Guest LadyC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

i sometimes get tired of the way some discussions go around here... sometimes it seems like there is so much bickering and name calling and bashing going on, especially in political discussions.

so i went visiting other sites. i even joined one... i won't name it, but it's busier than this one by far, and is hailed as being the most active christian forum on the internet.

i'm having such a hard time finding the christians there! i'm also having a terribly difficult time finding sound doctrine there! it makes me appreciate the job that the mods do here all the more. and makes me appreciate the members here more, too.

it just blows my mind how hateful, spiteful, disrespectful and mean christians can be to one another.

I am a regular poster at a few sites and Worthy by far is the best especially with the many differing view points of some of the membership. People clash, fight and abuse one another over silly things, some people have hot button issues that they just won't leave alone, some like to fight and argue makes them feel ok about themselves and some just want others to know they are just not right about anything. Thats what I see on many of the other boards and sometimes even here. I know how mean some can be to a mod, these guys here do a bang up job I think! If I have learned one thing is that if theres no geniune interests in learning about, from or have any real interests in a thread people should refrain from pushing opinions and ideals, that usually ends up as a shouting match, hurt feelings and sometimes even worse. And thats usually what has gone on in some of those threads you witnessed. I learned that very early when I entered a thread at another forum the people had a long standing feud, talk about scary! lol I also find that people will come to forums and ask questions or debate because they will not take their questions to their pastor or fellowship, some do not feel free to do those things either. What did people do before forum boards, take their questions to thier pastors, congregations or families?