IGNORED

Anyone ever heal from chronic pain? (such as headache & teeth nerv

Guest Kasey777

This is a very challenging topic, a question I have asked myself many times. Chronic pain is like a "bad relative" who won't go away :) I was in a motorcycle accident many years ago, chronic debilitating migraines were the result of that accident, between 12 -17 of them a month. Four Neuro surgeries, numerous medications and out patient procedures...all failed.

I repented and asked forgiveness for any sin that I may have committed that may be "preventing" healing to take place. I love God with all that is within me and I TRUST Him with everything in my life.

Although I do not understand why healing does not take place...why God with holds His Healing hand in many cases....what I do know is that I want His will.

He must have a reason, some knowledge that I do not possess that causes Him to allow suffering....

As a Pastor I have been diligent on this subject and find I have been humbled by God...I do not have the answer..

The scriptures states that one who is ill should be taken to the Elders of the congregation, anointed with oil, prayed over and they will be healed. We have all read that...yet more often than not, the chronic illnesses remain.

What are they? Is deliverence needed instead? Even that aspect of our faith has fallen by the wayside.

Finally, if after you have gone to God with all that you can regarding your health and you have personally done all they you can about it, ie: doctors, lifestyle changes; all that is left is prayer and HOPE.

Blessings

Just curious.

I read through the useful parts to me of a book called Conquering Chronic Pain from Injury, but I'm not sure if I should wait to heal, or pursue another way to beat pain, such as neurofeedback/therapy for the brain.

God doesn't want us in chronic pain, but I wonder what He wants us to do.

Well, thanks for any insight.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

This is a very challenging topic, a question I have asked myself many times. Chronic pain is like a "bad relative" who won't go away :) I was in a motorcycle accident many years ago, chronic debilitating migraines were the result of that accident, between 12 -17 of them a month. Four Neuro surgeries, numerous medications and out patient procedures...all failed.

I repented and asked forgiveness for any sin that I may have committed that may be "preventing" healing to take place. I love God with all that is within me and I TRUST Him with everything in my life.

Although I do not understand why healing does not take place...why God with holds His Healing hand in many cases....what I do know is that I want His will.

He must have a reason, some knowledge that I do not possess that causes Him to allow suffering....

As a Pastor I have been diligent on this subject and find I have been humbled by God...I do not have the answer..

The scriptures states that one who is ill should be taken to the Elders of the congregation, anointed with oil, prayed over and they will be healed. We have all read that...yet more often than not, the chronic illnesses remain.

What are they? Is deliverence needed instead? Even that aspect of our faith has fallen by the wayside.

Finally, if after you have gone to God with all that you can regarding your health and you have personally done all they you can about it, ie: doctors, lifestyle changes; all that is left is prayer and HOPE.

Blessings

Just curious.

I read through the useful parts to me of a book called Conquering Chronic Pain from Injury, but I'm not sure if I should wait to heal, or pursue another way to beat pain, such as neurofeedback/therapy for the brain.

God doesn't want us in chronic pain, but I wonder what He wants us to do.

Well, thanks for any insight.

Good points. Thanks for the post.

• 2 months later...