Feeling Like Giving Up

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with the whole Faith thing. I beleieve God has placed a certain someone in my life and I feel like he wants me to be with this person, but in reality it feels like this man dose not reciprocate my feelings because I feel he is being closed minded and somewhat stuck in the past because we have had a history of conflicts. I have given him space but today as I was talking to him I accidently invited him to see a local band with me and I got turned down and its bothering me. If God is telling me we are supposed to be together than why in reality dose it feel likes its the opposite? I'm trying to figure out if God is trying to close this door or he is trying to teach me a lesson in patience because i feel impatient and frustrated with the whole situation.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hey ashwise! I'm learning to let go and let God. I'm learning that he is in control, and when I try to force things (people, relationships) it's my will and it never turns out well??? Blessings!!!

Thanks for responding and for the prayers Fresno Joe. Socal Jerry, I can totally relate to you and maybe that's my problem, not letting go and letting God. Thanks for the awesome advice! I think the hard part is actually letting go and reminding yourself that God is in control because the outward forces can be discouraging at times.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Ash, is this about your male friend who is not a believer? emot-hug.gif

Yes :b: But I have found out he has a girlfriend so its completely in God's hands...

Edited by ashwise

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope with the whole Faith thing. I beleieve God has placed a certain someone in my life and I feel like he wants me to be with this person, but in reality it feels like this man dose not reciprocate my feelings because I feel he is being closed minded and somewhat stuck in the past because we have had a history of conflicts. I have given him space but today as I was talking to him I ntroaccidently invited him to see a local band with me and I got turned down and its bothering me. If God is telling me we are supposed to be together than why in reality dose it feel likes its the opposite? I'm trying to figure out if God is trying to close this door or he is trying to teach me a lesson in patience because i feel impatient and frustrated with the whole situation.

it is time to pray, and wait God put everything in order. God is in control.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Yes :b: But I have found out he has a girlfriend so its completely in God's hands...

I'm glad you see this, ashwise, and it's time you realize that you don't have to settle or be yoked to an unbeliever. You're special to Him and you will find a man who regards you the same way. Praying for you, sister.

Thanks for all of your responses. :wub: