TerryWS

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I recently completed three articles on the issue of same-sex marriage. I posted them on my Facebook account and received a ton of responses, which I integrated into the final, revised versions. I'm only sharing in this forum to make the most of the effort. Hopefully you will find the information useful.

They appear in reverse order at: http://terryshood.blogspot.com/

Terry, am in. Am glad you reached out to "Roger". Am sure his story will has change others. I agree some people don't wanna face the truth. Atleast they've heard it. May you do more!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

God created man and woman to be in union. Christ's NT teaching affirms this is to be faithful. Thus there is no such thing as gays or straights in the Kingdom, just men and women who are created in God's image for His purposes.

LGBT philosopy sets people apart and creates the idea that God doesnt love them. It also tells them they are different and God created them different. The message is evil, the man or woman who experiences same sex attraction is no worse or better than than the man or woman who experiences adulterous desires or temptation to any other sin. Normally as Christians we confess or teach something is wrong, ie lying or theft or adulterous thoughts, but go away privately to repent when we end up lying or stealing or having adulterous thoughts. Yes the struggle will be difficult for those with same sex attraction, but the key is knowing what is sin and confessing, NOT the falling short which we all do from time to time.

I am hearing too much these days of 'do Christians understand the despair of homosexuals. The answer could be do homsoexuals understand the despair of single people who have never found anyone to marry? The gospel of Jesus Christ is hope, and forgiveness of sin, not despair. I once saw a gay lobby group, the inclusivechuch I think, say that if same sex relations arent allowed then the gospel isnt good news for homosexuals, and the answer to that is they obviously dont know or believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.

And I suggest many more Christians have an ongoing battle against greed that is even more a struggle than wrong sexual desires.

If we confess what is sin, including same sex sexual relations then we have the truth, and it is the truth that sets us free.

Edited by brightmorningstar

The battle is intense at the moment in the western world. It may seem like degredation is rampant and decay rapid, and it may well be, the Bible shows us that it needs death to come to renewed life, and needs a brokeness to come to restoration.

What has been said here is of course correct, hearts and minds need to be changed and dark foces are hardening hearts at the moment. I sense the the church in the west is actually more influencial in society now than for one or two decades, if not several decades, in charity and good works. Yet even this doesnt seem to make those who are listening to those have the megaphone, reflect. Take the Roman Catholic adoption agencies that shut because they were no longer able to refer 'gays' to other agencies.. yet since, the number of children waiting in care for adoption has increased and my church is working for and finacially supporting children in care!! Many in society refuse to see the worse situation has followed the changes they wanted.

So the encouragment is, we know the ending of the story, we know who has one, Christ, and we know that where the Kingdom makes progress there is a shaking and opposition.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Amen! So let's keep the main thing the main thing in our discussion of homosexuality. It's homosexuality, not the UltraLibDem Media- Elite term. "same-sex." My brother is my same sex. He is not homosexual. He loves Jesus & serves Him with all his heart.

Amen! So let's keep the main thing the main thing in our discussion of homosexuality. It's homosexuality, not the UltraLibDem Media- Elite term. "same-sex." My brother is my same sex. He is not homosexual. He loves Jesus & serves Him with all his heart.

Good point, I love my brother but I am not homosexual. Love isnt sex. But should we not be saying 'same-sex sex' rather than 'homosexuality'? Homosexuality is sexuality, feelings/desire. Sex is the anatomy. So when a Bishop makes the idiotic statement that he sees no difference bewteen homosexual marriage and heterosexual marriage I agree with him , the homosexual man can marrry the homosexual woman just as the heterosexual man can marry the hetersoexaul woman. Marriage is dictated by the reality of the physical sex of the couple, and NOT what some men and women may or may not feel about whether they like it or not.

What do you think?

There is no concept of sexuality in the Bible. Its a human deception. God created male and female and it was this reason man and woman are united. So using the terms homosexual and heterosexual is already confusing the truth of God's word. One can for example say homosexuality is wrong, but one cant say heterosexuality is right because adultery, incest and the like are heterosexual as well and these are sin.

Edited by brightmorningstar

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Good point, I love my brother but I am not homosexual. Love isnt sex. But should we not be saying 'same-sex sex' rather than 'homosexuality'? Homosexuality is sexuality, feelings/desire. Sex is the anatomy. So when a Bishop makes the idiotic statement that he sees no difference bewteen homosexual marriage and heterosexual marriage I agree with him , the homosexual man can marrry the homosexual woman just as the heterosexual man can marry the hetersoexaul woman. Marriage is dictated by the reality of the physical sex of the couple, and NOT what some men and women may or may not feel about whether they like it or not.

What do you think?

There is no concept of sexuality in the Bible. Its a human deception. God created male and female and it was this reason man and woman are united. So using the terms homosexual and heterosexual is already confusing the truth of God's word. One can for example say homosexuality is wrong, but one cant say heterosexuality is right because adultery, incest and the like are heterosexual as well and these are sin.

I think you are referring to the good ole 'noun' v's 'verb' debate we seem to have all the time when it comes to homosexuality in the bible. You are mostly right, the bible largley talks about the verb, the actual doing of gay sex (ick) but there are some passages (like Ro 1) that discuss the DESIRE for same sex, not just the VERB. You should also consider the way that hatred (a feeling I guess) is equated with murder by Jesus.. the desire and the act were just as evil as each other. In the same manner, I think a Christian should not only have their ACTIONS line up with His Word (i.e. have no gay sex, ick) but also their DESIRES... so anyone who desires that kind of sexual activity should be terribly grieved by the way their desires don't match up with His standards, and beg / plead / pray / fast for Him to renew their minds and desires and make it more in line with His standard. This often takes time, but it is a necessary part of the process, as usually the actions follow on from the desire. This is much in line with what James 1 says about the origin of our sins as our flesh (which needs to DIE).

God bless,

Candice

Candice,

You are mostly right, the bible largley talks about the verb, the actual doing of gay sex (ick) but there are some passages (like Ro 1) that discuss the DESIRE for same sex, not just the VERB.
I think I am completely right. Romans 1 says men abandoned the natural use of women and committed indecent acts with other men. That is specifically the act having been done as well as the desire lusting.

You should also consider the way that hatred (a feeling I guess) is equated with murder by Jesus.. the desire and the act were just as evil as each other.
Yes I agree. In passages such as Mark 7 we see Jesus comparing even wrong thoughts of murder and sexual immorality as unclean.

Yes I agree with you it is a renewing of ones mind, and death to our desires and thinking to lives and life from Christ. But it is better to worship God and focus on Christ than praying an fasting against our old self life. If we focus on Christ and others we wont be thinking about ourselves or the sin to struggle against.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Candice,

You are mostly right, the bible largley talks about the verb, the actual doing of gay sex (ick) but there are some passages (like Ro 1) that discuss the DESIRE for same sex, not just the VERB.
I think I am completely right. Romans 1 says men abandoned the natural use of women and committed indecent acts with other men. That is specifically the act having been done as well as the desire lusting.

You should also consider the way that hatred (a feeling I guess) is equated with murder by Jesus.. the desire and the act were just as evil as each other.
Yes I agree. In passages such as Mark 7 we see Jesus comparing even wrong thoughts of murder and sexual immorality as unclean.

Yes I agree with you it is a renewing of ones mind, and death to our desires and thinking to lives and life from Christ. But it is better to worship God and focus on Christ than praying an fasting against our old self life. If we focus on Christ and others we wont be thinking about ourselves or the sin to struggle against.

Here is what it says:

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is [r]unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing[s]indecent acts and receiving in [t]their own persons the due penalty of their error.

I think we need to do both and are commanded to do both. I also think that the only way to focus on Christ is to die to self, and what else does dying to self mean (and picking up our cross daily) than to find a way to lay aside those sinful desires to seek after Him? Was Paul grieved by His flesh?

Spring Is In The Air

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:18-33

~

Amen! So let's keep the main thing the main thing in our discussion of homosexuality. It's homosexuality, not the UltraLibDem Media- Elite term. "same-sex." My brother is my same sex. He is not homosexual. He loves Jesus & serves Him with all his heart....

Good point, I love my brother but I am not homosexual. Love isn't sex. But should we not be saying 'same-sex sex' rather than 'homosexuality'? Homosexuality is sexuality, feelings/desire. Sex is the anatomy. So when a Bishop makes the idiotic statement that he sees no difference between homosexual marriage and heterosexual marriage I agree with him , the homosexual man can marry the homosexual woman just as the heterosexual man can marry the heterosexual woman. Marriage is dictated by the reality of the physical sex of the couple, and NOT what some men and women may or may not feel about whether they like it or not.

What do you think?

There is no concept of sexuality in the Bible. It's a human deception. God created male and female and it was this reason man and woman are united. So using the terms homosexual and heterosexual is already confusing the truth of God's word. One can for example say homosexuality is wrong, but one can't say heterosexuality is right because adultery, incest and the like are heterosexual as well and these are sin....

:thumbsup:

And As For Me And My Wife

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed. Genesis 2:21-25

I'm So So Blessed

Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.

Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.

Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love. Proverbs 5:15-19

By The LORD

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Number 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

.... I don't know why anyone would want to build a society around a theocracy. Any time that happens you seem to end up with a society that is killing people because they didn't follow "the law"....

Yeap

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. Isaiah 11:1-9

Sure Will

That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. Isaiah 65:16-25

Goofy

See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. Deuteronomy 30:15-16

Kids

But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. Deuteronomy 30:17-20

~

Believe

Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. John 11:21-27

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe