Guest LadyC

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm in :thumbsup: and I've joined the FB group. Looking forward to it LC and thanks for taking the initiative :emot-highfive:.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

hey, i have an idea though, climbing... even if you don't join facebook, you could sign up for a youversion.com account and set up your reading plan for the same dates, and you and i (and anyone else that wants) could be 'accountabilitiy patners'. it's a feature of youversion that you can opt in to, and it will forward your daily progress report to your partners. you can also keep notes and do soap formats there, and some people even have 'followers' who like to read your daily notes. much like what we'll be doing on fb...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

(When I click the link it takes me to a page that asks me do do some strange ceremony. Logging I think they called it. I'm not even sure why you'd want to be felling trees in cyberspace?? Wait -maybe this is like that sign 'in' thing. I didn't used to know any sign language before, but now all the sites these days want you to sign 'in' before they'll let you in. :whistling: )

Anyway, I looked at the youversion site. They have a 'connect with Facebook' option. Does that mean that if a study group was set up in youversion, someone with a Fb account could set it to automatically copy the posts from the Facebook group?

(When I click the link it takes me to a page that asks me do do some strange ceremony. Logging I think they called it. I'm not even sure why you'd want to be felling trees in cyberspace?? Wait -maybe this is like that sign 'in' thing. I didn't used to know any sign language before, but now all the sites these days want you to sign 'in' before they'll let you in. :whistling: )

Dude :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1957

ok, candice suggested i post the details here.... and i decided to make it happen on fb, where we can invite non-worthy people to join in too!

here's the deal. i've set up a group on facebook for those who wish to participate either as active participants or as prayer support partners... because this endeavor will take a lot of prayer support. i know, i've done it. and i if anyone was praying me up last year when i did this, they certainly kept it a secret from me. i did it, but it was really hard.

the challenge is to study through the bible in 90 days. the catch is, this year instead of just going straight through from genesis to revelation, i'm doing it chronologically. and I'd really like to have others do it with me! the actual reading part isn't going to start until july 21, but the prayer support would be welcome even now!

my hope is that several people will not only commit to reading according to the schedule, but that every day on the group's page, participants will post their progress in SOAP format. if you're not familiar with SOAP, here's a brief explanation:

S = a scripture or passage that really stood out to you that day

O = your observation about the scripture's context

A = how you can apply this passage to your life

P= a simple prayer to wrap things up.

i think it would be incredibly edifying to be able to read what others got out of reading the same chapters. and it would be very nice if on the daily notes, the prayer supporters who aren't actively participating in the 90-day schedule would check in and let everyone know that they're still praying for us.

i can't stress how important the prayer support is! this is such a huge commitment. reading through in 90 days is really only about the equivalent of 12 pages per day, which is roughly an hour of time, but how many of us actually spend that much time each day in bible study? it's harder than one would think! especially when life gets in the way, and i've got a LOT of life that will be getting in my way during this year's endeavor... i've got to fly to florida for two weeks to help my daughter when she has her baby, and finding quiet time and the motivation to study scripture while i'm there is going to be tough.

so, who is with me? i'm currently setting up the reading schedule. i'm using youversion.com to create the schedule so that it stays chronological. if you want to give it some thought, i've added the link to the facebook group page in my signature. oh, and please feel free to invite others, whether from here or on facebook or wherever. i don't expect to have a HUGE number of participants, but my goal is to have at least 10 active studiers and as many prayer supporters.

WOW I don't If I can do that I want to though I'm going to pray and see if this is how God wants me to study his word for the next 90 days. But it sounds cool

Guest LadyC

Anyway, I looked at the youversion site. They have a 'connect with Facebook' option. Does that mean that if a study group was set up in youversion, someone with a Fb account could set it to automatically copy the posts from the Facebook group?

LOL, you're so funny!

but i think the connect with facebook thing is just a way of signing in. a lot of sites these days will let you 'sign in with facebook' rather than making you fill out the whole registration form. i'll check it out though, just in case!

OK I have a youversion account but I have no idea how to change the start and finish date???

Guest Butero

You would have to read approximately 12 chapters a day to go through the entire Bible in 90 days. I have never done that. I have read straight through in 6 months a few times. That is quite a challenge, especially when you take the time to comment about something you have read. God's speed to those who commit to doing this. I may attempt it, but with my job, I am not sure it is possible.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Well since I have no Job....

Guest LadyC

well come on then, join the group isaiah!! (or did you already?) i know you're on fb!

candice, it took me a bit to figure out how to change the dates, too....

under the "my" menu, select "reading plans".

click on "plan overview". (if you're doing more than one plan, make sure you do plan overview on the chronological plan!)

now, in the big area right underneath the overview description, it should say "settings" and under that there should be a link to edit dates. in the first box, put july 21, 2011. in the second box put oct. 18, 2011, and make sure that it doesn't try to default the ending date to 2012 like it did on me!!