WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,452
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

A new national survey of Republicans indicates that it's basically all tied up between Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, with Gingrich on the rise and businessman Herman Cain falling due to the sexual harassment allegations he's been facing the past two weeks.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/politicalticker-blogs-cnn-com-2011-11-14-cnn-poll-gingrich-soars-cain-drops--hpt-hp_t2/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have my doubts about this.

It's a CNN poll - not exactly the voice of Conservatives.

The CNN poll director is the one who interpreted the reason for Cain dropping in the polls.

Plus we knew from the last election that Liberals registered GOP in order to push McCain to the top. I even heard a group of Liberals at a party plotting similar action this election.

Thus, I am thinking the Liberals are wanting Gingrich to take the lead.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I have not posted on here in a while, but here is my 2 cents worth. The Obama camp would love to run against Cain. He would be the Republican's George McGovern. Everyone outside of the core Republican base believes that Cain is a clown and not in anyway presidential material. Gingrich is a walking negative ad, a narcissist that worships his own ideas, and would be lucky to get 25% of the women vote should he get the nomination.

In my opinion, Huntsman is the strongest candidate for a general election, but the Republican Primary electorate doesn't seem to like the guy. That said, I think if he were somehow to end up with the nomination he would win by a landslide against Obama in 2012. Romney is the most likely candidate. His problem is that he is quite the flip flopper. However, given the state of the economy and how unlikely it is to improve that much over the next year, I would imagine that Romney will win in 2012 should he get the nomination.

What most people want right now is a pragmatist that will get in there and fix things.

Well, welcome back, Forrest.

We were wondering when you were going to "surprisingly" show up again to promote the Liberal campaign.

Well, welcome back, Forrest.

We were wondering when you were going to "surprisingly" show up again to promote the Liberal campaign.

My wife reads the boards every once in a while. She said you guys thought I was a mole or something. I don't see how pointing out that Romney and Huntsman are the most electable is "promoting the liberal campaign". Romney may be a flip flopper, but he is not a liberal, and Huntsman's record as governor of Utah was solidly conservative.

When you enter come one board at the beginning or during the election campaigning, interact exclusively or almost exclusively on the political threads, and then disappear just after the elections are over, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If it walks like a duck....

What is your evidence?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I think the msm is driving a lot of what is ongoing with the GOP candidates in order to discredit them and help reelect Obama.

If there was an ounce of integrity in the media they would report the facts on both parties and let the chips fall where they will.

As for the candidates, I will not vote for Romney nor Huntsman. I do not see Romney as conservative, and Huntsman does not stand a chance. The Libs would love to see someone get the GOP nod that they can pick apart.

Cain is having a problem with accusations, Newt has baggage and Bachmann, Santorum and Paul can not get enough votes to boost them to the top, IMO. So therein lies the conservative dilemma, as I see it.

When you enter come one board at the beginning or during the election campaigning, interact exclusively or almost exclusively on the political threads, and then disappear just after the elections are over, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If it walks like a duck....

What is your evidence?

I joined the boards in 2005. I last posted here sometime in 2009, well after the election. I don't normally get that interested in politics other than in election years as usually I am more into what are kids have going on (baseball, soccer, upward bound basketball, scouts), work, running, and cycling. That's why I go for long periods without posting. Moreover, you guys sometimes are not very friendly to those that have differing opinions. Just the same, I don't really get why I am suppose to be some "liberal mole" as what would be the point. I am just saying that Cain, Perry, Bachmann, Paul, Santorum, and Gingrich are all unelectable in the general election. I don't think that any of them would get more than 40% of the vote, and that's in a year that the Republicans ought to win easily. I said the same thing about Palin in 2008, and I was right.

The country is a mess right now. There is no doubt about that, and we need someone that is a serious, knowledgeable, pragmatic leader to get us out of it. There are some guys out there that are not running that fit that bill. Guys like Mitch Daniels or Chris Christie. However, of the candidates that are actually running, there are two that could actually win in 2012, and that might could help get us out of this mess we are in, Romney and Huntsman. Of those two, I think Huntsman is absolutely brilliant, principled, but not divisive, and would win in a landslide. However, if the Republican base doesn't want him, then that leaves Romney as their only electable candidate.

The hardcore left figured out a long time ago that the majority of the country does not share their views and thus they cannot expect to win with a candidate that is a hardcore liberal. You don't see Democrats nominating Bernie Sanders or Dennis Kucinich as their parties nominee in presidential elections. The hardcore right needs to figure out the same thing. Most people are fairly moderate, they are not that ideological. They don't despise the current president, they don't believe he is a communist, they don't question his citizenship, or think he is some horrible person. In fact, most people out there on a personal level like him. However, they believe that he is not up to the task of getting our country out of the mess that its in. The people out there that believe the president is a communist, or not an American citizen, or a muslim, or whatever, are in the minority. So you are not going to get a candidate that can win that shares those views. If I am some kind of a liberal mole for pointing out the obvious here, then so be it.

This is hilarious!!! A mole is mentioned, and you come back automatically assuming you were the one being talked about! Fantastic! I am the one that brought up the subject and since then it seems like people have cropped up like daisies thinking I was talking about them. You were not the person I was referring to. But as neb said, your timing is ironic.

Well it's good to see that you don't think I am some kind of a mole. ;)

This is hilarious!!! A mole is mentioned, and you come back automatically assuming you were the one being talked about! Fantastic! I am the one that brought up the subject and since then it seems like people have cropped up like daisies thinking I was talking about them. You were not the person I was referring to. But as neb said, your timing is ironic.

Well it's good to see that you don't think I am some kind of a mole. ;)

:24: :24: :24:

Welcome Back Beloved~!