• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

You're talking about Islamic fundamentalism. That's different than mainstream Islam.

But it's true...Muslims DO recognize Jesus as a prophet for his teachings. They obviously don't believe he was the Son of Man, but they do think he was sent by God.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

This is coming from a biography on Muhammad. "Jesus, according to Muhammad, was not a god, nor a son of God, nor a part of a trinity with God. In addition, Muslims believe Jesus did not die on the cross, lie dead for three days, or rise from the grave. Nor, according to Islam, did Jesus' death atone for the sins of Adam, inherent in all people.

Thank you. I couldn't say it better. I worked as Missionary in Indonesia, a Muslim country.

They DO NOT believe in the blood atonement of Jesus Christ or that he is anything but a "prophet" at best...and a lying prophet at best, (since he claims to be one in the same with the Father).

Guest shiloh357
You're talking about Islamic fundamentalism. That's different than mainstream Islam.

But it's true...Muslims DO recognize Jesus as a prophet for his teachings. They obviously don't believe he was the Son of Man, but they do think he was sent by God.

No I am talking about EVERY Muslim government in the world, not just a few Muslim extremists. IN EVERY Muslim country, Christianity is outlawed or at least you are not allowed to publically acknowledge Christianity. Islam proper is no friend to Christianity.

If they respect his teachings then they would accept Him as the Son of God because that is what HE taught. The fact that they reject that He is the Son of God, proves that they DO NOT believe or respect His teachings.

Jesus did not say he was a prophet, and did not offer Himself as One. Therefore no one cannot assign that office to Him.

A prophet must be 100% correct when they speak in God's Name. If Jesus is a prophet, then He was right when He claims to be the Son of God. If they accept Him as a prophet, then they HAVE to believe what he said, including the fact that He is the Son of God.

I do know that Muslims don't recognize that Jesus is God...obviously! But it is at least interesting to point out that they acknowledge him as a holy man! That's all I was trying to say here. Sheesh. :P

Sorry, Bluegirl....Jesus is no prophet. Prophets don't lie. Jesus claims to be one in the same with the Father.

He claims he is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God and ONE with the Father.

You need to read the bible a little more than the Quran. The Bible is very clear that Jesus DIED on the cross...the Quran doesn't.

I didn't just read the Quran. I proseyltzed Muslims in Indonesia. I know what they believe and they don't believe Jesus is anything but a false Messiah.

Stop deluding yourself.

Tell me you've proseyltyzed Muslims IN THEIR land and talked to them in their language and worked with them DAILY and then tell me all this "hearsay" propaganda someone told you.

Oh, by the way....I was told by a Muslim friend that the "word" at the Mosques is that Jesus was just a whores child....illegitamate and worthless.

Then they laugh and joke about him and trash him. They don't even buy the words of their own Quran. Jesus is "joke" at the local Mosques in Indonesia, (99% Muslim population, except on Bali, which is Hindu).

Guest shiloh357
I do know that Muslims don't recognize that Jesus is God...obviously! But it is at least interesting to point out that they acknowledge him as a holy man! That's all I was trying to say here. Sheesh. :P

A prophet must be 100% correct when they speak in God's Name. If Jesus is a prophet, then He was right when He claims to be the Son of God. If they accept Him as a prophet, then they HAVE to believe what he said, including the fact that He is the Son of God.

Yeah they accept Him as a holy man... then then every Muslim nation persecutes the followers of this holy man... stop being so naive.

Calm down! It's a fact of Islam! Whether all Muslims honor it or not is irrelevant: it is part of the teachings of the religion.

I'm NOT by any stretch of imagination saying that Jesus was "only" a prophet. I'm Christian, so obviously I recognize him as the Son of God. It is only interesting to point out that he is recognized as a prophet by another religion, whether the followers of that religion all believe that or not.

Guest shiloh357
Calm down! It's a fact of Islam! Whether all Muslims honor it or not is irrelevant: it is part of the teachings of the religion.

It is interesting that not ONE Muslim government honors his teachnigs. If they did, they would look to Jesus for salvation. In fact there is no way any Muslim could honor Jesus' teachings and remain a Muslim.

It seems you believe that most Muslims honor him and just few radicals don't. That does not square with the hard facts that are in front of us everyday.

I am just saying that if you believe that Islam is generally tolerant and accepting of Christianity, you are wrong.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

They believe that "Jesus" will return in the desert and preform many miracles just before their Mahdi returns, their messiah, and if you will remember Jesus said that when they say I am here and there do not beleive them for many false Christ's wil come. Muslims believe that "Jesus" was a prophet and ascended to heaven, they do not belie that he was crucified or raised from the dead.

If people would compare prophecy to what Muslims believe, I think it would be clear that the AC will be Muslim. They also have many other prophecies that are just like what the bible describes as being the anti-christ. I have the post somewhere here on the forum, I will look for it and post it again.