• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Reading through the Old testament Law, I was reading about the year of Jubilee, I slightly remember someone stating that it has never happened. Has it happened and what is the significance?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The jubliee years happen every 50 years, its a time where all debts are forgiven, land sold is given back, etc., its a wonderful concept, its a wonderful thing that He set up. And its kinda thought that He will come at the last jubilee, seems God only set aside about 120 of them if my memory is right. What a way to end the reign of man on earth but at the last Jubilee by having all of mankind forgiven and those elect changed in a twinkling in an eye. Theres also a lot of speculation that the last one can come anytime between 2015-2018. I have some links Isaiah if your interested just let me know.

shalom,

Mizz

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

They happened every 50 years after the command was set up in Leviticus 25:10-13, until the Old Law was done away with and has become obsolete (Galatians 3:23-24; Hebrews 8:13).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Supposed to happen. But did they happen? That's the question.

:noidea:

Exactly o heard they were never honored!

There were several laws in the Old Testament that we don't have record of being honored: the sabbath (I think we just hear about the people who dishonored it. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, because I'm not sure), rebellious children being stoned, lepers' houses being burned down if the infection cannot be removed from it, just to name a few. I think it's safe to assume that the Year of Jubilee, much like these laws, were honored, unless we have direct revelation that they never were.

Exactly o heard they were never honored!

You don't think that they honored the Jubilee year? Its true we do not see the huge celebrations we see for the Feast but they are there, its just sometimes takes a long drawn out calculating of dates and stuff and I fail miserably at trying to add it all up. Its often thougth that when the Israelites came out of Egypt, went to Sukkot blew the trumpets it was a jubilee year. Solomons temple was supposed to been dedicated around the 60th jubilee year. And I do think that the year our Messiah died and resurrected was what Isaiah 61 seems to indicate a Jubilee year, He would do/did what the Jubilee year was all about, 'The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.' Theres a chart online somewhere that attempts to show Abrahams birth as a Jubilee year and onward with Yeshua's death and resurrection being somewhere near the 80th or 85th Jubilee year. Its my thinking that God only gave men 120 Jubilee years and if we take Messiahs as just say the 80th that would take us through about 2000 till sometime around 2017-2018 but of course I could be off by several years. I do firmly believe He will return on a Jubilee year, He will wipe out our debts permanately, change us into incorruptible.

Judah the southern kingdom was put into exile for not following the seven year rest of the land, I can imagine God being angry for not keeping all the set aside appointments mandated by God.

shalom,

Mizz

There were several laws in the Old Testament that we don't have record of being honored: the sabbath (I think we just hear about the people who dishonored it. Correct me if I'm wrong, please, because I'm not sure), rebellious children being stoned, lepers' houses being burned down if the infection cannot be removed from it, just to name a few. I think it's safe to assume that the Year of Jubilee, much like these laws, were honored, unless we have direct revelation that they never were.

The Sabbath was observed by all, it was the added laws to His Torah that made the pharisees and such want to have Him killed. The apostles kept the Sabbath, it was indeed kept. We have writings that indicate what would happen to all who broke Gods Torah, Paul was happily one of those who helped to stone true believers he even seemingly held the clothes of those who stoned Stephen. But we do not carry out those laws we live by the Spirit of the Torah and not the letter. We do not stone kids or adults, Messiah, God is the only one who can carry out jugdment and punishment.

shalom,

Mizz

The Sabbath was observed by all, it was the added laws to His Torah that made the pharisees and such want to have Him killed. The apostles kept the Sabbath, it was indeed kept. We have writings that indicate what would happen to all who broke Gods Torah, Paul was happily one of those who helped to stone true believers he even seemingly held the clothes of those who stoned Stephen. But we do not carry out those laws we live by the Spirit of the Torah and not the letter. We do not stone kids or adults, Messiah, God is the only one who can carry out jugdment and punishment.

shalom,

Mizz

We know they observed the Sabbath because they were accused of not observing the Sabbath. But I can't find a passage in the Bible where it says "and they kept the Sabbath" or "as they were honoring the Sabbath" or something like that. But that isn't important. The point I was trying to get at is that just because it doesn't mention laws that were in affect (I would be interested if you would find a passage in the Bible that records a leper's house being burned down because of infection), doesn't mean that they weren't kept.

Actually, I don't live by anything of the Torah, since Jesus died for me and made me a covenant through which I can be saved. But since we are talking about whether or not laws were being kept by the Israelites before Christ, I think you must agree that Israel had the authority and probably did stone rebellious children. God gave them the authority to carry out punishment.

But, again, that's not important. Also, the Jubilee year was not brought into affect until the Levitical Law was put into place. The 60th Jubilee year would, then, have taken place 3000 years after that law was established for the Israelites. Solomon couldn't have built the temple 3,000 years after this law. Nor was Abraham's birth during a Jubilee, seeing as the Jubilee hadn't been established yet.

I keep digressing. The point that I really want to make to the person who posted this topic is that we can't assume that a law was not honored simply because there is no record of it being honored.

Okay, what I heard that the Year of Jubilee was never FULLY Honoured. Often times in name, and in part, but many refused to give up land purchased from others that sold out of desperation, The forgiveness of debts and the Freeing of slaves. These things were not held on to in full, again this is a sermon I heard some 15 years ago. I heard that, as Mizzdy has already said that when the Lord returns it will be in the year of jubilee, and it would be the the first time where it was a full honouring of such.