Believer112

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

19 For it was through letting the Torah speak for itself that I died to its traditional legalistic misinterpretation, so that I might live in direct relationship with God. 20 When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too; so that my proud ego no longer lives. But the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in my body I live by the same trusting faithfulness that the Son of God had, who loved me and gave himself up for me. 21 I do not reject God's gracious gift; for if the way in which one attains righteousness is through legalism, then the Messiah's death was pointless.

Sometimes just going to another translation can clear up some problems. When we accept Him He imparts His Spirit into us so we can fight the good fight so we can with His help walk in His ways. Its the faith in Him not of Him that saves.

shalom,

Mizz

Mizzdy, I have to be legal with this particular passage because if we have the faith of Jesus in us it makes this all the more clearer:

John 14

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

My human faith probably would have had me acting like the disciples when Jesus was arrested. When receiving God's Spirit (supernatural faith is included) they were completely different men.

Its the faith in Him not of Him that saves.

Yes this is true but once we are saved there is more....[/size]

We cannot have faith unless we know, believe, something is true, first we come to the acknowledgment He is, we know 'of' Him and all He has done, faith is then imputed to us as a gift to help us grow in that faith. I can have faith 'of' something yet nothing can come of that dead faith it has no life I must be able to act upon it in order for it to be real faith and Messiah says that if we have Him within, the indwelling of the Spirit we can do the works He did and greater. Just having faith 'of' Him does not give us that power to move mountains, does it?

Once saved, has nothing to do with this I don't think, faith is on going, as we grow our faith increases and we are able to work/serve towards the goal of the coming kingdom. We grow in the confidence to do the greater works as our faith increases in Him. There are a few scriptures that do declare that because of ones faith He is in you. 2 Cor. 6:16, 2 Cor. 13:5, Eph. 3:17, to name a view. If I might ask why is this verse important in a legal view? Or perhaps I misunderstand what your saying.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

19 For it was through letting the Torah speak for itself that I died to its traditional legalistic misinterpretation, so that I might live in direct relationship with God. 20 When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too; so that my proud ego no longer lives. But the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in my body I live by the same trusting faithfulness that the Son of God had, who loved me and gave himself up for me. 21 I do not reject God's gracious gift; for if the way in which one attains righteousness is through legalism, then the Messiah's death was pointless.

Sometimes just going to another translation can clear up some problems. When we accept Him He imparts His Spirit into us so we can fight the good fight so we can with His help walk in His ways. Its the faith in Him not of Him that saves.

shalom,

Mizz

Mizzdy, I have to be legal with this particular passage because if we have the faith of Jesus in us it makes this all the more clearer:

John 14

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

My human faith probably would have had me acting like the disciples when Jesus was arrested. When receiving God's Spirit (supernatural faith is included) they were completely different men.

We cannot have faith unless we know, believe, something is true, first we come to the acknowledgment He is, we know 'of' Him and all He has done, faith is then imputed to us as a gift to help us grow in that faith. I can have faith 'of' something yet nothing can come of that dead faith it has no life I must be able to act upon it in order for it to be real faith and Messiah says that if we have Him within, the indwelling of the Spirit we can do the works He did and greater. Just having faith 'of' Him does not give us that power to move mountains, does it?

Once saved, has nothing to do with this I don't think, faith is on going, as we grow our faith increases and we are able to work/serve towards the goal of the coming kingdom. We grow in the confidence to do the greater works as our faith increases in Him. There are a few scriptures that do declare that because of ones faith He is in you. 2 Cor. 6:16, 2 Cor. 13:5, Eph. 3:17, to name a view. If I might ask why is this verse important in a legal view? Or perhaps I misunderstand what your saying.

shalom,

Mizz

Please bear with me I’m not a very good writer (ADHD some physicians would say) But praise God I have the mind of Christ!

The reason I’m writing this is because Onelite posted a topic about the gifts from the Holy Spirit and I personally believe the gift of faith is the most important gift. With that gift you could move mountains. This is what led me to the study on faith.

We cannot have faith unless we know, believe, something is true

Most of us Christians think that way; I did until this weekend.

I believe your statement above is faith that comes from the natural mind, such as, I have faith that I can sit in a chair and it will hold me up, faith that an air plane will take me to my destination, faith my parents would feed me as a child, all this comes from experience and knowledge (the tree, It killed Adam spiritually???). I personally believe this worldly knowledge causes unbelief. What kind of faith would it take if I told you there was a chair that you couldn’t see, would you sit in it? It would take a supernatural faith. A God given faith to believe in the unseen which is the spiritual realm.

Borrowed from Joe.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

I read this as Paul living by Jesus’ faith, or God given supernatural faith.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20 (NASB 1995)

I read this as Paul living by his faith in Jesus

This is a big difference in my mind and it changes the meaning of this passage. It’s an exciting revelation to me and all of you probably knew this already. :b:

I prayed for two people with cancer (one died) both times satan was in my head telling me “you just started seeking God you don’t have enough faith” and this created doubt. I stopped lying on hands after that. I believe that’s the deception, we think we must have more faith.

Romans 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

God gave us a measure of supernatural faith from the indwelt Holy Spirit and now it’s a defense against the devil’s lie! Now I have the sword of the Spirit to fight him off with. The word of God has renewed my confidence to get back into the fight.

I don’t think it’s an issue with faith; it’s all about unbelief (from worldly knowledge). If I had a mind of a child I could believe in moving mountains, handling serpents, drinking poison, raising the dead, and many other scriptures we tend to glance over. Then there’s the issue of making the spiritual world more real to me than the physical realm. It’s all about getting scripture down into my heart, I think. To believe like Elisha, 2 Kings 6: 15-17

Faith comes by hearing God’s word. I personally believe with all my heart there’s power in the spoken word of God. That's how I was saved.

Sorry it became a story.

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

shalom,

Mizz

John 14

shalom,

Mizz

Please bear with me I’m not a very good writer (ADHD some physicians would say) But praise God I have the mind of Christ!

The reason I’m writing this is because Onelite posted a topic about the gifts from the Holy Spirit and I personally believe the gift of faith is the most important gift. With that gift you could move mountains. This is what led me to the study on faith.

We cannot have faith unless we know, believe, something is true

Most of us Christians think that way; I did until this weekend.

I believe your statement above is faith that comes from the natural mind, such as, I have faith that I can sit in a chair and it will hold me up, faith that an air plane will take me to my destination, faith my parents would feed me as a child, all this comes from experience and knowledge (the tree, It killed Adam spiritually???). I personally believe this worldly knowledge causes unbelief. What kind of faith would it take if I told you there was a chair that you couldn’t see, would you sit in it? It would take a supernatural faith. A God given faith to believe in the unseen which is the spiritual realm.

Borrowed from Joe.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

I read this as Paul living by Jesus’ faith, or God given supernatural faith.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20 (NASB 1995)

I read this as Paul living by his faith in Jesus

This is a big difference in my mind and it changes the meaning of this passage. It’s an exciting revelation to me and all of you probably knew this already. :b:

I prayed for two people with cancer (one died) both times satan was in my head telling me “you just started seeking God you don’t have enough faith” and this created doubt. I stopped lying on hands after that. I believe that’s the deception, we think we must have more faith.

Romans 12:3

3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

God gave us a measure of supernatural faith from the indwelt Holy Spirit and now it’s a defense against the devil’s lie! Now I have the sword of the Spirit to fight him off with. The word of God has renewed my confidence to get back into the fight.

I don’t think it’s an issue with faith; it’s all about unbelief (from worldly knowledge). If I had a mind of a child I could believe in moving mountains, handling serpents, drinking poison, raising the dead, and many other scriptures we tend to glance over. Then there’s the issue of making the spiritual world more real to me than the physical realm. It’s all about getting scripture down into my heart, I think. To believe like Elisha, 2 Kings 6: 15-17

Faith comes by hearing God’s word. I personally believe with all my heart there’s power in the spoken word of God. That's how I was saved.

Sorry it became a story.

Peace

I believe faith is a gift we are given not something we can do on our own, at least not when it pertains to Him. I can have faith that the car next to me is not going to run me off the road yet I do not have any quarentees from that car it won't. The faith that God gives is the faith that is built up over time, our faith allows us to know that He will keep His promises, that He won't 'run us off the road' but built us up. But as I said faith is nothing without action. Your post started off with the 'of' Him faith 'of' Him yet it is faith 'in' Him that builds up, corrects us and gives us the ways to stand up against oppression and fight the good fight and to serve Him daily. What I am saying isn't really much different than what you are saying. Faith comes by us hearing Him after we acknowledge we are in need of Him. And if we truly believe that Yeshua is the true Word of God we know there is power in Him, theres power in God and its the only righteous lasting power and through that indwelling of the Spirit we are empowered also.

No need to apologize at all! Sometimes I have a heck of a time figuring out how to explain things to others so no worries!

shalom,

Mizz