IGNORED

Jehovah's Witnesses IS a cult!!!

Guest Coral Snake

I agree traci

Lets work of the two greatest Commandments. I love all people and that includes the Jehovah Witnesses. They are entitled like the rest of us to worship as they wish as long as they are breaking no laws. Maybe they are a cult, but I would say that unless I have proof that they are breaking the law, and unless I do something about it by going in there and exposing what they are doing, then I better keep my mouth shut. And I had better have absolute, unrefutable proof if I go in there to stop them.

They are doing what they know and until they know better, they will keep on doing it. They learn nothing from our hate literature.

Edited by Kandi

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, what judgment... (not from all) all christian groups have wrong teachings in them and all of them have at least one thing right..... the witnesses are not perfect and neither are you...but I do believe that God has worked through them. I am not saying he is now. Alot of Bible truths have been revealed by their group. I believe we should all study the Bible and agree on just one thing. Jesus said the two greatest commandments were what???? Let's work on those and stop nit picking all of the other topics...

Agape,

Traci

sorry, but they do not believe that Jesus is the savior..... they do not believe in grace ( thru the death and reserection of Jesus ) being the way to heaven, they believe they can earn points ( so to speak ) by doing certain things and the points are what are goign to get them there.....

they do not believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God,

they believe they have the only way to heaven, and that is only if you believe as they do, not in Jesus....

they also believe that only 144,000 will enter heaven.... wow, sorry guys, but you didnt earn enough points... so we are only taking the top 144,000 point earners to heaven.....

they twist the Word using one verse and building.... some times only a few words of a verse to build their doctrine on....

love them.... Yes, i do..... respect them? yes, I do, agree with them????? NO I DONT...... argue with them? no, cause when I am at their home doing work, I am their employee, and I respect my boss, but I can sing and praise the Lord Jesus the entire time i am there....

guess what? they keep calling me back... and i keep praising my Lord Jesus while I am there.....

why do they call me back????

I know why, but do you????

it isnt because of what Jesus said, for he is only a prophet, not the savior.... (to the J.W. )

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

And, who can blame them? After all, they have been deceived and have experienced the results of such deception. May I also add that we have all, at one time or another, been deceived.

Is that an excuse for bad behaviour?

They are lost and we are saved, how about some compassion 'a'?

For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not? 1 Cor 4:7.

The ONLY way you can bring a JW, Mormon or Armstrongite to salvation is to get them to read ONLY

a reliable Bible...

Salvation belongs to God not man.

Coral Snake.

That is God that is indignant. Are we to be indignant for Him or carry out His command to preach the gospel in love.

We are no different from them except He had mercy on us. Do not make enemies. They are not our enemies just some more poor people.

Angels4u is perfectly right. You can't preach love by jumping down anyones throat, you just reinforce their opinion of us and confirm their faith, such as it is.

traciintampa.

No bible truth has been revealed by them. They are self confessed false prophets. The Watchtower have admitted making false prophecies.

Angel.

Why do you want to stop them? God presents us with oppotunities to advance the Kingdom.

read read read read read..... study study study study..... pray pray pray pray.... and most of all, listen to the Spirit of God speaking to you.....

then we do not have to worry about what we will say when we are put to the test..

Let's us take every oppotunity to present our God of love and not our own feelings whatever our feelings are because whatever they are they are not part of the gospel.

I know why, but do you????

Any points for this? You are a good workman. You have a nice voice. You pray for them and want the best for them and they know you care for them.

How'd I do?

johnp.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I don't know if I'd label JW's as a cult...definately a false religion and not Christianity, but not a cult. Of course, this depends upon what definition of a cult you're working on...I'd have no problem saying it's a cult if the proper definition was put forth, but oh well, it's just a matter of semantics.

Regardless, JW's are not Christians nor saved by the blood of the Lamb. While this seems like a harsh sounding judgement that is uncalled for, when comparing their beliefs to the actual Bible, it's difficult to see how they could truly be saved in their present state.

For instance, JW's deny the Trinity (Let God be True, p. 100-101; Make Sure of All Things, p.386) and likewise deny the deity of Christ (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 306) and in fact believe that Jesus was God's first Creation and was the incarnate Michael the Arch Angel (Aid to Bible Understanding, pp. 390-391; The Watchtower, May 15, 1963, p. 307; The New World, 2849). They even go so far as to say that John 1:1 is interpretated incorrectly and should read, "In the beginning was the word and the word was A god." Thus, they strip Jesus (the Word) away of His deity in all aspects. When their beliefs are unorthodox on main issues in Christianity and on main doctrines that concern salvation, it's imporant to take issue. Let's look to their faulty translation first, and then see how they line up with scripture.

First, with the translation of "the word was a god". In the Greek it reads:

Theos en ha logos (transliterated).

When translated literally into English it means "God was the word". Now, Jehovah witnesses attempt to say that there is no definite article in this writing thus the word "a" should be used when translating. This is simply faulty translation. In a sentence with a predicate moninative you will know which substantive is the subject by the presence of the artcle. Thus, there has to be an article in every Greek sentence. If there isn't a "stand-alone" article, then it is automatically built into the Greek word itself. Thus, since logos has the article, it is the subject. Now, can Theos, because it is absent of an article, justifiably be translated with an "a" in front of it? No. If it had an article then it would simply be translated "the person of God". By ridding itself of an article it solidifies the stance that it is refering to THE God. Thus, to put an "a" in this sentence is to defy all known modes of Greek grammar.

Secondly, we know from the Bible that Jesus was God. Jesus was both God and man (Col. 2:9; John 8:58 with Ex. 3:14). We have to recognize that Jesus is God from the scriptures ( John 1:1,14; 10:30-33; 20:28; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8). Why is this important? Jesus said here that if you do not believe "that I am" you will die in your sins. In Greek I am is 'ego eimi,' which means

As for keeping them off your doorstep, consider it a blessing. I studied up on both Mormonism and Jehovah Witnesses to understand what they believed. I refused to go to Christian sites that talked about these religions. I went straight to their own material and studied them that way. Since then (and I do none of this out of arrogance or bragging but to prove to you that God wants us to study and what God can do) I've been black listed on the local Mormon Church witnessing list and Jehovah Witnesses stopped comming by my house.

Back in Wichita one of my friends was a Mormon and sent missionaries to my house. After a 4 hour discourse they finally left my house. By the grace of God one of them quit the Mormon faith (a missionary!) after a year of searching and went back to his "heretical baptist roots" (as my friend put it) and the other was sent to Utah for "re-education". I do not know what happened with the JW'ers that graced my doorstep, what I do know is that they stopped comming by after a while.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, Well my experiences with them is that they're very nice and very eager, I've read some on them, and witnessed to quite a few, To ANGEL, she asked how do we keep them from coming every wed.? FIRST of all NEVER accept the HAND OUT they offer, THIS MARKS YOUR HOUSE, And just be polite and say NO THANKYOU and close the door if your too tired. But be POLITE as possible if you want to confront them at another time because they EXPECT CHRISTIANS to be VENOMOUS towards them, One of the questions I ask JW'S or MORMANS if you want to confront them is a simple HOW DO YOU GET TO HEAVEN, Then tell them HOW CHRISTIANS GET TO HEAVEN. This should at least plant the SEED in them hopefully. One other time just for your info. I challenged a JW And asked, If I could SHOW you or CONVINCE you that you are IN ERROR- OR- If you could SHOW or CONVICNCE ME that I AM IN ERROR, I will give up my FAITH, will YOU do the SAME? He said - NO- AND WALKED OFF and HE was one of the LONG TIME LEADERS of the JW'S so what does THIS tell you? about them?...........TAKO

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Aren't the branch davidians a branch from Jehovah witness & share similar beliefs?

Sorry if I'm wrong here.

Aren't the branch davidians a branch from Jehovah witness & share similar beliefs?

Sorry if I'm wrong here.

Oi, I have no idea.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I don't agree with JWs but I must say the links posted are really hype of those that don't understand them.

We live next door to a beautiful elderly couple who are JWs and I also was very briefly involved with them with my ex.

I don't agree with their method of disfellowship as my ex suffered greatly at the hands of this and lost many close friends, simply because he met me.

However I don't agree with this type of degrading of them either. The pics where they have smiling faces are about this world being over and being as they believe in paradise, it needs to be in it's correct context. Not taken out of context as these sites have done.

As for pedaphelia............ Can I say one thing.................. The Catholic Church!!! Really no one here would accept this being put on here about the Catholic Church and nor should this type of hype be taken into account just because it is a religon people like to snear at. JW and Mormons are definetly not main stream but well know religons just ( context ) like Christians. Catholic Churches are always under fire for sexual crimes within schools etc. This link and site needs to be put back where it belongs ......................... In the bin.

BTW I am a penticostal Christian not a Catholic but I'm sure there have been plenty of non Catholic Christian churches accused as well.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

As I read many of the comments and perhaps down right hate filled comments from those that should realise we will never change someone to Christ is we attact them.

We have to show them a better way, and honestly most Christians today are not doing a good job of that. We talk about the JW or the Church of Jesus Chrsit of Latter Day Saints ( heck we don't even like to use thier real name) we attack the flaws in thier religions without ever taking time to see some of the good they also teach.

If we take it from the good points and show them something better, would not most peeople want the better. If you merely tell them they are wrong, and do it in bitter tones, how will that ever attact anyone. Even Christians.

I visited one of the other boards, and saw where the discussion was keeping the head covered for women in church. The almost complete agreement was that people were free to choice how they followed Christ. This has been the trouble for 1000 years, people have chosen thier own paths, declaring they are free from doing things as the New Testement declares. They want to pick and choose which part of the New Testement, they want to follow. Or they will pick one verse over another verse as being more important. And of course worst of all, take the verse at face value as to how it is used in todays English without looking how it is used correctly in the orginal langauge.

How can we ever show the JW or the CJCLS, the correct method of Christianity, if we as Christians can not even descide amoung ourself, or even worship together.

We locally try to have some joint services, and at one month a year, a visit, where people from all the downtown churches visit the church of other groups on a Thursday at noon. Well guess what, certain denomnations will not go to other churches because 1. Some use music instruments ( surely of the devil)

2. Others speak in touges ( surely of the devil) 3. Others have statues of saints

( of the devil) 3. Some have women ministers ( of the devil) 4. Another allows homosexuals into the church ( of the devil)

Get the idea, it is easy to set back and declare someone we learn about fom other hate forums, or believe everything we read on web sites of hate.

How many people ever actually went into a JW service ???? Actually read , not what someone else said, but actually read the Book of Mormon.

I would say that in many ways, most denominations have about as much bad to say about other christian goups as they do these groups also.

I am saying, why should we talk like a bunch of old "wash women" about someone else, let us show them by example what Christian love and being a Chrsitian is all about. To them, they believe they have something better than we have.

And to be perfectly honest, I would find some of the teachings and acceptance in some so called Christian churches much worst than that of some of the cultss

Look perhaps not at thier doctrine for a moment, but at thier "works" I would say that those cults are acting, at least to the outside world, as much better Chrsitians than almost any of the christian churches, in their teachings on family, good works, helping one another. This does not of course save them, or even justify them, But it does show that we as Christians will have to work very, very hard to show them a better way of life than what we are doing in the world today, and esp on this board.

:b: