• Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

TY it's fixed now :emot-hug:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

i'm bumping this up in hopes that more people might see it and join the group! it's going to be an awesome journey through the bible! you don't necessarily have to commit to reading thru it in 90 days to join the group... here's the different things that members can do...

1) commit just to being a prayer partner, making it a priority to pray for the participants every day. we NEED prayer partner members! it's an enormous commitment to read that much, and it's so easy to get distracted and give up. so please, join even if you only intend to commit to daily prayer for us!

2) commit to reading through in 90 days AND to post frequent notes on what you've gained from your reading. this keeps a little journal of your studies and allows for discussion!

3) commit to reading through but NOT posting notes....

4) maybe you just want to join so that you can read the notes/devotionals that others post about their reading. this in itself will be edifying and uplifting!

and even if you don't really want to participate at all, i would be tickled pink if you'd share the link on your wall on facebook, just in case any of your friends or family might want to join!

the link is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_203436229699359&ap=1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318

OK, is anyone else doing this with a paper bible, in particular the NKJV Chronological Study Bible? I love mine, just wondering if anyone else will be doing the exact order as me on the same days? Works out at 16 pages a day for me in this bible, but it's got a lot of summary notes and archeological notes (side note.... it's a great bible if anyone is looking for a Chrono bible :thumbsup:).

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Just got the youversion set up and will desperately need accountability. Anyone else who is doing that can find me. I'm fr33dom4. Really, really wish I had a smart phone for this (among other things). Wondering if it would be worth my getting a whole new account just to get a better phone :noidea:

Guest LadyC

candice, i have that bible, isn't it great? but i wasn't up to doing it with the study notes in 90 days. i think i'll do it with that bible nice and slowly after the 90 day challenge! funny thing, i wanted that bible so badly, and i posted on fb one day with a link to it on amazon and said that's what i wanted for my birthday. and lo and behold, someone from here at worthy saw my fb post and sent me her gently used copy!

i did start going through it, but ended up sidetracked and never getting back. but i LOVE the study notes and timelines and maps and historical tidbits that are in it!

Guest LadyC

4given, there was someone in this thread who wanted to do it but doesn't have fb.... so besides having the group for accountability on fb, i'm betting that still_climbing would be very happy to have you as an accountability partner on the youversion site!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Hmmm...I signed up and got some of the kinks worked out but the rest is a task for another day.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Has anyone already made a youversion group?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318

I did a trial of this yesterday and it took me an hour to do one day's readings, including the SOAP. Not too bad I guess. The struggle I will have is that when I read I have so many questions that pop up that I want to investigate, and I simply won't have time to seek answers for them all. I think I need to start a "list of questions to get back to later" document.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

OK, is anyone else doing this with a paper bible, in particular the NKJV Chronological Study Bible? I love mine, just wondering if anyone else will be doing the exact order as me on the same days? Works out at 16 pages a day for me in this bible, but it's got a lot of summary notes and archeological notes (side note.... it's a great bible if anyone is looking for a Chrono bible :thumbsup:).

whats paper?