• 6 yom (yom = long period of time)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

I don't remember if I said this before in this thread...

It is amazing how scientists desperate to believe there is no God, no Creator, will leap to conclusions only mad men would consider valid. Cold dark matter which is undetectable by scientific means for example. They cannot mathematically account for the universe being the size and consistency it is without an enormous amount of additional matter which is simply not there. So they create a fairy tale to account for this missing matter. The same way Darwin did about trans-speciation.

In some videos (you'll have to wade through them a bit) they suggest the universe is much larger than the "observable universe." And that it got to be the size it did one billionth of a second after the big bang. Now this is a puzzler. These same scientists who gave Setterfield and Norman such intense grief for suggesting the speed of light is slowing down (called the decay of c. and is documented by several centuries of scientific observation of the rates of the velocity of light decreasing beyond the margin of error of the experiments conducted)... these same scientists suppose the universe ballooned into existence in the first fraction of a second after the big bang to a size greater than the observable universe is than a single atom (their words). Talk about the speed of light being no kind of speed barrier whatsoever! That would mean the universe expanded to many trillions upon trillions of times faster than the speed of light in one split second.

This kills all the arguments about the age of the universe based on the speed of light. "It took the light of a galaxy billions and billions of years top reach the earth..." they claim. If you have an infinitely faster mode of velocity extant once before, whose to say it did not exist again? These same preachers of the religion of atheism preach of multiverses existing to supersede their mathematical dead ends in evolution. Suppose the force of the big bang bounced off another of those universes they claim exist? Or perhaps it bounded off of the nothingness beyond this one universe and bounced back through the universe carrying along with it the light waves of these distant galaxies... in an instant.

A universe that is 6 or 7 thousand years old.

These "open-minded" scientists aren't open to the possibilities at all. And those who were and who came to faith in God and in Christ were bullied without mercy by the religious zealots of atheism in their ranks. And this is why if I had any children I would have never sent them to public schools until they were prepared to deal with that amount of brainwashed people hell bent on recruiting and programming little atheists through the school system and apparently the media as well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Well, to you, I am about to call God a liar.

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version):

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God works with science, for he made that, good, evil, and everything else! By the way, I am not technically a child. I am 15. ;)

Five different threads this has come up in now? This has been explained to you four times. I think you should be honest about the fact it has been explained and that God is not the author of evil.

Thoses were made before l learned what it afghani meant. Forget it is there. ;(

OK :)

How long did it take?

6 yom

the poll didn't allow for the most likely possibility though I checked the last one you gave.

The most likely possiblity is that a "yom" is an "age or epoch" of time in some cases, and it's a revolution of planet earth in others. So the preferable choice for me would have been 6 yom of variable (and undefined) length. Creating the universe happened before the earth and defining that "yom" (age or epoch) for man isn't necessary.

but evolution? No way. That's just whack.

6 days. The chapter is symbolic for the Jewish week. I learned this from d9. The week is seven days, with Sunday, the seventh, as the day of rest.

Kinda.

That is one of the many messages you can get from Gen 1. There are others there too if you look for it.

PS - Sabbath (rest) is Saturday... sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

6 days. The chapter is symbolic for the Jewish week.

Actually that is backwards. The jewish week is set by Creation, not the other way around.

The details of creation were either passed to Moses by descendants of Noah (the flood wiped everyone else out) or was received by special revelation from the Lord.

But Yod is right, Genesis formed the basis for the work/rest cycle, not the law.

I thought exodus was the firs introduction of sabbath And the 7 day workweek . Do you have evidence aagainst it?

are you talking about when it was instituted as law?

Just because that happened (long) after the Creation account, doesn't mean that it wasn't done to mirror Creation. Why do you assume that the Creation account was symbolic OR done to mirror the jewish work-week? Where did you get that?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe God created everything, and i believe the earth has just 6 000 years, the world is very beautiful and that says me someone intelligent created it

Hello All:wi

Another interesting topic coming right up.... Creation.... how long did it take?

According to Richard Deem:

"The age of the earth and the universe is no longer disputed among most scientists. Science tells us the earth is ~4.5 x 109 years old. The universe is ~14 x 109 years old. There have been several Christian scientists who have attempted to propose theories and find "scientific" evidence that the earth is only 6,000 years old. All "evidence" for a recent creation of the earth is flawed in some way"

I would agree with Deem that most evidence regarding a 6000 year old earth is flawed in one way or another. Stellar evolution clearly shows that the universe must be older then many YEC like to believe.

Yom is the Hebrew word commonly translated as day. However, it can mean three different things (12 hours, 24 hours or an incredibly long period of time). Which do you believe is the correct use? Why?

I will bring up my evidence later to support the last definition but right now I need to eat lunch. Hopefully I'll have some interesting replies when I get back...