~candice~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

As has been pointed out...the topic is evolution not Islam and its teachings....if you want to debate Islam, please take the discussion to another part of the boards, and also be aware that these boards are not meant as an opportunity to spread the teachings of the Qu'ran or the sayings of Mohammed as they are opposed to the teachings of Jesus the Jewish Messiah. Thanks for understanding. Salaam. Botz

I will close this thread for a while.....

Ok...re-opened. Please stay on Topic...thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2

Hi Botz,

I'm a Christian and I'm new to this 'Worthy Christian Forum.' I have been following the discussion between Happy Forever, OldEnglishSheepdog and Dragoon with interest. Where do you propose we finish this debate because I would like to see it go further without being blocked? I think it would be a shame to treat a non-believer inhospitably who has asked for evidence that our faith is in the true and living God, who says they are a seeker after God, believes they have found God outside of Jesus Christ and as such are deceived, who asks us to present proof of our claims, and who is in the same position as all non-believers are unless the Father draws them to Christ. Let's extend mercy to her since the Father has been so gracious and merciful to us in sending His Son to save us! Pray for her! She is here for a reason, and she is out of her element in being a Muslim on a Christian forum and in that English is not her native language. When I look back on God's hand in bringing me to Christ I know that many Christians were praying for me and many Christians became, all of a sudden, present in my life and through them I saw Christ.

PS. Is there a spell check on this forum or do I have to drag over from a Word document?

Hi Botz,

I'm a Christian and I'm new to this 'Worthy Christian Forum.' I have been following the discussion between Happy Forever, OldEnglishSheepdog and Dragoon with interest. Where do you propose we finish this debate because I would like to see it go further without being blocked? I think it would be a shame to treat a non-believer inhospitably who has asked for evidence that our faith is in the true and living God, who says they are a seeker after God, believes they have found God outside of Jesus Christ and as such are deceived, who asks us to present proof of our claims, and who is in the same position as all non-believers are unless the Father draws them to Christ. Let's extend mercy to her since the Father has been so gracious and merciful to us in sending His Son to save us! Pray for her! She is here for a reason, and she is out of her element in being a Muslim on a Christian forum and in that English is not her native language. When I look back on God's hand in bringing me to Christ I know that many Christians were praying for me and many Christians became, all of a sudden, present in my life and through them I saw Christ.

PS. Is there a spell check on this forum or do I have to drag over from a Word document?

Hello PGA,

I think this particular thread has exhausted itself....and Happy has not opened up another thread elsewhere to explore our faith and compare it with Islam.

She is very welcome here...but must understand that the Boards are not a platform for promoting Islam. It isn't always easy to get the balance right between a person with sincere questions, speaking from the only thing they understand....which may well be another religion or philosophy. I think the Outer Court provides a reasonable safe-haven, as we have resident Atheist friends there who express their views and discuss our faith quite openly...and generally in a friendly atmosphere.

I think you make a good point....if we all gave Unbelievers the leeway and grace that was extended to us before we came to know Jesus....it would give them time to see what we are about, before being told off and verbally castigated for trying to bring their faith and ideas to the table....they are only speaking from what they know.

The spell-check is top right of the frame the tick with abc above it.....I don't use it as it messes up my computer some how.

Welcome to Worthy by the way....hope you enjoy it here. Botz

Thank you! I doubt I will have much time in the next few weeks to contribute. Sorry for the interruption once again on the evolution debate. One other question. How do I create a separate thread that I may invite Happy, Dragoon, OldEnglishSheepdog and anyone else interested to continue the discussion on the evidences for Islam verses Christianity?

Thank you! I doubt I will have much time in the next few weeks to contribute. Sorry for the interruption once again on the evolution debate. One other question. How do I create a separate thread that I may invite Happy, Dragoon, OldEnglishSheepdog and anyone else interested to continue the discussion on the evidences for Islam verses Christianity?

I'm not part of the staff or anything, but I can walk you through the mechanics of making a new thread as described. Just go into the sub-forum you wish to start the thread, and you should see a button that says "Start New Topic" at the top right of the page. Click it, and a screen similar to the reply screen will pop up. Up top you'll see two little text boxes, the first being the name of your new thread, whatever you choose. The second is an optional short description of what you want the thread to be about. Right below that is the big text box, and that will be the first post of the thread, the OP.

Hopefully Happy and friends will see the new thread and start replying. You can also go to their profile by clicking on their name, and write a comment on their profile letting them know a new thread is up. Good luck with all that.

D-9

Thanks for taking the time!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

Happy has not opened up another thread elsewhere to explore our faith and compare it with Islam.

She is very welcome here...

Hmm, that's funny - she told me she was banned.

I think she must have misunderstood something.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

I'm a little distracted by work at the moment, but if you send a message to me through my profile, I'd be glad to continue the discussion with Happy Forever.

As OES has mentioned, she is having some difficulty starting a new thread, and thinks that she is banned.

I'm a little distracted by work at the moment, but if you send a message to me through my profile, I'd be glad to continue the discussion with Happy Forever.

As OES has mentioned, she is having some difficulty starting a new thread, and thinks that she is banned.

Actually I'm having the same problem. I sent a note to the contact administrator that did not take and I noticed someone sent me an e-mail that I could not open. I thought I had signed up for membership?

BTW, I appreciate your and OldEnglishSheepdog's discussion with Happy. I will try to contact you.

Nope, I can't contact you. I get an error message.