• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

awhile back i posted in a topic saying that i was going through a spiritual slump... and i hate to say it but since shcool started it hasn't gotten any better. i know that the problem is that i'm not reading the word enough... but i'm weak and lazy and often not willing to make the time to. i feel so messed up right now i feel like i've been acting and talking like an unbeliever. but the thing is i haven't been acting that differently around my christian friends... i don't know if this is wrong. i still act like i have more fire then ever when i know this is not true. should i just act myself and be open with them and talk to them about it or keep this between me and god and try to overcome it on my own? i don't want my faith to die but i feel like my prayers don't mean that much anymore. someone please help me.

-joel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

awhile back i posted in a topic saying that i was going through a spiritual slump... and i hate to say it but since shcool started it hasn't gotten any better. i know that the problem is that i'm not reading the word enough... but i'm weak and lazy and often not willing to make the time to. i feel so messed up right now i feel like i've been acting and talking like an unbeliever. but the thing is i haven't been acting that differently around my christian friends... i don't know if this is wrong. i still act like i have more fire then ever when i know this is not true. should i just act myself and be open with them and talk to them about it or keep this between me and god and try to overcome it on my own? i don't want my faith to die but i feel like my prayers don't mean that much anymore. someone please help me.

-joel

Hi Joel

Struggles are inevitable as a christian who WANTS to be holy. We are attacked all the more to get us to "curse God and die" Job 1 & 2. Do you have another male christian friend. David had Johnathan and I beleive that helped him a lot. A friend sticks closer than a brother. Let me know. The fact that you recognize the hypocracy in your life is the first step in correcting it.

Will pray for you,

LT

Father, you have heard our cries to you from our heart. Help us to submit to your hand in conforming us to the image of your Son, The Lord Jesus Christ. In our submission help us to resist the devil that he flee.

LT

Hi Joel

Struggles are inevitable as a christian who WANTS to be holy.  We are attacked all the more to get us to "curse God and die" Job 1 & 2.  Do you have another male christian friend.  David had Johnathan and I beleive that helped him a lot.  A friend sticks closer than a brother.  Let me know.  The fact that you recognize the hypocracy in your life is the first step in correcting it.

Will pray for you,

LT

Father, you have heard our cries to you from our heart.  Help us to submit to your hand in conforming us to the image of your Son, The Lord Jesus Christ.  In our submission help us to resist the devil that he flee.

LT

yes... i have a few male christian friends but it's really hard for me to openly talk about this. everyone pretty much knows me as a good christian... and i feel wierd saying that i'm struggling with my faith as much as i know i am. to be honest it makes me feel better to pretend i still have as much passion as i used to although i know it's wrong. i sin all the time now without repenting and i don't normally feel bad about it until sometimes like now... but even right now i still feel as though i don't feel bad enough about all my sins. i don't even feel like i have a conscience anymore... just emptyness. i've gone through stuff like this before but this might be the worst i've been spiritually. it scares me to think that one of the main reasons i go to church is probably to feel like i belong... but i know it should be about worshipping and growing through the word of god. the whole thing is so messed up.

-joel

Edited by OBEY

yeah... no one really cares... this sucks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I go through these spiritual slumps as well. I feel like the people of the church need to be more open with each other about these matters. It's hard to admit that you're not reading your Bible or praying etc. but I think it would benefit you and fellow believers.

I think accountability partners are an excellent idea. Find the person you trust the most in your church and ask them to be your accountability partner. Share your problems with this person. Ask him for help.

I need to take this advice myself. If we'd begin to open up to others we'd probably find a lot of other hurting Christians who need to be truthful with themselves, God & others as well.

Don't give up on God. He has not given up on you! I've found this to be true over and over. His grace is incredible to me. His patience.

You might also try being involved in more activities and outreach with your church. Go visit people in nursing homes, go visit someone who hasn't been in church awhile.

Maybe start a prayer meeting with a small group of people once a week.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

yes... i have a few male christian friends but it's really hard for me to openly talk about this.

I was going to reiterate what Annette said. Many go through these slumps. They will not think lesser of you if you tell them what you are going through. They've probably gone through it themselves.

Take Annette's advice and I have a few more. Some simple things. Go out and enjoy God's handiwork. Take a look at an ant colony, watch how they work together and appreciate how God made it. Savor the beauty of the sunsets. Walk by some flowers in the park. Take a look at each different one and think of how creative God was when he made so many things simply for us to enjoy and for us to appreciate his creations. Personally, I love going to zoos too, to take a look at all the different animals - the unique stripes and designs on snakes, the feathers of the peacocks etc. The list is endless as you know.

Just be still and know that He is God.

Tell God you want your zest and zeal for him back. Tell him you want to enjoy talking to him. Tell him all of your problems just like you would a friend, even if you are having negative thoughts about your Christian life. Just starting talking.

Thank God for everything you possibly can. Did you have breakfast today? Are you living in a country where we are free to worship him? Do you have clothes, electricity, running water? Many don't have this. We take it for granted. So thank him.

Is there a particular passage you like to read? What about the Christmas story? The story of Noah? The story of the ressurection? Just read it. There will be insight there. Something you've never seen or noticed before. Something that will apply to your life somehow.

We'll be praying for you. Keep us posted. And we DO care. :hug:

yes... i have a few male christian friends but it's really hard for me to openly talk about this.

I was going to reiterate what Annette said. Many go through these slumps. They will not think lesser of you if you tell them what you are going through. They've probably gone through it themselves.

Take Annette's advice and I have a few more. Some simple things. Go out and enjoy God's handiwork. Take a look at an ant colony, watch how they work together and appreciate how God made it. Savor the beauty of the sunsets. Walk by some flowers in the park. Take a look at each different one and think of how creative God was when he made so many things simply for us to enjoy and for us to appreciate his creations. Personally, I love going to zoos too, to take a look at all the different animals - the unique stripes and designs on snakes, the feathers of the peacocks etc. The list is endless as you know.

Just be still and know that He is God.

Tell God you want your zest and zeal for him back. Tell him you want to enjoy talking to him. Tell him all of your problems just like you would a friend, even if you are having negative thoughts about your Christian life. Just starting talking.

Thank God for everything you possibly can. Did you have breakfast today? Are you living in a country where we are free to worship him? Do you have clothes, electricity, running water? Many don't have this. We take it for granted. So thank him.

Is there a particular passage you like to read? What about the Christmas story? The story of Noah? The story of the ressurection? Just read it. There will be insight there. Something you've never seen or noticed before. Something that will apply to your life somehow.

We'll be praying for you. Keep us posted. And we DO care. :hug:

i'm really sorry for being rude. this is killing me and i really want to get through this. the thing that is frustrating to me is that all the emotions and passions are completely gone. it isn't just my spiritual life either but my emotions and passions are gone altogether with anything. i thank god for the things i have and that makes me feel a little better but then i just get depressed all over again. i'm sorry if it just sounds like i'm complaining but i really don't know what else to say. i'm going to try to talk to someone i know about this but i have a hard time with discussing my feelings in general. it's going to take some time probably...

thank you everyone for hearing me out.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Joel,

Remember that we don't live our lives in Christ according to our senses or emotions but by taking God at His word. We choose as an act of the will to believe. often in spite of what we feel.

LT

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Philippians 4

7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9  Those things, which ye have