IGNORED

Christian "Look"

Guest the_Panther

Guest the_Panther

First off I would like to say Thank God for Worthy & for Great Brothers & Sisters who are willing to help others in need....God Bless You All & Again Thank You All So Very Much.

Patrick...A.K.A...the_Panther :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think by us all having different "looks' we can reach out to that many more types of people. I can approach certain people with the Word, and these people might laugh off or ignore someone else. And vice-versa.

I think it is a blessing we are all different. How would we learn anything if we were all the same?? :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I am not posting in line with the other posters. Many times the Lord speaks to us through ministry about a pride issue that is unrelated to the images mentioned.

A tatoo can be covered, and a pierced ear can have the ring removed, but the question is really a heart issue. If you are the servant of Jesus Christ, there is nothing that the Lord might require of you that is too much or too difficult to endure.

We are living in a time where everytime we feel the slightest offense from the preaching someone steps forward to let us know how unfair the ministry is and how we are just fine like we are, and I think a prayerful crying out to the Lord is your best response.

I don't know your heart, but I guarentee you Jesus does, and if personal pride is keeping you from submitting to the Lord fully, then I have no doubt that the Lord will challange you through preaching to submit to them that have the rule over you, for they watch for your soul.

What do you lose to comply? Yet if you follow these mocking remarks, you will not do yourself a good service.

ask the pastor if he is willing to pay the cost for you to have those tatoos removed.

Seeing Christ in you should be enough for them to know who you belong to. Those who cant recognize Him in you, probably dont know Him.

I'd like to see if your pastor calls me a girly-man.

I do not question your faith, but I do question your willingness to serve the Lord in whatever way and in whatever method the Lord has ordained for you. I recommend going to your pastor and discussing with him how you feel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I have 2 earrings in my left ear(2 studs...ones I made and am proud of).

Do you hear the announcement by you of the pride you have in your earrings? Jesus always calls to us in the area of our need, and humility is in removing the earrings, while pride is in retaining them, the choice is yours.

Strangely, others might be fine with earrings, but if it is sin to you, it is sin, and the issue is not the earrings, but the pride that resists the pastor's message, and I think that you are convicted, but you have viewed it as offended through reasoning.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What do you lose to comply? Yet if you follow these mocking remarks, you will not do yourself a good service.

I'm sorry but I am going to have to disagree with you here. Why ask him to comply when that isn't even what the pastor was doing himself? He wasn't asking someone to change he was degrading and making jokes at men who have tatoos and earings. That is a big diference! It is one thing if a pastor comes to you personally out of concern. But you will never get the response desired when you make fun of people freely and openly. I don't do this to my children. If I have a concern I go to them personally. Have you heard of passive aggresive? I have seen pastors use the pulpit as a a billy club, not saying this pastor has but I believe if you have something to say to someone then you go to them.

I do agree with you in going to the pastor and sharing your heart though. Share your heart and learn his heart.

JMO. :)

Guest the_Panther

Thank God For Worhty Boards & for All of you Brothers & Sisters whom are willing to respond & Help others in need...Again Thank You All Soooooooooo Much & May God Bless You All.

With Much Love In Christ Our Savior :hug:

Patrick..A.K.A... the_Panther