• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

What about Thomas Jefferson? He re-edited the Gospels removong anything he regarded as supernatutal ot irrational.. How would you rank his level of Biblical hostility?

Jefferson never claimed to be a Christian that I know of.

And what does Jefferson have to do with Obama anyway?

I was addressing the title of the thread. In which way do my commemts not do that? If you wanted to limit the discussion to Obama or to Presidents who claimed to be Christians, you should have given it a diferent title!

Well, T. Jefferson's editing of the Bible was not due to any personal hostilty. Jefferson lived during the "Age of Reason" and the Bible, during that time was studied from the standpoint of the "reason" of that age Scholars sought to demythologize the Bible. Jefferson simpy reflected the time and age in which he lived. He was not a "Christian" in terms of being a follower of Christ. Jefferson and many of his contemporaries had a healthy respect for the Bible (at least the parts they believed in). They were not "Christians" in the biblical sense, but they were at least "culturally" Christian.

:thumbsup: Well said, I mean wrote, no I mean posted, ............you get my point. ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What about Thomas Jefferson? He re-edited the Gospels removong anything he regarded as supernatutal ot irrational.. How would you rank his level of Biblical hostility?

Jefferson never claimed to be a Christian that I know of.

And what does Jefferson have to do with Obama anyway?

I was addressing the title of the thread. In which way do my commemts not do that? If you wanted to limit the discussion to Obama or to Presidents who claimed to be Christians, you should have given it a diferent title!

Ah, I see, a diversionary tactic to take the attention off of the concerns with regards to Pres. Obama. You should have discerned the title wasn't mine, but the articles'.

So how about discussing the actions of this president, who claims to be a Christian yet has done these things?