• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Okay, I tried to remove all of the thread hijacking and posts replying to the thread hijacking, If I removed a post that was to the OP I am sorry pm me and I'll try to fix it!

Guest Nathan21

Ya, I always new that, since I believe the earth wasn't made over billions and billions of years and the light from the stars don't take millions of years to reach earth. I just read the bible to understand how the world was made. The scientists should base their research first on the bible. Instead of trying to find every way to disprove the bible or every way around how God said he created earth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2

Hi everyone,

Can anyone direct me to a refutation by Christian scientists or scientists on the string theory or superstring theory?

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks for the update!

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

UPDATE:

And it's been unconfirmed....

Was speeding neutrino claim a human error?

Updated 12:34 24 February 2012 by Lisa Grossman and Celeste Biever

Speedy neutrinos? Not so fast. The shocking result that neutrinos apparently travelled from Switzerland to Italy faster than the speed of light may have been due to a malfunctioning fibre-optic cable, says OPERA, the Italian collaboration of physicists that made the first, surprising claim.

"If the mistake is confirmed, it was clearly due to a human error," says Luca Stanco, one of 15 members of the 160-strong OPERA collaboration who did not sign their names to the initial report of the results because they considered it too preliminary. "I tried to say, please be more careful," he adds.

The faulty cable suggestion is one of two possible problems with the initial result that OPERA (Oscillation Project with Emulsion-tRacking Apparatus) flagged today. The other would mean the neutrinos travelled even faster than initially thought.

Read on here

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I suspect that all the enthusiasm about Einstein physics not being able to account for everything comes from Young Creationism's hope that there is a scientific explanation for the apparent age and distance of the stars. If there is a loophole and faster than light speed is possible then maybe there is a way for it the stars to have been made in a 24 hour day. Is that not what is behind this discussion? Okay so neutrinos can go faster than light. Some evidence suggests that cosmic rays can also. The one thing that does not go faster than light IS light which seems to be the only standard by which stellar distances and time can be measured .