Stuck

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What about hearing God telling me that I was supposed to be this man's perfect mate in church?

Please share what you mean by "God telling you."

In our fallen word, it's easy to inject our own thoughts and feelings into what the Lord is saying. And even the most prophetic people will encourage you to seek confirmation on anything they tell you.

But if it truly was the voice of the Lord speaking this to you, do you not think your number one prayer ought to be for this man's salvation? You see, if you develop a relationship with him in his unsaved state, you are opening the door to a world of hurt. Sure, your friend has a working marriage, but that doesn't mean the unequal yoking spiritually isn't causing stress. I've listened to many women with unsaved husbands crying out their pain over the matter.

So this is my advice and encouragement to you.

1. Intercede first and foremost for his salvation, that he would fall head-over-heals in love for Jesus. (Rather than praying about him falling in love with your. If the word was from the Lord, that's a given you need to stand on, not plead and pray for and fret over.) PRAY FOR HIS SALVATION WITH NO THOUGHT FOR YOURSELF.

2. Seek confirmation of the word.

I have been praying for his salavation because I know the only person who can save him was God and I feel like God is telling me he will have to break him in unorder to do so, but I always make sure to confirm it because I have been led astray by my thoughts before and I find it hard to listen to God's voice sometimes because I don't know if its my thoughts messing with me or God. I've been praying for an answer to my question if it is God's will for us to be together, but I don't know if God reveals to a believer that their future spouse is currently unsaved but tells them ahead of time that they will be saved. As for God telling me, I was in church with a completely blank mind focused on the service and I heard this small slow voice echo in my head that I will be this man's perfect mate. I was a little freaked out and told my christian friend becca and she said it could be God but pray to make sure.

Thank you for advice, I will change my praying style to pray that he is saved and leave my question out of it. I just don't understand why a God who loves everyone would tell you to not marry an unbeliever. I've read through this subject alot and I know a lot of christians say the answer is no. I'm just having trouble accepting the "no" concept.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Ashwise,

The joining of yourself to another is perhaps the second greatest decision you can make! The first is of course 'what do we do Jesus The Son of God... Paul in Spirit directed advice says abstain if you can from marring BUT

1 Co 7:8-9

8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

NKJV

but as Candice has said 'NOT to an unbeliever'

2 Co 6:14-18

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them and walk among them.I will be their God,And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord.Do not touch what is unclean,And I will receive you." 18 'I will be a Father to you,And you shall be My sons and daughters,Says the Lord Almighty."

NKJV

there are many gods both made of hands and heart... The real relationship with The One True God is formed by meeting Him in His Word and Learning His likes and dislikes and making them our own by the power of The Holy Spirit. After all -is it not what love dictates to our hearts to love and hate that which our love is sourced in? It is God who has given you your needs. Do not let your desires motivate you to fulfill those apart from Him it will destroy that one area in which you do!

I will tell you this by reading your leanings I think you are in great danger of making a god from your heart that will serve you / instead of serving the God of The Bible! Prayed.... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just don't understand why a God who loves everyone would tell you to not marry an unbeliever. I've read through this subject alot and I know a lot of christians say the answer is no. I'm just having trouble accepting the "no" concept.

Blessings!

"No"'s are for things that will be harmful.

Yes, God loves everyone, but that doesn't make everyone safe. He loves the rapist and the murderer, after-all.

The husband is the spiritual head of the wife. If your spiritual head is out of fellowship with the Lord, where does that leave you? If his heart is not set on the Lord and the things of the Lord, how can that not hurt your own seeking after the Lord?

I understand the longing for a love relationship, and the longing for one you so love. The Lord made me wait a long time, but fortunately He never let me be in contact with the man He meant for me until after he had been broken, although ironically we had belonged to the same church (mega church) and knew several of the same people. The years of waiting, not knowing him until we were ready for each other, has been worth the years of being single. If we had been in relationship earlier, we would have seriously hurt each other and been living broken lives in a broken relationship.

But having waited on the Lord and for His timing and His desire, we are ministering to each other.

There is something very special about a man who prays for you, prays over you, and prays with you. You do want this, don't you?

As hard as it is to wait and remain separate, you need to trust that it is for the best - for your best.

Prayers.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Ashwise,

Nothing is impossible for God. Listen to His guidance and follow what He tells you.

I would ask you to consider the following:

1. I disagree with anyone who uses the 'yoked' text. The 'yoked' verse from 2 Corinthians is not talking about marriage. That is clear from the context and Paul's conclusions.

2. I agree that the heartache of married couples that are spiritually uneven can be terrible.

2a. However, are Christian divorce rates any better than non-Christian? Do Christian marriages never suffer heartache?

2b. All marriages face trials! Paul wrote about this in 1 Cor 7:28.

3. I agree with anyone who says you should avoid marrying a non-believer. You need to be able to share faith. What is more important?

I believe I have understanding for your situation. Be strong in your faith and don't hide it from this man. If God will save him, then let God do that, first. It is certainly possible that he will be saved and that he could be your husband in the future.

Edited by Bocan

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, every1's rite bout the bible.. BUt here's something new.. What would Jesus do if he were in ur position? U think he'd want u 2 walk away?? I understand that u really like Him, but u gotta do God's will 1st. He would want 4 u 2 talk to this guy & give him the plan of salvation.. He'd want u 2 save this guy's soul 1st..