• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Moreover, you guys sometimes are not very friendly to those that have differing opinions.

From what I've seen, what we've said to those of differing opinions are feathers compared to what I see Liberals saying about and to those of differing opinions.

Just saying.

I am just saying that Cain, Perry, Bachmann, Paul, Santorum, and Gingrich are all unelectable in the general election. I don't think that any of them would get more than 40% of the vote, and that's in a year that the Republicans ought to win easily. I said the same thing about Palin in 2008, and I was right.

During the GOP nomination run, I recall you declaring McCain to be the best chance for the GOP to beat Obama.

So to dissect your claims:

Everyone outside of the core Republican base believes that Cain is a clown and not in anyway presidential material.

What is your evidence for this? From which source(s) do you base this claim?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Forrest shows back up for the election just in time to tell us Conservatives who to vote for. :huh: Go figure.:noidea::laugh:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

This kind of talk makes me want to leave until the election is over. Or bang my head against a brick wall, I don't know which.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Candice, how would you feel if a group of Aussie's came on Board during your election season singing the praises of your PM, acting like she was the best thing since sliced bread, and criticized you for criticizing her illegal behavior?

That's a taste of how we feel.

We know a huge number of Liberals stacked the deck to make sure McCain won the GOP nomination.

We know ACORN and who knows what else actually did send out moles to places like this to influence the campaign.

There comes a point where enough is enough.

Edited by nebula

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

This kind of talk makes me want to leave until the election is over. Or bang my head against a brick wall, I don't know which.

Here, here!

I just realized the irony of what I have been reading today regarding the 2012 elections.

Obama sent a delegation to Bill Clinton to get info from him on how to get re-elected, so he

knows his run is in the tank based on the economy etc. See it here;

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Obama-Bill-Clinton-Advice/2011/11/15/id/418122

At the same time the GOP can not get it together and find one worthy person to run.

That leaves the field wide open. If one person noteworthy person should suddenly come on the scene

they would be swamped with requests to run, regardless of party!

Praying for that worthy person.

Guest shiloh357

Well, welcome back, Forrest.

We were wondering when you were going to "surprisingly" show up again to promote the Liberal campaign.

My wife reads the boards every once in a while. She said you guys thought I was a mole or something.

I doubt it. There is no way she could have gotten that from the conversation. Either she needs to work on her reading comprehension or you need a more believable pretext for jumping in to talk about the elections. The truth is what it is. You only show up before an election. It is constant pattern.

Moreover, you guys sometimes are not very friendly to those that have differing opinions.
It's the liberals who have been demonizing anyone who opposes Obama on any point of policy as a racist. It is the liberals who paint the Tea Party as racist despite the fact that they cannot point to any meaningful act of racism. People like you don't seem to mind when we are the one getting slammed that kind of nonsense and then you whine like a little drama queen about us??? We can't hold a candle next to the invectives and vitriol that the liberals spew.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

During the GOP nomination run, I recall you declaring McCain to be the best chance for the GOP to beat Obama.

Of the candidates at the time, prior to the nomination, McCain did have the best chance. If you remember, 2008 was a terrible year for Republicans, so no Republican had a very good chance of prevailing. However, the only 2 candidates at the time that had even a remote chance was McCain and Romney, and Romney's problem at the time (and the same problem today) was that he was seen as a flip flopper. Obama ran a stellar campaign in 2008 and won by a large margin. McCain ran a poor campaign in the fall, chose a running mate that had no appeal outside of the conservative base, and made some huge misstates in the wake of the financial crisis in October of 2008. That said, had everyone known ahead of time there would have been a worldwide financial crisis in the fall of 2008, Romney may have been a better choice then because he would have been seen as a stronger candidate on the economy than McCain. Just the same, most likely no Republican candidate could have won in 2008.

So to dissect your claims:

What is your evidence for this? From which source(s) do you base this claim?

For starters he is the joke of every late night comedy show. Real Clear Politics in their rolling poll average has him 8.9% behind Obama (and most of the polls were prior to Cain's latest pathetic performance in an interview being asked about whether he supported Obama's policies on Libya).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

Cain has a favorability rating of just 32%.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57319580-503544/herman-cain-favorability-falls-behind-romney-after-scandal-poll-shows/

The guy is literally a joke. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7388265n He makes Sarah Palin look like William F. Buckley. Moreover, I don't think even he considers himself a serious candidate and is just in this to sell books. He doesn't have much a campaign on the ground in early primary states, what little campaign he does have does a terrible job responding to scandals, and he doesn't even campaign that much in the early primary states. The guy is just the latest "Anybody but Romney" to rise and fall.

Sis,

Go back and check Forrests posts.:thumbsup:

It's not mean spirited at all. It's merely a pattern that anyone reading the Boards can discern.

In fact, I'll give Yod his props. He predicted this would happen. In fact he predicted that Forrest himself would show back up and begin to campaign for Obama.:thumbsup: Yod nailed it.:wub:

At least forrest is consistent and admits what he is doing.

Some of these folks merely come on threads start an argument and then when replied to report the thread and have it shut down so as to shut down dissent to their opinion.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Also if you don't believe me, then look at what Nate Silver is predicting. Nate Silver has shown himself over the last few elections to be the best statistician out there in terms of predicting election results. He correctly predicted the election results for 49 of 50 states in 2008.

He has a really cool model you can play with at the Times website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silveris

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/03/magazine/538-gdp-election-calculator.html?ref=magazine

According to his analysis, given what the CBO is predicting for economic growth in 2012, Huntsman and Romney have the best chance of beating Obama. In fact, unless we slide into another recession rather than just have poor economic growth, they are the only 2 candidates that will beat Obama.