Isaiah 6:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

So let's try again please. Where does the Bible say that money is evil. I understand the love of money to be evil. I understanding serving money to be evil... But where does the Bible in context state that money is itself evil?

God bless,

GE

You've been shown and given examples in Scipture and in the creative element ... you just refuse to see it! God Bless, Steven

Steven, what I've seen IMO is Scripture being taken out of context. Let's do it more concisely because it seems I didn't address all the Scriptures you presented and you didn't address all the Scriptures I presented. Would you like to go first with the first passage? I propose we won't move on until each passage is addressed and either is determined to support or not support the idea that money is evil.

God bless,

GE

Okay... let's begin with the origins of money! Is it of God or this world?

Very well. Progress. What passage do you present that money is evil (of this world)?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

The 'eyes' of the understanding sure have made things interesting over the years. So many ways to see things different from one another. Man is evil. Are we now not allowed to use men for anything?

Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

It is amazing what people come up with. And I am certain that people are equally amazed at me. LOL. :) Now since Jesus said that Peter and the gang were evil, I suppose God cannot use them for good either? Really?

Sorry who is this addressed to Gary?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The 'eyes' of the understanding sure have made things interesting over the years. So many ways to see things different from one another. Man is evil. Are we now not allowed to use men for anything?

Mat 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

It is amazing what people come up with. And I am certain that people are equally amazed at me. LOL. :) Now since Jesus said that Peter and the gang were evil, I suppose God cannot use them for good either? Really?

Sorry who is this addressed to Gary?

It isn't. It is my response to the complete overall message of the thread as I read through the responses. I read quite a few and this is what came to mind. I did not wish to address any one person or post. If I had, I would use the quote feature. Your more than welcome to respond to it :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So let's try again please. Where does the Bible say that money is evil. I understand the love of money to be evil. I understanding serving money to be evil... But where does the Bible in context state that money is itself evil?

God bless,

GE

You've been shown and given examples in Scripture and in the creative element ... you just refuse to see it! God Bless, Steven

Steven, what I've seen IMO is Scripture being taken out of context. Let's do it more concisely because it seems I didn't address all the Scriptures you presented and you didn't address all the Scriptures I presented. Would you like to go first with the first passage? I propose we won't move on until each passage is addressed and either is determined to support or not support the idea that money is evil.

God bless,

GE

Very well. Progress. What passage do you present that money is evil (of this world)?

Not to be argumentative nor contrary but you and I can be direct and very specific with one another-> as this is a very important topic as is for the Christian to resolve in ones own heart!

That's clever but not to point nor the directed question to you- were talking about origins in Scripture= 1st seen (wealth, riches, money)-

Is it of God before the fall or after from this world and fallen men's design? Your response please to the question...

Let's use standard basic hermeneutic principles as we go for context... Origins is the most important aspect of this topic and as God has placed His hermeneutic of origins (Genesis) at first so should we... Love, Steven

Psalm 24

1. The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,

The world and those who dwell therein.

1 Corinthians 10

26 for “the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness.”

Deuteronomy 10

14 Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God, also the earth with all that is in it.

Job 41

11 Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him?

Everything under heaven is Mine.

Psalm 50

12 “If I were hungry, I would not tell you;

For the world is Mine, and all its fullness.

Psalm 89

11 The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours;

The world and all its fullness, You have founded them.

Psalm 24

1 Corinthians 10

Deuteronomy 10

14 Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God, also the earth with all that is in it.

Job 41

Psalm 50

Psalm 89

Here's what these verses are saying God created all that is here... except sin that is of the devil...

all these verses are proclaiming that truth God The Creator ... we are inquiring of Scripture the origin of

financial system where we take what is accepted as currency, money, wealth a monetary system of

the world... where do we see it first in Scripture?

Psalm 24

1 Corinthians 10

Deuteronomy 10

Job 41

Psalm 50

Psalm 89

Here's what these verses are saying God created all that is here... except sin that is of the devil...

all these verses are proclaiming that truth God The Creator ... we are inquiring of Scripture the origin of

financial system where we take what is accepted as currency, money, wealth a monetary system of

You are correct..........."all" that is here.

Psalm 24

1 Corinthians 10

Deuteronomy 10

Job 41

Psalm 50

Psalm 89

You are correct..........."all" that is here.

Common man we need to reason here! Sin is here is that God's? Did God create that?

Common man we need to reason here! Sin is here is that God's? Did God create that?

The discussion is money, not sin.

The discussion is money, not sin.

Thats right! However you so easily included money in the 'all' God created a very sloppy hermeneutic

that cannot be accepted as valid till it is proved by Scripture that God designed the monetary system

of money (origins)!