• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

If we don't know what God looks like or neither can we imagine seeing God truly then how can we

understand the scriptures that tell us that man was made in God's image?

What is God really saying when he means the image of him? :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

If we don't know what God looks like or neither can we imagine seeing God truly then how can we

understand the scriptures that tell us that man was made in God's image?

What is God really saying when he means the image of him? :noidea:

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1Sa_10:6 And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

1Sa_11:6 And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.

Job 26:12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Job 26:14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Psa_143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Pro_20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Pro_15:4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Luk_24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Gal 5:17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,

Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,

Gal 5:21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

So, from this small snippet we can see a bit of the image of the Father we can show the world.

Gal 5:24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Joh 16:25 "I have said these things to you in figures of speech. The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures of speech but will tell you plainly about the Father.

Joh 16:26 In that day you will ask in my name, and I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf;

Joh 16:27 for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Joh 16:28 I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father."

And, in the future we will find out much more about the Father!!

I hope this helps

God Bless!

Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Gal 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

1Pe_1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Image" in this case tends to mean 'nature" or "character".

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/24/1959

"Image" in this case tends to mean 'nature" or "character".

That's right and in that character we are three in one just as God is three in one. We are body, mind, and soul, and God is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. We are indeed created in His image just as He has said.