bigape

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

To begin with, antibiotics are administered when someone has an infection and antibiotics come in several different strengths and verities.

Therefore if the person is given the wrong strength or the wrong kind of antibiotic, it is ineffective and the persons infection gets worse.

--------------------------------------------------

Well today, most of the population of the world, has a “Spiritual infection” called “willful sin” and they need a spiritual antibiotic.

This is where preaching comes in.

But not all preaching, is the same.

(1) Strong, solid(Biblical) preaching, hits this infection between the eyes and will soon knock it out.

(2) But, weak, shallow(praise type) preaching, does little to help this problem.

--------------------------------------------------

Also, small doses of any kind of preaching, won’t get rid of this infection, but will make it stronger.

Just as small doses of actual antibiotics, will cause an infection to become immune to that antibiotic; So also does weak preaching, cause people to become “Gospel hard”.

Most of today’s preaching, simply causes people to become intrenched in their sin.

Just as the Word of God warned us it would........

2 Timothy 4:2-4

V.2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

V.3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

V.4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly I'd rather just talk with someone about God than be preached at. Likewise I don't think I'd much like preaching to someone, I'd prefer to just speak with them about God.