• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

You're using the word "submit" so it's throwing me off a little [hence the reason why you don't get "yes" / "no" responses I'll bet]. If I find out something is true, then I accept it. What would be the point to denying what you know is true?

That is easy enough to answer.

If the truth destroys everything you are and have worked for, and everything you want to do in your life, it often that people will keep it hidden or to fight against it. For instance a Mafia boss knows the truth that what they are doing is wrong, however they will hid that truth, put up a front and make it look like they are doing legitimate business. You see accepting the truth and stopping what they are doing, would destroy there whole identity and life as they know it, so they choose to ignore the truth. For your own selfish motives.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

Does it matter what truth? Are you implying that there are certain truths that you won't accept and submit to despite them being true? If not, then why does it matter?

You're using the word "submit" so it's throwing me off a little [hence the reason why you don't get "yes" / "no" responses I'll bet].

Oh, I do get yes / no answers sometimes, but when a person attacks the question or avoids it, it's usually quite telling. It's usually those people

that also exhibit a tendency to actively look for reasons to deny Christianity. Hence, my mentioning the question with regards to antitheism.

Now, with any probing question there are exceptions and I'm sure you're one of them ;)

First you took issue with the "truth" part, now you're taking issue with the "submit" part. What about the "submit" part is troublesome to you?

The things we know determine our actions, do they not?

If it's true that there is a God, that knowledge will certainly change your life. Are you willing to change your life accordingly (submit to the truth)?

What would be the point to denying what you know is true?

People deny the truth all the time for various reasons, mostly because submitting to the truth will have consequences that they find undesireable.

Also this question is one I have been wondering for awhile. Why is it, if your an atheist who as many have put it does not belive in a god like one does not belive in "the magical pink pony" then why do you try to prove that a god does not exist? Why do you speak about god not existing so much. If something does not exist there are not usually a lot of people trying to disprove it. I do not believe in Santa Claus (as he is portrayed not the historical saint Nichols ) and yet I don't go around trying to disprove him. If you simply do not believe in something, why do you feel that you must disprove it?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You're using the word "submit" so it's throwing me off a little [hence the reason why you don't get "yes" / "no" responses I'll bet]. If I find out something is true, then I accept it. What would be the point to denying what you know is true?

Parent to child with crumbs and chocolate smears on his face:

"Did you eat a chocolate chip cookies?"

Child, "No."

There you go! Case closed. :26:

I don't try to disprove God, there's nothing to disprove.

Then why are you here debating about the existence of god? If there was nothing to disprove, why go to a christian website and purposely try to debate the validity off a belief in God?

It is my personal opinion that belief in the supernatural can have terrible consequences, the potential for problems is directly proportional to how deeply a society/culture embraces a supernatural worldview.

You might want to consider what it's like to be a non-believer in a Country that heavily embraces a revealed religion [exclusivist in nature]. People will post billboards and signs everywhere proclaiming this that or the other about God, but the second an atheist pays to have a billboard or sign stating "You can be good without God" the world comes to an end. Our culture is geared towards automatically giving religious belief preference and special treatment. Speaking of the world coming to an end, what group of folks was it that gave all their money to an old man who proclaimed that the earth was coming to an end? Were these people healthy skeptics? No. Real tangible damage was done to these peoples lives. There are children that have perished because the parents believed that God would heal their child if they just prayed hard enough. I know these people may be in the minority, but it's the principle issue that worries me.

And yet consider North Korea. Christians are killed and tortured for being Christians, done in the name of atheism. You see, your trying to divert the issue. The real issue is not religion, it is peoples own pride. You see evil people will use what ever they can to justify there own personal gain. Stating that just having religion, is a cause or even a potential cause for people to be evil does not make any sense. I have met many very nice atheists. Really good people. However I know many evil atheists, Joseph Stalin comes to mind. You see there are many criminal evil atheists. Does that mean that being an atheists makes you a criminal?

Again. your argument is hollow, You are obviously arguing against the existence of god as you came to our forum, knowing full well it was a christian forum, and started debating with us about the existence of God. You have tried to state that being religious equals automatically a dangerous slope to fanaticism.

So again. why are you here trying to convince us that there is no god. Or the other side of this question, why are you here asking us to convince you there is a god?

By the way, Christians in general, want people to become Christians, not because they do not like non Christians, but because they want to save there souls which we believe exists.

Are you assuming that if there is a God, it's YOUR God? I need specifics here or I can't answer the question properly.

Again, why? Are you saying that some truths you won't submit to, even if they're true?

If I find out that there is a God/Creator etc then yes I'd have to admit that it's true. Does this mean that I'd necessarily submit to this God and worship it, NO.

I didn't say anything about worship, so why are you adding that?

In order to put you in the same situation as me, would you necessarily worship Allah if you find out that he's the one true God?

If you were to ask me my actual question, I'd say "yes". Whether or not I'd worship the god, depends on whether the god is worthy of worship.

If I found undeniable evidence that God exists then I'd happily admit that it's true he exists.

May I ask why you left out the "submit" bit which, as I said, is really the key issue?

Parent to child with crumbs and chocolate smears on his face:

"Did you eat a chocolate chip cookies?"

Child, "No."

There you go! Case closed. :26:

I'm not sure how your post relates to mine.

You asked, "What would be the point to denying what you know is true?"

I provided a classic example of when human beings deny what is true - to cover their rear-ends.

And this does relate to the discussion. We humans don't like restraints, we don't like to be held accountable, we don't like being told, "No," to our desires, we don't like to submit to someone else's rules and standards, we don't like to be out of control.

It's a lot easier to create your own morality, to believe you are a good person, and to live as you please when you don't even accept the possibility that their is a Supreme Being/ Creator you have to be held accountable to.

Also this question is one I have been wondering for awhile. Why is it, if your an atheist who as many have put it does not belive in a god like one does not belive in "the magical pink pony" then why do you try to prove that a god does not exist? Why do you speak about god not existing so much. If something does not exist there are not usually a lot of people trying to disprove it. I do not believe in Santa Claus (as he is portrayed not the historical saint Nichols ) and yet I don't go around trying to disprove him. If you simply do not believe in something, why do you feel that you must disprove it?

This indeed is a very good question.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

I answered my own question, did a search on Google for "submit to truth" and it is very much "faith speak".

Hello Stargaze,

It is often said, that if you seek, you will find. :)

From experience on these christians forums, I would caution you to interpret their words very carefully, as you have already done.

They equate truth with their god.

Hence, submission to truth means something different entirely.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

I answered my own question, did a search on Google for "submit to truth" and it is very much "faith speak".

No, submit means "yield" or "obey" or "abiding by."

Have you not heard of "submitting to the rules"?