O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Wow no pressure on friendships!!! It is hard to divide the acting from the being but in this regard... I do not believe it to be an insult-

For I have read OES and have many times admired his strength in logic and knowledge of God's Word! He was, with all of what He is, to reason with you the identities in which He believes would establish faith within you and by believing turn you from death toward life! Your apparent dodge of this only substantiated his belief! His frustration is you cannot see you are manipulated by forces you have grew up in and those forces are in direct influences of lies and distortions of reality and truth. We fight more with the spiritual darkness that holds you than with you UF! You have with me many times joked off important issues cause it leads you to a place where you must concede there is more to The God subject than just fantasy! You don't seem to understand the people we are UF! We believe and live that belief. For to us it is life as it should be lived and within a Spiritual presence of Being that can answer our private requests... so much so that we are furthered into our faith and we are made certain of the reality of eternal torments that are coming! The more we give of ourselves to you the more we become concerned for that which you joke away! I certainly will have no pleasure in your finding out after death when choice through faith is gone! I can tell you none of us want to belittle you, degrade you or any other harmful thing. What you experience from us is extreme concern for your wellbeing! Love, Your Friend, Steven

Steven,

Thank you for your answer. I shall now know how to categorize your responses in the future.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Actually OES said that you were acting like an idiot, not one. Second of all. He was pointing out the completely illogical response you put forth. You have made better arguments that that, and this one was grasping at straws.

Hi Isaiah,

Thanks for the clarification.

So, if I were to claim that you are acting like an idiot, you won't consider that an insult? :laugh:

I am thinking I am beginning to understand what apologetic mental gymnastics is all about.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

No I would not, not if it was in the context of me making a poor argument when I had made other sound ones.

Actually OES said that you were acting like an idiot, not one. Second of all. He was pointing out the completely illogical response you put forth. You have made better arguments that that, and this one was grasping at straws.

Hi Isaiah,

So, if I were to claim that you are acting like an idiot, you won't consider that an insult? :laugh:

I am thinking I am beginning to understand what apologetic mental gymnastics is all about.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

No I would not, not if it was in the context of me making a poor argument when I had made other sound ones.

Oh and I read wrong he said you were "Pretending to be and Idiot"

In other words, he felt that that response was not normal for you and you were putting on an act.

Guest shiloh357

Hi Isaiah,

Just because it is an insult doesn't mean it isn't true. If I am acting like an idiot, and someone tells me that I am acting like an idiot, while it would be insulting, it is still the truth.

Hi Isaiah,

Just because it is an insult doesn't mean it isn't true. If I am acting like an idiot, and someone tells me that I am acting like an idiot, while it would be insulting, it is still the truth.

shiloh,

Thank you for agreeing that it is indeed an insult.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Do you consider this an insult?: You are acting like an idiot.

I shall learn much from your answer.

:thumbsup:

The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. Psalms 34:15

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

That's very interesting.

To clarify, is it okay for me to tell someone he's acting like an idiot as long as I genuinely believe that is the case, since I'm telling the truth, or is it only safe when I'm telling that to a non-Christian and I know that there will be a moderator willing to look the other way?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, through all this -

Have any atheists actually made a convincing argument that atheism is not antitheism?

That's very interesting.

To clarify, is it okay for me to tell someone he's acting like an idiot as long as I genuinely believe that is the case, since I'm telling the truth, or is it only safe when I'm telling that to a non-Christian and I know that there will be a moderator willing to look the other way?

Hmm. again you are trying to pit people against each other, really bad form.

U.F. Has a long history here. His argument was so weak, so much weaker then what we know him of being capable of, (again did you read the whole thread)? That the comment was about his remark and how out of character it was for his over all arguments. Now since UF did take offence at it, and apparently so have you, then I will add this.

Lets be careful about not making threads personal or they will get shut down.

Well, through all this -

Have any atheists actually made a convincing argument that atheism is not antitheism?

It entirely depends on what you take as acceptable definitions of each word.

For me, atheism is the lack of belief in any god/s.

For me, antitheism is the opposition to beliefs in any god/s.

From my perspective, they are different.

However, from past conversations with christians, I understand that some of them equate the two, similar to the thinking that if you are not for us, you are against us, a 0/1 paradigm.

Yet the bible claims:

Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

My purpose is not to convince you. You will believe whatever you "choose" to believe. I am just providing my perspective, for those who might be interested.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog