cherylu

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

One of the things that I do is shop throughout the year. If my shopping isn't done by the beginning of November, then I hurry it up before Thanksgiving. Shopping online some helps quite a bit with this. Since I don't do Black Friday shopping, I try to get all of my Christmas cards done then. I usually buy them online in October and make sure to stock up on stamps, too. I try to keep up with cleaning year-round, so there isn't really anything extra to do there. Decorating is usually done the first weekend in December and only takes about 2-3 hours. I do baking at the last minute so that stuff is fresh. I do all of my wrapping the morning of Christmas Eve, but it's not anything fancy, so it doesn't take me any longer than a couple of hours. In short, I guess that I just try to space stuff out.

Hi Peri,

Spacing stuff out really is a help isn't it?

One of the things that I do too and and have found to be a big help is buying gifts early. Actually, the after Christmas sales and the seasonal (spring and fall) clearance sales can be a very good time to pick up things to use for gifts for the next year. My biggest problem with doing this has been forgetting what I have already bought and finding myself with extra presents for someone come Christmas time! Oh well, often they just become a head start on the next year's gift buying!

Yes, the after Christmas sales and various other sales are great times to shop. I've done the same thing: buying extra presents. I just use them for next year, too, or, if it's a generic enough gift, use it for a gift basket for a new mom in the church or ladies night out giveaway, etc.

BTW Peri,

Welcome to Worthy! Hope this is an enjoyable and profitable place for you to interact.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks, Cherylu.