rejoicevermore

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  230
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Could somebody please explain what this preacher meant by this statement...

Most so-called

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

hahahahaha! ROTF! Do you actually believe that?

Halloween = Hallowed Eve. Hallowed, as in hallowed be thy name as in HOLY. As in HOLY EVE. HALLOWEEN WAS STARTED as a CHRISTIAN Celebration, the night before All Saints Day.

Pr 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:

29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

I wander if some people ever pray for wisdom?

Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

This is what I mean by beating ppl over the heads with scripture and using it against others instead of in combination with grace. You don't use God's Holy Word this way...and then imply something insulting at the end "I wonder if ppl pray for wisdom". Do you not see how much this is lacking grace?

It is so arrogant to assume that just because we do not hold the same conviction about a disputable matter (such as halloween) that we are all unwise. This simply isn't true. Do you know my heart? Do you know what I pray for? No. You don't. You are making a judgment which you are not qualified or informed enough to make.

Of course I pray for wisdom...but even beyond that, I pursue it. According to Proverbs, wisdom must be sought after and along with it understanding. Apparently you can have alot of wisdom and still not be understanding:

"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it costs all you have, get understanding." Proverbs 4:7

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-5

So yes....I would encourage everyone to not only pray for wisdom, but pursue it. Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring conviction to your heart and show you what is right for YOU. On disputable matters such as this, don't be enslaved by someone else's conviction. Do not allow them to place that yoke upon you. SEEK GOD FOR YOURSELF.

The preacher does magic tricks as a way of introducing the gospel.

When preacher starts with witchcraft power, magic and tricks, playing cards, etc. You think Holly Spirit will switch after to continue His Holy works, convicting, converting the souls of the sinners? Why Christian so naive? Are they bewitch? May be your preacher should do differant wonders if he has a faith? Heal the sick? Cast out demons and such..?

Ro 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Ro 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Ro 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

Mt 11:5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

About bracelet with the faith message. Do you really believe in charms?

Ro 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of Go

Eze 13:18And say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew pillows to all armholes and fasten magic, protective charms to all wrists, and deceptive veils upon the heads of those of every stature to hunt and capture human lives! Will you snare the lives of My people to keep your own selves alive?

"Witchcraft" as defined in Webster's Dictionary, is "the power or practice of witches; black magic; sorcery."

Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary says,

WITCH - a person who professes or is supposed to practice MAGIC, esp. black magic or the black art; SORCERESS; a person who uses a diving rod; to BEWITCH, CHARM.

SORCERER - a person who practices sorcery; black magician, wizard. One who casts lots.

SORCERESS - a woman who practices sorcery; witch.

SORCERY - the art, practices, or SPELLS of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic; witchery syn: ENCHANTMENT, see magic.

MAGIC - the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, legerdemain, CONJURING.

-- the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of INCANTATION or various other techniques that presumably assure human CONTROL of supernatural agencies or the forces of NATURE.

-- magic, it was believed, could drive illness from the body. Any extraordinary or mystical influence, charm, power, etc.; mysteriously enchanting; witchcraft, enchantment; magic is an art employing some occult force of nature:

-- sorcery, originally divination by casting lots, came to mean supernatural knowledge gained through the aid of evil spirits and often used for evil ends.

-- witchcraft suggests a malign kind of magic, often used against innocent victims.

Exodus 22:18 in the King James Version says,

"Thou shalt not suffer a WITCH to live..."

Strong's Concordance definition for WITCH (number 3784) says,

"A prim. Root; prop. To whisper a SPELL, i.e. to INCHANT or practice MAGIC - SORCERER, (use) WITCH(-craft)."

Number 3785 says, "from 3784; MAGIC; SORCERY, WITCHCRAFT"

Based on the definitions of 3784, Exodus 22:18 can also be read as,

Thou shalt not suffer a person doing SPELLS to live.

Thou shalt not suffer an INCHANTOR to live.

Thou shalt not suffer a MAGICIAN to live.

Thou shalt not suffer a SORCERER to live.

Thou shalt not suffer a WITCH to live.

Ignore me all you want, but I speak the truth. Most of what you post is driven by a spirit of fear...fear of the occult...fear of satanism...fear of witchcraft....fear of demons....

You spend so much time focusing on darkness it appears you've lost sight of the Light. Apparently the witch hunts aren't over, because you seem to be hunting them and "finding" them behind every phrase, every disease, every symbol.

Please stop enslaving ppl with this message of fear and bondage to laws. Why will you not use discernment? Why will you not encourage ppl to listen to the Holy Spirit for themselves? Why will not discuss the positive things of God more than you talk about darkness and it's "dangers"?

I'm saying this with as much love as possible right now, but I'm saying it because it concerns me. Your message is unbalanced. Please stop. I'd encourage you to do a study on grace and peace. You seem to know scriptures...why not post about something positive like grace? Or kindness? Or hope? Or serving others? Instead of posting all about the "hidden dangers" we should be avoiding....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Rejoice...I hope someday you discover grace.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I was saved two weeks before Halloween 2003. I wanted to learn everything I could about the One who had bought me, so I began to devour any information about Him I could get my hands on.

After praying at a Christian bookstore that He would lead me to the books He would have me read, I picked a few out and went up to the counter.

I saw several fall-colored magazines and such at the counter, but an orange pamphlet caught my eye, "The Facts on: HALLOWEEN".

Halloween had been my favorite holiday before I got saved... I was taking steps toward the occult (Harry Potter, Anne Rice's trash), and the whole thing held a wicked attraction for me.

After meeting my Lord, however, everything changed! I had not known how to explain it, but something about Halloween had begun to bother me. I picked up the pamphlet.

I read it, and was absolutely shocked. I would recommend that every born-again Christian read it. I got online and did some more research.

One of the first big tests of my faith came in my decision not to celebrate Halloween... my non-Christian family members were not exactly understanding.

But that was also one of the first big Christian testimonies I had! My family took notice and realized I was serious about this "Jesus thing".

And it brought me very close to the Lord.

I will not be celebrating Halloween this year.

In the name of the Most High God,

living FOR HIM,

NF

Hey, NF, I think that's an awesome testimony on the faithfulness of God and shows how competent God is to send His Holy Spirit to convict our hearts individually!

I am 100% supportive of believers following the conviction of the Holy Spirit. My beef (with this topic and other's like it) is when christians try to force their personal convictions on others or say it is sin for someone else (which you didn't do).

Thanks for sharing! God is faithful to speak to His children personally!

Superjew

Why I'am Satanist
Superjew you said it. That is my question, why many people say it about you? There is no fire without smoke

Pr18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Tess

It's that demon of forgetfulness in you.

Ignore me all you want, but I speak the truth. Most of what you post is driven by a spirit of fear...fear of the occult...fear of satanism...fear of witchcraft....fear of demons....

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us(to me) the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

19 Behold, I give unto you(To always) power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

People who project their problems upon the others usually have that problem them self. The name of this problem is schizophrenia. I suggest you to spend some time to study this subject. It is rooted in rejection and abandonment.

When last time you cast out demons from your self? To burn everything around you it is not a blessing, I would say it is opposite. There is spirit of burning, judgement and destruction, mention in the Bible. And why a Christian would use Kali tongue ( A Gift for You Men). It is not a blessing but opposite. Or you playing tricks? I am not focusing on darkness, I am exposing it. Have you heard about gift of discernment? God gives gifts who will practice them. I am saying this not to bring you down, but out of great concern. Why you always attacking me? Think about it. Is it spirit of God or some other spirit. Bible mentions all of them we need to know.

Superjew

Why I'am Satanist
Superjew you said it. That is my question, why many people say it about you? There is no fire without smoke

Pr18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Tess

It's that demon of forgetfulness in you.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us(to me) the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

19 Behold, I give unto you(To always) power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

People who project their problems upon the others usually have that problem them self. The name of this problem is schizophrenia. I suggest you to spend some time to study this subject. It is rooted in rejection and abandonment.

When last time you cast out demons from your self? To burn everything around you it is not a blessing, I would say it is opposite. There is spirit of burning, judgement and destruction, mention in the Bible. And why a Christian would use Kali tongue ( A Gift for You Men). It is not a blessing but opposite. Or you playing tricks? I am not focusing on darkness, I am exposing it. Have you heard about gift of discernment? God gives gifts who will practice them. I am saying this not to bring you down, but out of great concern. Why you always attacking me? Think about it. Is it spirit of God or some other spirit. Bible mentions all of them we need to know.

Holy Ravioli...you have got to be kidding me. I knew you were way off, but now you're making me laugh. First, to be clear...let's let everyone know where you took your quotes out of context:

This is the topic where you got your first two quotes

Only a person mentally challenged would not be able to see that those comments were made in jest. Give me a break.

Not only am accused of being a satanist, a communist, now I'm schizophrenic too!!! HAHAHAHAHA

btw...I have been very kind and patient with you thus far, but now you are presisting to make accusations and judgments about my spirituality. Are you familiar with what the Scripture says about bearing false witness against your neighbor? And about slander?

Danger! Danger Will Robinson!