• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1970

my friend had one and she liked it, BUT...

you might want to sit down and make sure that it's cheaper in the long run.  especially if the phones are going to be your main phone connection.  from the website it looks like 200 minutes cost $49.99.  i'm on my parent's cell phone plan, and we get 300 minutes to share + free nights and weekends, free mobile-to-mobile anytime, a "family plan", where i can call the house anytime for free, on 3 different cell phones for probably about $75/month?  (it might be even a good bit less than that). 

if you were to get the 200 minute tracfone plan, it wouldn't last very long at all.  i don't think they have a free nights and weekends plan.  on the last family bill, i alone used over 1000 minutes (345 of which were day minutes and i got in trouble... but that's another story :blink: ).  and i'm not really a phone talker at all!  tracfone worked for my friend because she didn't really use her phone at all, but it would most definitely NOT work for me or my parents, because our phones are our main avenue of talking to each other.  if you're worried about the cost of the phone itself, most plans offer free phones or super duper cheap phones if you sign onto the plan.

so... all that to say, i'd shop around if i were you.  tracfone might seem like a good deal if you're just looking at the price, but definitely make sure that what you get will meet all your needs.  i hope everything works out for you soon!

Yes, that is so true. My parents do not use theirs very often, so one good thing about it is that your minutes don't expire if you remember to renew on time and your minutes keep adding up. But if you plan to use it often, then a regular cell plan may work best. ;)