• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,785
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

by George Whitten, Editor of Worthy Daily Devotion.

Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

We are big Casting Crowns fans around here; And they have a song called “Stained Glass Masquerade”. Ever heard it? The lyrics are so good… here are a few lines.

So I tuck it all away, like everything’s okay

If I make them all believe it, maybe I’ll believe it too

So with a painted grin, I play the part again

So everyone will see me the way that I see them

Are we happy plastic people

Under shiny plastic steeples

With walls around our weakness

And smiles to hide our pain

But if the invitation’s open

To every heart that has been broken

Maybe then we close the curtain

On our stained glass masquerade

This song talks about the struggles many of us face deep down but can never show it in the church. How sad is it that we can’t be real with one another among brothers and sisters in the Lord!? Church should be the one place that we CAN show what’s inside!

As many of you know, one of our ministries in Israel is hospitality — having a “church” of sorts in our home. People flock here from all over and our family rarely gets time alone. So among other things, when we have a disagreement, we have succumb to vocalize it for all to hear. Yeah, I know that might make people feel uncomfortable at times but since our house is always full, it’s almost inevitable — we’re forced to keep it real!

God wants to tear down the barriers between our home life and our church life! He wants us to be transparent with one another. He wants us to love one another as He has loved us and receive one another as He receives us when we fail. This is how we grow individually and as a body. It might be a little uncomfortable, but it’s so necessary!

Let’s get real and keep it real, brothers and sisters! There’s so much work to be done!

Read more Christian Devotions on: Character, Fellowship, Maturity, Transparency

If you have any thoughts or comments, click here!