IGNORED

Counter Cult Ministry

Of course I would have to put in my two cents being I was a baptized active JW for 13 years. They train their people not only what to say at doors of unbelievers but what to do in various situations (

actually do skits to act out different problems and how to handle things)..Their faith is not 'part of their lives, but is their lives...(they have meetings 4 nights a week not counting their home studies). So I really don't think that if you were to walk along side them that they would get into a brawl with you. Actually the majority are very sincere people who believe they are trying to help people avoid eternal destruction....as for working for their salvation, they have no promise or guarantee that they will be "remembered and called out to life on paradise earth". The only ones that do are those that believe they are of the 144,000 they are taught will go to heaven. So arguing with them or slamming doors won't win them to Christ neither will walking along side of them. The thing is they are deceived and are under a mind control...They need prayer first and far-most... then they need questions that will make them think on their own and maybe question their teachings. They are taught not to take anything (literature) from other faiths (or Christian-dumb) what they jokingly call Christendom.

The Christian Avon lady that God sent to minister to me would ask me questions before she would leave and not wait for me to answer so I would think and have to research (example: if the Holy Spirit is just an active force that Jehovah uses why does scripture say not to " grieve him?"....she would always come prepared with a new question to leave me with and after much prayer.

I could go on and on with things but won't. Just that there are many that the enemy has blinded the eyes of... pray for them, that the Lord will send the right person that will present the glorious Good News to them in a way that they will be able to see the truth about Jesus Christ the living Word.. "And the Word was God" John 1:1.

love in Christ

Treasured

Just so you know, my OP was not about walking along with JWs to concert them etc, but to offer a counterpoint to those they witnessed to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Of course I would have to put in my two cents being I was a baptized active JW for 13 years. They train their people not only what to say at doors of unbelievers but what to do in various situations (

actually do skits to act out different problems and how to handle things)..Their faith is not 'part of their lives, but is their lives...(they have meetings 4 nights a week not counting their home studies). So I really don't think that if you were to walk along side them that they would get into a brawl with you. Actually the majority are very sincere people who believe they are trying to help people avoid eternal destruction....as for working for their salvation, they have no promise or guarantee that they will be "remembered and called out to life on paradise earth". The only ones that do are those that believe they are of the 144,000 they are taught will go to heaven. So arguing with them or slamming doors won't win them to Christ neither will walking along side of them. The thing is they are deceived and are under a mind control...They need prayer first and far-most... then they need questions that will make them think on their own and maybe question their teachings. They are taught not to take anything (literature) from other faiths (or Christian-dumb) what they jokingly call Christendom.

The Christian Avon lady that God sent to minister to me would ask me questions before she would leave and not wait for me to answer so I would think and have to research (example: if the Holy Spirit is just an active force that Jehovah uses why does scripture say not to " grieve him?"....she would always come prepared with a new question to leave me with and after much prayer.

I could go on and on with things but won't. Just that there are many that the enemy has blinded the eyes of... pray for them, that the Lord will send the right person that will present the glorious Good News to them in a way that they will be able to see the truth about Jesus Christ the living Word.. "And the Word was God" John 1:1.

love in Christ

Treasured

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Thanks and God Bless you! It took a lot of courage to say that. I am kind of familliar with that as my first cousin married a JW woman. She and the children never attended any family get togethers parties etc. They were hardly home because they always had a meeting at the "church" I am so glad that you have come to know the truth and were able to escape the false doctrines and It must have been very hard to break away. Peace be with you!

Much love in Christ

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Christians way outnumber Jehovah's witnesses. What would happen, if a few Christians decided that when they see Jehovah's witnesses going door to door, they decided to accompany them on their walks, and provide a balance to what the JWs have to say?

With gentleness and respect of course. The same would go for Mormon missionaries.

They would not go for it. We would be considered antagonistic (which they perceive as affirmation). About the only thing they cannot abide at all is one of their own who turned away from the watchtower to the real truth.

I have a JW in my family. Well till mom divorced him he was in the family. In fact the way she divorced him (took away his dignity) played a role in why my former stepfather will probably never leave the watchtower. She pushed him to the brink of suicide. The day he was going to shoot himself in his rented trailer home, two JW's came a knocking and talked him out of it. So his emotional ties are intensely strong. I tried working on him for years. His son (my half brother) left the watchtower when he was shown the false prophecies of the return of Jesus and the watchtower's resort to making that return invisible being contrary to Matthew 24:26 and all the verses that indicate his return will be quite visible (every eye will see him).

The Witnesses will not accept or allow the accompaniment of anyone they deem is in error. Of course, neither would we.