• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Renew the mind...

We are taught by God that we are partial yet whole in Him. He alone knows the heart and satan can deceive

anyone if God allows... This truth alone should reduce us from self
sufficiency
(we even break our own rules

i before e except after c)! We being born in wrong thinking must through God's Word re-learn to right thinking

and that's where it starts getting scary and we shrink back because we must reckon ourselves dead to what

we considered life to be and let go of stuff formed in us from very young...

examples: more is better than less, rich is better than poor, beauty is to be desired over ugly, smart is superior

to stupid, humor at another's expense is still funny, strong is victory over weak, this world is all there is so go for

the gusto, obtaining inanimate objects gains better life, my judgment must first be considered, etc.

John said that Christ in 3 years did so much work for His fellow mankind that the world was not large

enough to handle the books of the details-> this is God's example to us how our life should be to others... yet...

a better posture in all this is to begin again with His example and be willing even though considered strange

and foolish to those around you to die to self and live to His Spirit urgings within and follow the truth no matter what!

My defense for what I have said is simple-> if we are only part of the whole how can we consider our judgment of

things complete or finished and as this truth reduces us it allows for His increase and this is our life eternal IN HIM!

---------------applied -> I would rather have only one simple thought that would be acceptable to The Lord than the

worlds elations of me in wrong thinking... be prepared to be among few for few will accept this...

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

NKJV

What right do I have to judge things when I was born as I was 'an enemy of God' -> for my opinion, if placed in the proper stature, would be considered by me to small and insufficient to place any eternal weight upon and what I accept from His Word and Spirit within becomes mine but all ways His given to me... The debt is in the having! Love Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

God wants us to place him above all things. If we don't die to self, then we are putting ourselves, our own worldly desires above God.

Bottom line, make God your top priority. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God wants us to place him above all things. If we don't die to self, then we are putting ourselves, our own worldly desires above God.

Bottom line, make God your top priority. :)

:amen: for in the simple lies The Christ our doorway ....

I sense in my being this truth as I live day by day-

Matt 10:39

39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

NKJV

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

NKJV

Love Steven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/24/1993

first die to the law

then die to the christ