINST recognising such unions is that in Germany, where same sex civil unions are offered, only half of one percent of gay couples take up this option.

Why fight so hard for something gay people aren't really begging for?

Yes, but I'm not about to budge on my convictions to keep 0.5 of one percent of a minority group happy blink.gif

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, but I'm not about to budge on my convictions to keep 0.5 of one percent of a minority group happy blink.gif

Well said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

'Reprogramming' actually has a large success rate. There are peer reviewed papers showing it also does no harm.

What is "large"? And I doubt it. I look at pedophile recidivism, and I think the rule of thumb is those people cannot be cured.

I think it's dangerous to the point of insulting to wholesale equate homosexuality with pedophilia.

Pedophilia is a violent act of power and hatred against children. Consensual homosexuality simply is not the same ballpark.

What are the number of practicing homosexuals who are going to turn to Christ in any case. Very few. So society can either deal with non-monogamous practicing homosexuals or with some monogamy practicing homosexuals and some non-monogamous practicing homosexuals.. society is going to do better by having more monogamous practicing homosexuals than by the miniscule number of practicing homosexuals who are going to turn to God and become celibates..

I've been suprised how heterosexuals project homosexual myths on them, even maintain those misconceptions even if a homosexual in the room is insisting 'Uh no, that's not right'.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to agree with me here. Some Christians seem to love paining homosexuals as pedophiles, or on par with pedophiles, and embellish the homosexual lifestyle with all kinds of things to paint them blacker than sin. Seems to be one of the only sins this happens for noidea.gif

I speak of that which I am of understanding- LUST is the powered aspect on anything outside of God ordained- being: vowed commitment to one woman and fully able to accept an equality of value outside of them self toward the other (period)

Those with lust follow a controlled aspect toward the psychopathic disorder. This releases all bonds of objective exterior influence

and settles completely upon the inward objective of whatever... Outward influences are only processed for the consumption to the

inward dictate! It is why all sin is controlling and leads to inward and self centered input only... this is death for God is outside of sin!

No one can tell the man who sits, with delight, in the darkened corner, eating the internal organs of another, that what they are doing

is wrong! The slightest deviation from God's design stands as an example that it is ok... thus the subtlety of leading away from the

truth! I am of the opinion that those closes to the truth or correct activity yet not engaging in that correct behavior are the most

repulsive- for they draw many away from the actual path toward obedience in God!

Rom 6:16-18

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

KJV

That is why the advice of Paul

1 Cor 7:28

28 But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you.

NKJV

It simply cannot be fully accomplished in the flesh! That is why we are to walk in the Spirit as He 'IS'. It is also why He will utterly

destroy that which is not redeemed (corporeal), and the eternal hell for that which exists forever opposed to His Son- which 'IS' His Way, His Truth, His Life. Which brings us to the deepest of all understanding:

to come to God to escape torment will not change the heart... to come to God because He has revealed Himself to you as HE 'IS' - pure, undefiled, Holy, Righteous, Perfect > THE ONLY ONE < Whom has these true aspects lasting throughout all eternities!

It is to this One whom we come to be delivered from all that we have been born in and are-> The name given to us 'IS JESUS' The Person is unfathomable but the journey of trying is Life Eternal In Him...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Of course you have the right to express your convictions freely and that is what democracy is for. Like Voltaire said, I don't agree with you, but I would give my life fighting for your right to express your views. But you might consider whether you are not creating unnecessary suffering for people who, in other civilized countries, have more rights.

Ciao

- viole

IMO, the rights of many will be harmed by denying the same rights to the few.

There is nothing that destroys ideals more than hypocrisy.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Edited by UndecidedFrog

My ideal is not 'equality'. My ideal is people living their lives in a manner pleasing to the Lord. If that means passing laws (or not) and it gets a few people's noses out of joint, so be it.