• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1988

Update:

Had a few bad days with anxiety but it is midterm week. I am doing very well right now so thanks to everyone who is praying. I'm going to ask my psychiatrist on Halloween about anti-anxiety drugs. Meanwhile I'm hoping the school's academic counsellor can help me deal with some on my essay writing and studying anxiety. I am also making some majoy life changes. I've been realizing that ignoring and fighting my bipolar moods and anxiety only works for so long and then results in crisis moments where I either want to die or hurt myself. That is no way to live. I am going to start taking only 1 semester of school per year-4 months becasue I love learning. I also want to be able to start putting into practice what i am learning in the classroom. So 6 months gives me enough time for a vacation which I have never had and I can get a part time job that allows me time off for my sick days. Going to school 8 months of the year and working fulltime for 4 months no break is not possible for me in my condition. Finally learning to be me. And my parents are so amazing and supportive. Started to realize that anxiety is the body's way of communicating with me. Some anxiety is good- like over exciting events, etc...Midterms are kinds scary for anyone. But extreme anxiety is also warning signs that you need to stop or change something in your life. Ignoring the warning signs and driving straight through the stop sign leads to a crash and burn out. I am really loving my faith based support group for mood disorders called Living Room. I wiould really love to start one up with my Mom where I live in a small town. It really needs one.

• Group:  Junior Member

Okay, mood has dropped in last week quite a bit. I watch a lot of improv comedy on my laptop to escape it. What do other people do to relieve themselves of extreme anxiety-mine usually takes the form of my arms hurting so much they feel like they are on fire,kinda like when I has shingles but without the rash- and depression.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the prayers. They mean so much. You have no idea. I'm doing very well this week! =D

My mood dropped yesterday. Strange feeling but its almost like I can feel all my energy slowly leaking out my feet, leaving you exhausted. It's not the depression that makes me anxious or sad though. It took me a long time to learn that. Depression just means I need extra sleep and I cannot do very much without becoming emotionally and physically exhausted so I need to really limit what I do to what I feel is the most important. It also affects my moods so I'm kinda annoyed that the bathroom isn;t cleaned again though I'm trying to let it go. If I could curl up by a fire with hot chocolate and whipping cream doing a puzzle with my 2 dogs I would be happy. The anxiety comes when I try to keep up with all my prior commitments. I finished my last reading report today. That's all I figured I had to do. Everything else can wait. And I was going to give myself off homework tomorrow anyways. Wednesday I'll see what I feel up too. If I don't take on too much I dont freak out and lose it. Just a long process of learning to pull back, not something our culture does a lot. Doing less kinda aligns me a bit more with Jesus though. Even just doing a puzzle with my Christian music, I feel a lot closer to him than through all the busyness. So my mood right now is pretty low but so long as I realize I don't NEED to do anything, I won't be overwhelmed and start crying. Depression is a lot less scarier when you pull back. I was pretty anxious this morning. Tomorrow I should be fine because I'll I have to do is go to classes and I'll feel so happy handing in all my homework I got done during the week, my hard work payed off-could not have done it without God. Wednesday I'll have to sit down, access my mood and figure out what I can handle in terms of upcoming homework. Please pray for me this week! I want to stay close to God this week and not let depression put a wall between us like I have allowed it to do in the past.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I'm going to be honest here and I hope it doesn't come across as rude because I don't mean to be. But in my opinion, I think you are too focused on yourself and your diagnoses. My advice would be to go out and serve your community with volunteer services, pray for others, participate in church activities. Do something that gets your mind off yourself. Mental disorders are selfish. They want to consume your every thought. But the Lord tells us to take every thought captive. I suffer from mental illness so I know how debilitating it is. Trust me when I say that the more you talk about the disorder, the worse it will get. Each and every day, find JOY and focus on that. :wub:

Here are some verses that have helped me. Write them down on index cards and carry them with you wherever you go.

Casting down imaginations and everything that exaltelt itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.Isaiah 26:3

will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalm 30:1-2

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

Blessings.

:wub:

=D

Edited by shoofly08

Pets are wonderful therapy aren't they? :)

May God bless you and bring you peace. :)