O'Dannyboy

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Just because it is an insult doesn't mean it isn't true. If I am acting like an idiot, and someone tells me that I am acting like an idiot, while it would be insulting, it is still the truth.

That's very interesting.

To clarify, is it okay for me to tell someone he's acting like an idiot as long as I genuinely believe that is the case, since I'm telling the truth, or is it only safe when I'm telling that to a non-Christian and I know that there will be a moderator willing to look the other way?

Dear Exaeus,

Yes, it is an interesting phenomena, that is oft repeated on these forums.

For some evidence of this, you may want to take a peek into the pinned notice "To the Believers" in the Outer Court.

Apparently, only some people understand that the claim of "acting like an idiot" is an insult. We do not know the intent of the person who made the claim. Only he can say whether it was meant as an insult (and therefore against the TOS) or not.

Some moderators are more impartial than others. In any case, I find christian behavior much more interesting when compared to their professed beliefs.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

It entirely depends on what you take as acceptable definitions of each word.

For me, atheism is the lack of belief in any god/s.

For me, antitheism is the opposition to beliefs in any god/s.

From my perspective, they are different.

However, from past conversations with christians, I understand that some of them equate the two, similar to the thinking that if you are not for us, you are against us, a 0/1 paradigm.

Yet the bible claims:

Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

My purpose is not to convince you. You will believe whatever you "choose" to believe. I am just providing my perspective, for those who might be interested.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

And what of the two do you fall under?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

It entirely depends on what you take as acceptable definitions of each word.

For me, atheism is the lack of belief in any god/s.

For me, antitheism is the opposition to beliefs in any god/s.

From my perspective, they are different.

However, from past conversations with christians, I understand that some of them equate the two, similar to the thinking that if you are not for us, you are against us, a 0/1 paradigm.

Yet the bible claims:

Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

My purpose is not to convince you. You will believe whatever you "choose" to believe. I am just providing my perspective, for those who might be interested.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

And what of the two do you fall under?

Dear Isaiah,

It does not matter which I am, for whichever I am, it does not affect the definitions of the words.

However, since you are so interested in my status, I consider myself an atheist. :)

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

I know, right?

Can someone please explain to me what pretending to be an idiot is supposed accomplish?

What's the rational here?

Some christian reminded me of a little piece of wisdom in another thread, whose corollary also applies:

Rule #1: Do not personally attack the christian.

Rule #2: Claim victory and walk away when the christian insults you.

Thank you for providing me with another fine example of your special christian attitude towards me, OES.

I always appreciate such fine examples of christian attitude wherever and whenever I encounter it.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Please.

First of all, didn't you see that I was asking a question? You were the one who insisted that it's not possible to make an assertion in the form of a question, so how can you now suggest that I was asserting anything about you in my question? If you don't like the rules, stop making them up and insisting on them.

But in any case nothing in the Bible says that if someone is pretending to be an idiot to make some sort of point, not to point that out.

It's not an insult because I don't believe that you're that stupid, so you're pretending to be an idiot for some reason which escapes me, because whatever point you're trying to make it you're negating by pretending to be an idiot.

You could keep pushing the point and try really hard to convince me that you are an idiot, but I don't see what that would accomplish either.

When I was an unbeliever I sure would not have had time or effort to visit Christian forums to argue definitions all the live long day. If you really believed that all you have is this life (like I did) you'd spend it with the pleasures of life for a season... but here you are prentending you don't understand the simplest of concepts so that you can keep arguing with Christians and pretend that their responses give you ammunition against Christianity, or whatever banal agenda you're promoting.

I don't get it. What you've got going on here, it makes no sense. I can usually relate to people, but this pretense you have going on would be mystifying if it weren't so inescapably pointless.

You can waste your own time, but for now you'll not waste any more of mine.