Guest whatistruth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

SJ, your comments are based on your opinion as mine are of mine based on what we read from scripture.

You have previously said on another topic:

I do come across with a "I'm right you're wrong attitude". The reason for this is that I believe whole-heartedly that I'm right.

Given that I now know this about you I respectfully will have to agree to disagree with you on this subject. :huh:

You're looking at my comments in a vacuum KMB. If you want, I can post scripture too. The fact is, I've studied on this issue and do find it essential. Likewise, you took my quote out of context as I was refering to essentials, not to everything. Nice try though. I love how when people have nothing else to say they try and make it personal. :)

Look, brother, I am aware of the context in which you posted those comments however I feel you assert otherwise in most of your posts, essential or not. I was not trying to make it personal, merely trying to keep the thread from getting too heated. I don't need you to post scripture, this debate has gone on many times before. I used to believe OSAS and know the scripture used to "support" it if you will. I have plenty to say on the subject but will not proceed by getting to an arguement with someone who believes that they know all truth and everyone that disagree's with them is wrong.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

The fact is, I've studied on this issue and do find it essential.

So your research makes you right & everyone else wrong.....do you see the arrogance in that statement Joel :huh: Is there a chance you..... could be wrong ? :x:

I realize there's an absolute chance I could be wrong. However, when debating theology and the like, there is a chance anything could be wrong. My belief that Jesus is the only way to heaven could be wrong. However, I do find the belief in eternal security as a vital belief, thus I will defend it with zeal. I have studied the issue deeply and believe that even though I could be wrong, the evidence is highly in my favor.

Now, instead of directing your focus to me, could we please get back to the issues?

My belief that Jesus is the only way to heaven could be wrong.

:huh:

It could. While I believe evidence and faith make this "could be" statement highly unlikely, there is a possibility we could be wrong. If there were no possibility for this, then there would be absolutely no need for faith. Having faith is accepting the fact that we could be wrong.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Well, no it can't since it's in the Bible :huh:

Now, instead of directing your focus to me, could we please get back to the issues?

Hey, you're the once that made an arrogant statement....if you don't want someone calling you out on it, don't say it :)

God bless,

Bob

It could. While I believe evidence and faith make this "could be" statement highly unlikely, there is a possibility we could be wrong. If there were no possibility for this, then there would be absolutely no need for faith. Having faith is accepting the fact that we could be wrong.

You do believe the bible is the ultimate authority right? Does it not say that Jesus is The way, The truth and The life and no one goes to the Father except by Him?

Well, no it can't since it's in the Bible :huh:

Hey, you're the once that made an arrogant statement....if you don't want someone calling you out on it, don't say it :)

God bless,

Bob

First, even what is in the Bible could be false Bob. WE have to accept the fact that we could be wrong.

Secondly, arrogant according to you Bob. You'd be wise to leave this discussion if you're only going to result to personal attacks, especially as a monitor.

First, even what is in the Bible could be false Bob. WE have to accept the fact that we could be wrong.

I guess that answers my question....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I would've liked to participate in this thread and discuss the topic..but it looks like I won't be able to do so if it's already getting personal. How did this topic end up about Super Jew?

You do believe the bible is the ultimate authority right? Does it not say that Jesus is The way, The truth and The life and no one goes to the Father except by Him?

Of course I do. But even the Bible could be wrong. I don't believe it is and will defend it's infalliblity to the death, however this doesn't change the fact that it could all be wrong.