• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Speaking of slippery slopes...

If God had created other planets with intelligent life (such as ours) it is logical to assume that He would have had to visit each planet and die on the cross for the sins of each.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

Greetings Slippery Slope,

So you are asking CHRISTIANS to give you some PROOF, or at least logical reasoning WHY GOD........? whatever, without resorting to the REVEALED Word of God in which we trust and believe to be the truth. Isn't that rather INANE? May we Christians now impose upon you the same prohibition, that you cannot reference ANY of your "authorities" to support YOUR beliefs? Personally I do not believe you have the knowledge or experience and expertise to have personally validated your own convictions. You have presupposed that what you have been taught by Darwin, et al, that what they say is TRUE and thus you RELY upon THEM. So HOW can WE CHRISTIANS do any less?

How about we start with the beginning? Can YOU tell me what is the "FIRST CAUSE"? Please do not cite others, but tell me in your own words, from your OWN experience and PERSONAL knowledge what that "FIRST CAUSE" might be. Please use good logical reasoning.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

No Ernie, I am not asking for any type of proof from Christians. That is an excercise in futility because there hasn't yet been found any proof of anything related to God. You might be able to prove that someone or some place mentioned in the Bible existed but that is the topic of another discussion.

What I'm asking here is, do Christians believe that God created the infinite Universe and everything in it and then created life on one single planet?

Mr&Mrs Mike Irish:

Theories on evolution (Darwin or otherwise) have nothing to do with creation. You can certainly believe in creation AND evolution both since one talks about how the universe (and life) came to be and the other talks about Biological evolution, which is, as I understand it, loosely defined as descent with modification through genetic inheritance or the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations. You could believe that God created everything, set it all in motion and let things take shape from there.

-SS

Edited by Slippery Slope

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  872
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/24/1981

If God had created other planets with intelligent life (such as ours) it is logical to assume that He would have had to visit each planet and die on the cross for the sins of each.

LOL! Bagsie not doing *that* job!

hehe. Actually, this argument is non-sequitor, unless it is impossible for the beings he creates not to sin.

However, if it is impossible for his creation not to sin, why did he create us in such a way that this was impossible, and also, why hold us accountable? Anyway, just some thoughts!

• Group:  Royal Member

LOL! Bagsie not doing *that* job!

hehe. Actually, this argument is non-sequitor, unless it is impossible for the beings he creates not to sin.

However, if it is impossible for his creation not to sin, why did he create us in such a way that this was impossible, and also, why hold us accountable? Anyway, just some thoughts!

Actually, you're right. It's a non-sequitor.

But the Bible teaches that all of creation fell with Adam. So if God had created intelligent life on other planets, then they would have fallen into sin because oaf Adam's transgression. Because the Bible teaches that Adam was the root of all creation, having God's authority over all creation, his sin passed on to all of creation. Therefore, logically Christ would have to have displayed His death before each and every created being.

We could go on with the "what ifs" until our faces turn blue. But the fact of the matter, as I see it, is that Earth is the center of God's creation and it does not stand to Biblically guided logic that there is intelligent life in other galaxies.

Make sense, or is that clear as mud? I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. lol.

Also, it is important to note that God did not create us in such a way that it is impossible to sin. He created us with a free will to choose between good and evil. It would be unrighteous of God to have created us without free will.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Slippery Slope,

What I'm asking here is, do Christians believe that God created the infinite Universe and everything in it and then created life on one single planet?

Those who believe in the innerancy of the Holy Scriptures find nothing in them that would elude to "life on other planets". There IS "life" elsewhere, but we call them angels and demons and God and His Son. These things we know for certain, all else is speculation.

Let me speculate on this:

It seems to me that aetheistic scientists go from what is UNKNOWN to somehow come up with the KNOWN, whereas, Christians, come from what is KNOWN in the revealed Word of God to understand the UNKNOWN. Does that sound like a valid comparison of our individual investigations into creation?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Scientific Atheist,

Absolutely no offense intended, but your "unspiritual" mind cannot understand the "spiritual" things of God, for He is "spirit", and those who worship Him, worship Him in "spirit" and in truth:

1 Cor 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Don't these verses identify you EXACTLY? You see, all your questions are readily answered within the pages of the Bible, IF only you had the ears to hear them.

God CAN AND DOES "hold you accountable" because He has revealed His Son to you, who died on the cross and was raised on the third day of His OWN will and set purpose. If you gave reasonable search to answering whether this event DID occur, your conclusion would be either that Jesus is a nut case, or He IS who He says He is, and that is "God revealed to man". This is the ONE particular, MOST IMPORTANT event that has ever occurred among us to PROVE that Jesus is the Son of God, that God indeed is real, and that there were thousands upon thousands who witnessed Jesus in person and numerous books have been written about HIM by both believers AND "detractors".

I say "detractors", because there are MANY who DO believe that Jesus is who HE claims to be, but yet ignores Him or refuses to listen to Him, so that they can go about doing "their own thing", without becoming a "servant" of Him.

Romans 1:21-22 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

I don't think YOU fall under this category, but I could be wrong. You are simply blinded by your "scientific" worldview. But do you see why I call them "detractors"?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie